Canned cranberry sauce

SDS

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Home made is the way to go. 

This^^^^^^ .... Amen brotha.......

As for the OP’s original question ..... if you are going to consume that many empty calories why the hell would you waste them on canned cranberry sauce?  IMO there are far better cravings but to each their own.

15 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

What other "kind of gross" things do you eat "just to be polite?"

When I was a child, anytime we'd go to the Bronx to visit my great grandparents, fried plantains were always served.  I hated them.  But I ate them.

You know why? It was outta respect.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This^^^^^^ .... Amen brotha.......

As for the OP’s original question ..... if you are going to consume that many empty calories why the hell would you waste them on canned cranberry sauce?  IMO there are far better cravings but to each their own.

Wouldn't the "like" button have accomplished letting the poster know you agreed with him, rather than an extraneous post simply to boost your numbers? :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

When I was a child, anytime we'd go to the Bronx to visit my great grandparents, fried plantains were always served.  I hated them.  But I ate them.

You know why? It was outta respect.

Wouldn't the "like" button have accomplished letting the poster know you agreed with him, rather than an extraneous post simply to boost your numbers? :rolleyes:

Really?  Isn’t every post in this thread extraneous?  However, I guess I am wrong.  Your posts clearly should be held in much higher regard no matter where and when they appear.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Really?  Isn’t every post in this thread extraneous?  However, I guess I am wrong.  Your posts clearly should be held in much higher regard no matter where and when they appear.

I don't know about you, but when we reach the 3rd week in November, any post about cranberry sauce is taken pretty seriously by me.

As far as your hurtful snark with regard to my posts, I challenge you to find a poster who displays more erudition on the consistent basis that I do.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't know about you, but when we reach the 3rd week in November, any post about cranberry sauce is taken pretty seriously by me.

As far as your hurtful snark with regard to my posts, I challenge you to find a poster who displays more erudition on the consistent basis that I do.

I never realized that you hold aspirations to be DC Tom.  Keep striving, maybe one day your dreams will come true.  

10 hours ago, SDS said:

I have eaten an entire can in one sitting without anything to go with it. Disgusting or amazing?

Neither.  It's just weird and completely !@#$ed up.

27 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Cranberry sauce in a can.  I hate when folks try to make it fancy like.  Open the can and plop that floppy cylinder of deliciousness on a plate.  Love it.

yep it ain't authentic unless you can see the ribbing from the can.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Cranberry sauce in a can.  I hate when folks try to make it fancy like.  Open the can and plop that floppy cylinder of deliciousness on a plate.  Love it.

So I take it that you are against mayo on top of it.  I hear ya! Yuck!

Mayo on anything ain't high class! 

46 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Never.  I do like them on a turkey sandwich. 

I have eaten a can of sliced beets for lunch.  

Did you pee red?

:D

10 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Canned is the only way to go.

Stove-Top, now this.  You're forming a pattern. :D

With that:

Homemade or store-bought hummus?

I am gonna have to break away possibly and say homemade... Wife just whipped up a batch of sriracha and garlic hummus this morning.   Yum!  Breakfest of champions!

I wouldn’t even know where to get actual cranberries to make my own, but I won’t knock anything until I’ve tried it once.

I like the smooth jellied, but I love thee whole chunks. It’s served in a pretty heavy proportion on my Thanksgiving plate. Except this year which will be pizza as I sit home by myself. THAT is weird. Life happens sometimes. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Completely gross.  The texture of that stuff alone is disgusting. 

Absolutely disgusting. 

I just finished making cranberry sauce for tomorrow... fresh cranberries + orange + orange juice + sugar + vanilla + cinnamon and 20 minutes - tada! Not only is it edible, it is pretty darned good

• Like (+1) 1