Rex Ryan Rips McDermott on NFL Countdown

26CornerBlitz

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

Rex is correct.

The decision was woeful. Bad for the team.  Bad for Peterman.  Bad for how the players view McCoach.  McCoach had no choice but to reverse himself to try to save himself.

As for Rex, he had the best record of any Buffalo Bills coach in years even though the Bills had many injuries and someone behind the scenes was trying to undermine his position with the team by, for example, leaking to the media just before the Pittsburgh game.

The guy completely embraced the Buffalo community and did not deserve to be fired in less than two years.  In fact, it makes no sense to fire a coach in less than two years . . . especially after the team had spent the previous year pushing the importance of continuity.

But hey, that is just me.  I know the Rex haters come out every time there is a thread like this.

You mean other than Marrone? 

6 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

You mean other than Marrone? 

Including Marrone.  You may want to check their records again.

Rex had the best winning percentage since Wade.  Rex's winning percentage was .484 for the Bills.  Marrone's winning percentage with the Bills was .469.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Cuz Rex did so awesome with more talent right? Hey Rex how was your defense last year? 

Not much difference than this year's. He also didn't run all the talent out of town. McDermott can't use the talent excuse.

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

McDermott would toss fatso around on the wrestling mat. Big mouth Rex nothing but hot air Ryan is

What does that have to do with anything? Our coach can beat up other coaches after the game if they out coach him? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Cuz Rex did so awesome with more talent right? Hey Rex how was your defense last year? 

The past three weeks may have been the worst consecutive three weeks that I can recall watching our team (and defense).  Just awful and embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

McDermott would toss fatso around on the wrestling mat. Big mouth Rex nothing but hot air Ryan is

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What does that have to do with anything? Our coach can beat up other coaches after the game if they out coach him? 

That could add an interesting wrinkle to the Coaches Challenge

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

That could add an interesting wrinkle to the Coaches Challenge

It would be interesting to see a fight between Rex and McCoach.  

If it were a bar or street fight, I fully expect that the players would have Rex's back and hammer McCoach.

2 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

A defensive coach ripping a defensive coach about their offense.  Sad thing is if either one of these ding dongs could actually get teh defense to play defense for 16 games we might have been in the playoffs in the last 3 years.

I'd say a bit early to criticize McDermott's defense since he really doesn't have the players that he needs.  I'll give him one offseason

28 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Not much difference than this year's. He also didn't run all the talent out of town. McDermott can't use the talent excuse.

That McDermott could press Rex and you. 

3 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I'd say a bit early to criticize McDermott's defense since he really doesn't have the players that he needs.  I'll give him one offseason

I keep on reading and hearing that he has all the players with his DNA on the roster.  

I write this just a few moments after a guy McBeane discarded wipes out our star running back for the second time this game.

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Well, it's not like McDermott hired his twin brother to help him fix things...so he's got that going for him, which is nice...

No, his twins doing well enough from comedy, though I do wonder how the D would go with Bill Burr coaching? 

3 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

It really shows how ESPN has gone down the tube....Having this buffoon of a coach as an analyst is laughable....The only thing he can analyse is a cheeseburger....Rex and Rob are frauds...

Yes he may not be qualified. But he’s not wrong about the point he was making