Speculation: is this McCoy's last year with the Bills?

PromoTheRobot

6 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

BS. Ezekiel Elliot changed the Cowboys, Adrian Peterson the Vikings and arguably the BEST BILLS PLAYER EVER was drafted in the FIRST round. Just because we missed on Spiller, it doesn't mean you never draft that position high again. By that logic, let's never draft a QB high again because we missed on Losman or never take a LT again because Mike Williams was a bust. What an idiotic and irrational way of thinking.

No he really didnt. Anyone and i mean anyone could have run behind that OL last year. Try again

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No he really didnt. Anyone and i mean anyone could have run behind that OL last year. Try again

That's not even the point, even if you think Ezekiel sucks, which is a moronic view btw, there are doooooozens other 1st-2nd round picks that carried their franchise.

To take a position off your board because of a past failure is unbelievably stupid. Given our track record, we might as well just forfeit our draft picks if that's your argument.

21 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

They are gearing towards rapidly getting younger, so it wouldn't surprise me if we go younger at RB.

The Bills are gearing towards getting cheaper.  They are one of the oldest teams in the NFL because they haven't gotten rid of older, expensive veterans in their effort to retool but have simply replaced more expensive players with cheaper ones.   A team looking to really retool not simply cut salary would have cut Kyle Williams rather than trade Marcel Dareus if they felt the need to get rid of a DT, which was a stupid move in the middle of the season anyways, but then, the Bills are just special that way.  Making stupid moves is the key to their success at avoiding the playoffs for this entire century.

I expect Shady to be gone before next season, and likely Glenn, Incognito, and Clay as well.  Maybe even Wood, too.  Can't waste money on OLers and TEs, especially if they don't buy into the system by getting hurt.

Edited by SoTier

4 hours ago, Doc said:

What was obvious?  That he'll be gone?  Doubtful at best.  Unless there are some issues that we haven't heard about.

His contract was structured and designed to be broken after this year (and for good reason). Shifty 30-yr old RBs typically don't age gracefully -- they tend to hit a wall. He's certainly not part of the team's long range plans going forward. They simply need to get younger at the position. This front office isn't the type to wait for the car to fall apart before selling it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

His contract was structured and designed to be broken after this year (and for good reason). Shifty 30-yr old RBs typically don't age gracefully -- they tend to hit a wall. He's certainly not part of the team's long range plans going forward. They simply need to get younger at the position. This front office isn't the type to wait for the car to fall apart before selling it.

We don't even have a garage to put the car in, selling the one you have is asinine with so many glaring holes.  

32 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

We don't even have a garage to put the car in, selling the one you have is asinine with so many glaring holes.  

It's kind of funny you say that, I sold an '06 last year and bought a '15, I'm actually saving money by upgrading. I sold my '06 to a dealership right before the head gasket was about to blow. Let somebody else deal with the repairs. With a 30 year old RB, it's the same situation. Even if you do keep Shady, it would be very wise to add a starter quality RB, just in case.

Shady is definitely good enough to be on this roster next year but I see the Bills being smart (cap wise and where they are building the team) and moving on from him and the likes of Cordy Glenn, Kyle Williams, Charles Clay, Incognito and other big money guys.

Call me crazy but I get the feeling the Bills are loading for bear and going to go full bore in an attempt to sign Cousins.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

That's not even the point, even if you think Ezekiel sucks, which is a moronic view btw, there are doooooozens other 1st-2nd round picks that carried their franchise.

To take a position off your board because of a past failure is unbelievably stupid. Given our track record, we might as well just forfeit our draft picks if that's your argument.

Did i take it off my board. No. I said positional value. RBs are found all over the draft look at Bell, Kamara, Hunt (i am not going to continue). 

The positional value of the RB position is blah and should never use a 1st round pick on it. 

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

It's kind of funny you say that, I sold an '06 last year and bought a '15, I'm actually saving money by upgrading. I sold my '06 to a dealership right before the head gasket was about to blow. Let somebody else deal with the repairs. With a 30 year old RB, it's the same situation. Even if you do keep Shady, it would be very wise to add a starter quality RB, just in case.

Agreed, but where are we getting a starter quality RB from? I'd rather risk the RB for one more year and draft a QB and a DT, OL, or LB, which are all GLARING needs and pick up a better backup in FA. 

I think Shady is definitely here next year.   Im not a cap expert, but when I look at the over the cap site,  I not sure about pre and post June cut implications.    But it seems like he has 3.7 milion dollar savings in salary but he has 5.2 million in dead money.     So for 3.7 million I can have him on the team and Im going to pay 5.2 either way, I'll keep him.    Shady is playing for the HOF now.   He's on a team that likes to rely on the running game.....He gets the carries, benefits the team and the player.   He can move on for the 19 season.