Zay Jones revival

Dadonkadonk

He seems to be TT's favorite target.  Even when covered.  Early in the season he was dropping balls he should have caught.  Now he's getting to be pretty reliable. 

He has to learn to drag his toe as he is going out of bounds.  I hope that today will provide a learning experience for him after he sees the video.

I want to root for the kid because he's from the American Athletic Conference.  That's a group of misfit schools that try to be good at both football and basketball but mostly aren't elite in either sport.  

It was insane for posters calling for him to be benched.  He just needed to get his head straight after the missed catch against Carolina.  Looks like he's on his way to being a solid WR2 and possibly pushing to be a WR1.

3 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

The kid is looking like a pro.  He has decent size and decent speed and he is getting better not worse as the season goes on.

Look for him to get more attempts especially if they can get Clay, KB, and Matthews all healthy and on the same field with Zay.

Zay looked like he was making strides last week and started out well today......but wasn't sharp today though.  

Looked good early but left a bunch of plays on the field.....couldn't make a play on a nice deep throw down sideline.......couldn't get his feet in on a good sideline throw......couldn't catch a contested pass in middle of field on third down........dropped a low but catchable throw on third down late in the game.   

Team is hurting for playmakers and if he can't make a few Shady is all they have.

Live by Shady.......die by Shady........and today he couldn't get it done with the ****ty blocking and play calling.

Zay is a fish out of water on the deep throws.......unfortunately he's as good as they have.    

• Like (+1) 1

So far this looks like one of the better drafts the Bills have had in recent years, but we've been fooled before and the key will be what these guys do in their 2nd, 3rd, etc NFL seasons and if they can avoid injury setbacks that have derailed many promising young players careers with this team.

If this new regime can hit on their draft picks in the top 3 rounds like we did this year it will go a long way to ending the drought and getting this team back to relevance.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Zay looked like he was making strides last week and started out well today......but wasn't sharp today though.  

Looked good early but left a bunch of plays on the field.....couldn't make a play on a nice deep throw down sideline.......couldn't get his feet in on a good sideline throw......couldn't catch a contested pass in middle of field on third down........dropped a low but catchable throw on third down late in the game.   

Team is hurting for playmakers and if he can't make a few Shady is all they have.

Live by Shady.......die by Shady........and today he couldn't get it done with the ****ty blocking and play calling.

Zay is a fish out of water on the deep throws.......unfortunately he's as good as they have.    

Yeah he had an average game. Getting better. Regained his confidence a couple games ago which was huge though. He missed a few today. Not easy plays but ones we needed. 

18 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

So far this looks like one of the better drafts the Bills have had in recent years, but we've been fooled before and the key will be what these guys do in their 2nd, 3rd, etc NFL seasons and if they can avoid injury setbacks that have derailed many promising young players careers with this team.

If this new regime can hit on their draft picks in the top 3 rounds like we did this year it will go a long way to ending the drought and getting this team back to relevance.

I'd like to end the drought this season.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Do you think you have above average football acumen?  Because I do not.

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, it's all about sharing the ball. He will get his, just wait on him. Brady does the same thing.

Excuse me. Revival? He had the most targets in the game. Yet he only caught 3 of 10. He dropped 7. All the other targets caught all their targets or missed just 1 in the game. He has not been very reliable or productive. I'm not calling him a bust, but he has yet to prove himself as a reliable hands guy and has not been very good at getting separation. He at this time has a long way to go as proving he could be a credible number 3.  He did not bother to drag his feet to stay in bounds, even though he had a well placed ball. That pass would have been caught by most NFL caliber players.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

So wait, a rookie is able to struggle and then be allowed to rebound and learn as a career goes on?   I thought they were supposed to be cut after a bad performance.

Word!  Way too many were writing him off early.  The NFL is the highest level of competition in football, running off young guys that are not immediately productive is a recipe for continued failure.

16 minutes ago, simpleman said:

Excuse me. Revival? He had the most targets in the game. Yet he only caught 3 of 10. He dropped 7. All the other targets caught all their targets or missed just 1 in the game. He has not been very reliable or productive. I'm not calling him a bust, but he has yet to prove himself as a reliable hands guy and has not been very good at getting separation. He at this time has a long way to go as proving he could be a credible number 3.  He did not bother to drag his feet to stay in bounds, even though he had a well placed ball. That pass would have been caught by most NFL caliber players.

Way too simple of an analysis:  I disagree that that pass would have been caught by “most” NFL caliber players,  that was a difficult one catch and I think the kid will learn from that.

1 hour ago, simpleman said:

Leave the crack alone... he did not drop 7 passes today.