Tony Romo is awesome

3 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Really?  I think he sucks.  He looks red faced drunk all the time, and says stupid ****, **** that anyone watching can see with their own eyes...

Aikman's ok. I don't think he sucks not like Solomon "everybody knows your name ladanian  David Beckham JR" Willcots SUCKS. Its nice to get a color guy like Romo who is honest. Too many shills for the NFL in broadcasting who spout nonsense and cant even look at an HD slo mo replay and see obvious things.  

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I usually could care less who is announcing but Tony is very informative and makes the game more fun to listen to because you get hear the breakdown from a player's perspective. It's like watching NFL Matchup during the game.

I thoroughly enjoy watching games that he's calling.  He explains things well and doesn't do the whole, "when I played ..." crap that Theismann used to shove down our throats back in the day.

He needs to work on his voice strength.  He sounded like Tom Izzo after a Final Four game yesterday.

But I think he will be the best at his craft for a long time to come.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I usually could care less who is announcing but Tony is very informative and makes the game more fun to listen to because you get hear the breakdown from a player's perspective. It's like watching NFL Matchup during the game.

Love Romo as an announcer.  Five stars.  :wub:

Is there any way each week to tell which game he'll cover?

They must have told him to tone down the breakdowns though. I found him alot more insightful earlier in the year.

My guess is CBS told him to try to simplify it for more of the casual fans. Because he was simply lights out with his breakdowns and predicting plays early this year

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Me too.  Underrated is actually what comes to mind when I think of Romo as a QB.

Yep, it's strange how polarizing he was as a player IMO, he was nothing for me if not consistently above average and sometimes borderline elite. He just had the misfortune of playing in the golden age of QBs so he may have taken a hit by comparison, but I always though of Romo as a top 4-7 guy.

• Like (+1) 1

He is doing for the passing game what Madden once did for the running game.  If someone does not understand coverage he can point out how easy the game can be played.  Romo's mind got him on the field in the NFL.  He provides good insight that is not normally talked about during the game.  As someone that really enjoys and understands football a good bit I enjoy having the schematic aspects of the game analysed.  Its one thing to say it was a great throw, great catch or great play., but talking about how the defense is aligned and where the offense needs to attack speaks to me more.   With out a doubt he could have coached in the NFL if he choose to,  

Edited by Mat68

6 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Gus Johnson as play by play and Tony Romo as color commentator would be absolutely perfect. Doubt we would ever see it. 

Gus Johnson is great, just the right amount of excitement on big plays.

52 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

He is doing for the passing game what Madden once did for the running game.  If someone does not understand coverage he can point out how easy the game can be played.  Romo's mind got him on the field in the NFL.  He provides good insight that is not normally talked about during the game.  As someone that really enjoys and understands football a good bit I enjoy having the schematic aspects of the game analysed.  Its one thing to say it was a great throw, great catch or great play., but talking about how the defense is aligned and where the offense needs to attack speaks to me more.   With out a doubt he could have coached in the NFL if he choose to,  

Was thinking the same thing, Terry could TA$k him into it  ;)

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

They must have told him to tone down the breakdowns though. I found him alot more insightful earlier in the year.

My guess is CBS told him to try to simplify it for more of the casual fans. Because he was simply lights out with his breakdowns and predicting plays early this year

No he was embarrassing his colleagues due to their inability 

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Gus Johnson is great, just the right amount of excitement on big plays.

Was thinking the same thing, Terry could TA$k him into it  ;)

No he was embarrassing his colleagues due to their inability 

By colleagues, do you mean Jim Nantz or the other CBS analysts?

I don't think CBS would tell him to dumb it down because his colleagues have limited knowledge lol

12 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He's currently the best in the business. Great start to a new career for him

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I thoroughly enjoy watching games that he's calling.  He explains things well and doesn't do the whole, "when I played ..." crap that Theismann used to shove down our throats back in the day.

He needs to work on his voice strength.  He sounded like Tom Izzo after a Final Four game yesterday.

But I think he will be the best at his craft for a long time to come.

Theisman is brutal... talks way too much about himself 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I do, they don't want to be shown up.

Hmm. I disagree personally. If I was CBS I would tell the other analysts to study more and be better at their job, opposed to telling the knowledgeable one to dumb down to their level.

Just doesn't make sense to me if CBS would basically say this to Romo: (In other words of course...) "Stop being great at your job because all of our other employees are incompetent". Lol

Edited by billsfan11

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Hmm. I disagree personally. If I was CBS I would tell the other analysts to study more and be better at their job, opposed to telling the knowledgeable one to dumb down to their level.

Just doesn't make sense to me if CBS would basically say this to Romo: (In other words of course...) "Stop being great at your job because all of our other employees are incompetent". Lol

I honestly believe they can't break down the plays like Romo, otherwise they would be too.

It's easier to keep one person in line than to make the rest change.