Canned cranberry sauce

SDS

16 minutes ago, SDS said:

I have eaten an entire can in one sitting without anything to go with it. Disgusting or amazing?

Amazing and I'm not sucking up either!

I favor the jellied one though.

Love the taste too!

Edited by CowgirlsFan

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Ever notice the labels are always upside down?

And I think cranberry sauce is kind of gross.

Probably a top 10 favorite food for me.  Not necessarily canned… We make our own whole cranberry sauce every year now. 

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Probably a top 10 favorite food for me.  Not necessarily canned… We make our own whole cranberry sauce every year now. 

It's one of those foods that I don't hate.  I've always eaten it just to be polite.  But I do like cranberries and cranberry juice.  I bet homemade cranberry sauce would be something I'd like.

Amazing.  Wife likes it too... Until that time she spent T-Day at a friend's grandmother's in Terra Haute, Indiana.  She was ready to dive into the cranberry sauce when her friend's grandmother spoke up and said: "Oh no Honey! That ain't ready yet."  ...While proceeding to put multiple massive dollops of mayonnaise on everything, including the cranberry sauce.

Now... That's gross.  How do you react politely to that!  She couldn't pass on it after being initially excited. :(

She's been traumatized ever since, well over 20 years now... LoL...:lol: 

WTF, mayo... Really?  On the cranberry sauce!

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's one of those foods that I don't hate.  I've always eaten it just to be polite.  But I do like cranberries and cranberry juice.  I bet homemade cranberry sauce would be something I'd like.

Cranberries=Native American "super food."

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Probably a top 10 favorite food for me.  Not necessarily canned… We make our own whole cranberry sauce every year now

:thumbsup:

Same here;  it's a must for T-giving dinner.  As indispensable as the stuffing.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

real cranberry sauce all day.  This to me is like asking what is better- canned tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes?

Nobody asked anything of the sort. I just made more of something I had done in the last. Maybe more than once. ?