Tony Romo is awesome

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I usually could care less who is announcing but Tony is very informative and makes the game more fun to listen to because you get hear the breakdown from a player's perspective. It's like watching NFL Matchup during the game.

He's an interesting listen as a color analyst and has a bright future ahead of him. 

Since he just got done playing he is able to pretty much tell the audience what is coming on offense, this will only last a few years.  Once offenses change again, he'll be just like every other ex-player color analyst, pretty much useless yesmen.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I usually could care less who is announcing but Tony is very informative and makes the game more fun to listen to because you get hear the breakdown from a player's perspective. It's like watching NFL Matchup during the game.

He and Aikman are fantastic. Troy is removed from the game but still one of the best in the booth. 

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

He and Aikman are fantastic. Troy is removed from the game but still one of the best in the booth. 

Really?  I think he sucks.  He looks red faced drunk all the time, and says stupid ****, **** that anyone watching can see with their own eyes...

11 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Since he just got done playing he is able to pretty much tell the audience what is coming on offense, this will only last a few years.  Once offenses change again, he'll be just like every other ex-player color analyst, pretty much useless yesmen.

I dont get what you mean by once offenses change again. 

Gruden hasnt coached a game in forever and he’s usually on-point when calling a game. 

27 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I dont get what you mean by once offenses change again. 

Gruden hasnt coached a game in forever and he’s usually on-point when calling a game. 

Right now Romo pretty much knows what plays are called, he hears the QB's audible's, the center's calls etc, and tells the fans what play is coming.  That won't last forever, the farther he gets away from the game, the less he'll be able to do that as offensive systems change.

I've seen bits and pieces of what he does in comparison to Gruden, and Gruden does not go into depth of detail like Romo currently does.

Edited by T-Bomb

He is a pleasant surprise. His joyous personality and enthusiasm were expected, but he also analyses and explains real well. Is that too much to ask from ex-players? They hired way too many just for "entertainment value". I don't mind props and comedy, but substance still matters! He has it all. 

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Gus Johnson as play by play and Tony Romo as color commentator would be absolutely perfect. Doubt we would ever see it. 

Well seeing that Gus was hired away from CBS by Fox Sports to be the voice of college football probably not going to happen.

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Really?  I think he sucks.  He looks red faced drunk all the time, and says stupid ****, **** that anyone watching can see with their own eyes...

wow.   then i must be an idiot because he pointed out some interesting things i had never known before, like how a cover 2 can be disguised using the strongside LB and a DE dropping while the safeties come up and switch to man coverage.   never knew the LB and free safety communicated that much pre snap and can actually change the defensive call all the way up to the hike.   

also i really enjoy how he breaks down options the qb has not only with hot reads, blitz pickups etc, but also clock management stuff at the end of the periods.     he's my kind of broadcast guy.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I like his perspective. some disagree with his play prediction, but for those who aren't familiar with reads, it great and offers a unique insight.

plus i like romo.