Tyrod asks for pro bowl votes, gets roasted

Teddy KGB

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Check the w-l record.  Especially on the road and even more so against winning teams.  DVOA means nothing if you don’t win.  Also, tell me one DC in the league that fears Tyrod Taylor.  You can think long and hard and come to the conclusion - none.

We didn't win because the defense sucked the past two years.  I seem to recall games where the opposing defense used a spy on Tyrod, as well as "trying to make him be a QB" because of his running threat.  This tells me they do respect his ability; not as a true passer, but as a play maker in general.  I'm not a Tyrod fan boy (really) but I think some of these criticisms focusing strictly on W-L records is a little unfair since they are not taking into account the entire team's performance, but rather simply and unfairly focusing only on Tyrod.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

We didn't win because the defense sucked the past two years.  I seem to recall games where the opposing defense used a spy on Tyrod, as well as "trying to make him be a QB" because of his running threat.  This tells me they do respect his ability; not as a true passer, but as a play maker in general.  I'm not a Tyrod fan boy (really) but I think some of these criticisms focusing strictly on W-L records is a little unfair since they are not taking into account the entire team's performance, but rather simply and unfairly focusing only on Tyrod.  

Live in your own fantasy if you believe Tyrod is a good NFL QB.  Feel free to follow him to his new team next season.  Maybe he will flourish the same way every other Bills retread QB or drafted QB has for the last 17 years.  

Tom Savage is terrible and he probably conservatively made 4-6 throws last night (that every starting qb in the nfl should make) that Tyrod has never made. If you watch NFL football, even bad teams they all attempt and make throws that we don’t even try. It’s not an agenda, it’s not hate, it’s not anything to be confused about. It’s, watch the games and comprehend that something isn’t normal. We don’t even need Reciecers...Tyrod will not look or throw at them. He doesnt throw interceptions. Wonderful, it’s almost entirely because he doesn’t ever attempt NFL throws. How often do check downs or passes thrown 5 yds out of bounds get intercepted?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I actually feel bad for Tyrod.  While not the greatest QB, he is far better than what this putrid offensive scheme allows him to be.  If the offense played to his athletic, mobile strengths, I could see him being in the running to make another Pro Bowl.

Dennison is ruining whatever skills Tyrod has left. Hopefully his next team will use him properly. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Live in your own fantasy if you believe Tyrod is a good NFL QB.  Feel free to follow him to his new team next season.  Maybe he will flourish the same way every other Bills retread QB or drafted QB has for the last 17 years.  

Flutie, Orton, and TT are the only Bills QBs with winning records. 21-18 is decent for the talent that has been on this roster since 2015. No one has said he is good. But he does have a unique skill set that you can win with. The guy gets much more appreciation around the league that from his own fan base. It could be a lot worse-Peterman showed that.

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I distinctly remember Eric Wood posting a link every year. Incognito too. It isn’t weird at all. But I’ve already spent too much time thinking about this.

I didn’t say it’s “weird”. Just that not everyone does it, like you said - and certainly no one has this year. Incognito did last year but not this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Tom Savage is terrible and he probably conservatively made 4-6 throws last night (that every starting qb in the nfl should make) that Tyrod has never made. If you watch NFL football, even bad teams they all attempt and make throws that we don’t even try. It’s not an agenda, it’s not hate, it’s not anything to be confused about. It’s, watch the games and comprehend that something isn’t normal. We don’t even need Reciecers...Tyrod will not look or throw at them. He doesnt throw interceptions. Wonderful, it’s almost entirely because he doesn’t ever attempt NFL throws. How often do check downs or passes thrown 5 yds out of bounds get intercepted?

This exemplifies the ridiculous extremism that's prevalent on TSW.  

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Do you know how often the Taylor fan club points to W/L when they defend his play? It's excruciating.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's a rather common thing all across the league.  Not a big deal.

Maybe so... but it seems odd, considering he only averages a buck eighty and 1 TD per game...if it were me I would be too embarrassed to ask because I knew my play didn’t deserve it...but that’s just me...Rock on, Tyrod! :lol:

This isn't as bad as the Jets' Robbie Anderson asking for Pro Bowl votes during the game vs. Carolina this past Sunday. Chris Spielman was on the color commentary and after Anderson made those comments Spielman said something to the effect of, "How about you worry about trying to win the game you're playing right now instead of thinking about Pro Bowl votes." The clip is online somewhere.

Edited by blacklabel

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Do you know how often the Taylor fan club points to W/L when they defend his play? It's excruciating.

Last I checked, W-L is pretty important. but a winning record doesn't fit the agenda, does it?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-power-ranki

Bills Why did they ever sit Tyrod Taylor? That's clearly a major mistake now. 1 6-5-0

ngs-chargers-are-in-mix-for-afc-west-crown-after-0-4-start/?linkId=45259193

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

No, how often?  I am not aware that Tyrod has a fan club, but I'm not a member.  I'm a Bills fan who roots for the best QB (or any other position) option available to do well.  I just find it frustrating that Tyrod's strengths are being capped by an inept OC and offensive system. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Maybe so... but it seems odd, considering he only averages a buck eighty and 1 TD per game...if it were me I would be too embarrassed to ask because I knew my play didn’t deserve it...but that’s just me...Rock on, Tyrod! :lol:

It's a don't care for me because what does a Pro Bowl selection really mean beyond contract incentives. Especially with so many guys declining the selection in a meaningless game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

No, how often?  I am not aware that Tyrod has a fan club, but I'm not a member.  I'm a Bills fan who roots for the best QB (or any other position) option available to do well.  I just find it frustrating that Tyrod's strengths are being capped by an inept OC and offensive system. 

Like all the time. 

And you think we have an inept OC and offensive system, hmm...fourth time should be the charm? 

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Last I checked, W-L is pretty important. but a winning record doesn't fit the agenda, does it?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-power-ranki

Bills Why did they ever sit Tyrod Taylor? That's clearly a major mistake now. 1 6-5-0

ngs-chargers-are-in-mix-for-afc-west-crown-after-0-4-start/?linkId=45259193

Tyrod Taylor and Mark Sanchez both currently are 2 games above .500 in their careers as starting QB's....