Is anyone here really a Tyrod fan?

Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What an absurd statement.  How completely absurd.  Guys that were drafetd lower or not even drafted are HOFers.  But you have to have specifically a fifth round pick.  Just completely ignorant.

Sarcasm old man....  Look it up......

The fifth rounder has no business starting in their rookie year and looking at your list, not a single one did!!!!!!!

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Sarcasm old man....  Look it up......

The fifth rounder has no business starting in their rookie year and looking at your list, not a single one did!!!!!!!

Does not change my opinion one iota.  Bottom line is draft round does not necessarily predict the future.

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We got a glimpse of what a 5th round rookie would look like....not every QB would perform like Peterman did.

In your first sentence, you think if lets say Carson Wentz was our QB....he would average around 185 yards passing in this offense?  No QB can be successful with Charles Clay, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Zay Jones with Lesean McCoy in the running game?

It's not a rare miss.  We've been in the bottom of the league in YAC yards by receivers 3 years in a row.

It was a rare miss. Wide open receivers are what Tyrod does well at. Typically his accuracy on those throws is better. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No...wide open WR's are generally the receivers Tyrod only throws to.  He won't throw it in tight windows.

That doesn't mean he doesn't miss open WR a lot as well.

This is an accuracy thing. He doesn't miss those throws often. What he doesn't do is throw a wr open with anticipation and accuracy. 

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

This is an accuracy thing. He doesn't miss those throws often. What he doesn't do is throw a wr open with anticipation and accuracy. 

Yes I agree with your second part 100% but he also misses a lot of wide open WR.  He leaves a lot of plays on the field and it's shown on film all the time.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

There is no way he can throw for 300 yards with Dennison calling the plays.  The opposing defensive coordinators don't lose any sleep game planning for Dennison.  

What was interesting was that KC had two people covering Tyrod, which meant players wouhld have been open if they were at all creative.

So now it's the OC? How original. Maybe Tyrod will bloom after his fourth coordinator comes into town.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes I agree with your second part 100% but he also misses a lot of wide open WR.  He leaves a lot of plays on the field and it's shown on film all the time.

I've never had an issue with Tyrod's accuracy. My biggest issues are anticipation and lack of contested throws. 

23 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What exactly will it take for you to get it through your thick skull that draft position and success are not absolutely correlated.  How many QBs do you have to see that were drafted in later rounds, or not even drafted at all, to make you realize it's about drafting the right guy, and not just a first round guy? 

Just looking historically:

Brady (round 6)

Montana (round 3)

Warner (FA)

Moon (not drafted)

Brees (2nd round)

All three HOFers or sure bets for the HOF. 

Lol okay this guy needs to take a statistics course and learn about the word probability.

With this logic, why even bother making 1st round selections???

35 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Of the 32 NFL teams, I put Tyrod somewhere in the 10 - 20 rank.  He's not Tom Brady/Aaron Rogers/Payton Manning/Ben Rothelishfsofihdser and he never will be one of those guys, but he can win games if you put a good team around him.

The overreaction to qb play in the NFL is gigantic and no one ever looks at the other 52 guys.  Lynch said it best after the Hawks lost the SB.... 'Team sport Bro'.

No way does he have a chance at being 10. I would say more like 17 to 28 range.

Tyrod is being neutered to fit the 'he's not our long term solution' narrative. The 2017 "Process" is: avoid exerting effort on offense and pray we're stopping the run/getting takeaways on defense. 

McBeane wants success in 2017, but only if none of it can be accredited to Tyrod. 

4 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Lol okay this guy needs to take a statistics course and learn about the word probability.

With this logic, why even bother making 1st round selections???

Just now, TaskerTough said:

Tyrod is being neutered to fit the 'he's not our long term solution' narrative. The 2017 "Process" is: avoid exerting effort on offense and pray we're stopping the run/getting takeaways on defense. 

McBeane wants success in 2017, but only if none of it can be accredited to Tyrod. 

Actually I've taken tons of statistics classes.  And while there is a correlation between first round QBs and making it in the league, it is not anywhere near a correlation = 1.0

1 minute ago, TaskerTough said:

Pretty much it and makes it depressing to watch.  Will be at the NE game and can hardly wait for the Bills try and grind it out, fall behind and then blame Tyrod for not bringing them back and being under center and handing it to shady.......

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Im a fan of anyone on the Bills. Its the team i root for. Hes not an A-hole or a bad person so there is absolutely nothing for me to hate about him on a personal level. As for Tyrod the player, im still a fan regardless of his struggles. The offense he’s been on coming into this season set some all-time Bills records on offense. The disdain for Tyrod on these boards is over the top and flat out ridiculous. 

Not to mention that nothing was expected of the guy when we got him. Its not like he was a high draft pick who was a complete bust and screwed us. Ive never seen such an underdog story ridiculed and scrutinized so much as Tyrod. Every thread on here. Every day. Non stop. 

I totally agree.  Even players who don't play well almost always play that way because they lack talent.  A few may have personal issues that impinge on their ability to play better but guys don't make it to the NFL if they're lazy.   I don't even hate my least favorite Bill, Vlad Ducasse; if he could be better, he would be.  I'm angry at the poor decisions the Bills FO and coaching staff have made that have made him a starter!!!  :censored:   

This year at least most of Taylor's problems are also on the Bills FO and coaching staff.   Every QB who ever played from Tom Brady to Nate Peterman needs protection and targets as well as an offensive game plan that maximizes his assets and minimizes his limitations.  Taylor has not had any of those this year.  Peterman didn't, either.  It's like these moronic coaches developed game plans for both of them designed to insure they failed!  :doh:   My guess is that just about every  QB in the NFL this season would struggle to look good playing for the 2017 Bills.

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

Wow, that's very lemming-ish.

Well, then, isn't being a fan of any team rather "lemming-ish"?  It looked like there were a lot of lemmings waving yellow towels down in Pittsburgh last night.   How can you be a fan of any team and not support the players who make up that team?  You don't have to be a fan of each player to support them as team members.   I don't see the hatred repeatedly expressed against some Bills players -- particularly Taylor and Dareus this season -- as being a sign of anything except the individual hater's own shortcomings.

2 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I like Tyrod but I like 300 yard passing games too. He can shake defenders like nobody. I'd like to keep him around and see someone legitimately beat him out for the starting job. He would be the ultimate backup QB.

2 hours ago, McNubbins said:

I'm a Tyrod fan because I'm a Bills fan.  Right now he's the best option available.  I don't really get the idea of rooting for a single player.  Root for the team, and Tyrod is our best QB for this season.

Sums it all for me. And while he would be the ultimate backup QB, salary cap matters. Besides that, I'm all in support of him. For all his obvious limitations, nobody has been better than him at QB for the Bills. Not only since he's been here, with what matters, but even for years before. I just don't get the desire to let him go if nobody at the position can replace him!