OVERCOOKED OVERREACTION

theRalph

I think it is more or less fair to put 2 INTs on Peterman, but not 5.

I also think there is a strong chance he starts in KC, even though most fans probably can't believe that.

I do NOT think he is ready to play and had things gone slightly differently, he could have had a really good day.

He's not ready.

Still glad they tried with him though.  That game is still a loss all day long if Tyrod had started.

Until the D is fixed, forget winning again this season.

Well, except 1 or maybe 2 more games.

Just now, section122 said:

On a roll?  It was his 3rd pass!!!

My favorite excuse this week is that the ints aren't all his fault.  Tyrod has 3 picks on the year.  2 of them happened the same way DiMarco's did.  I have not seen one person excuse either of those picks.  Put the rookie in though and the line is all of a sudden bad, there are no weapons, and the running game didn't help him out.   Those are all true points but they were also true with Tyrod behind center.

I have not seen one fan criticize Taylor for interceptions, ever.

No one criticizes Taylor for the balls he throws; they criticize him for the balls he does not throw.

7 minutes ago, Xerx said:

Everyone keeps tossing that first INT on DiMarco...

1. It hit his hands should catch it- this applies to SKILL PLAYERS

2. DiMarco IS NOT a SKILL player

3. That was a throw that needed touch, floated ahead of, not lasered at his forhead.

4. We can blame Dennison for having DiMarco on the field, but you need to recognize who you are throwing the ball too as well.

5. That WAS NOT ALL on DiMarco...he's not paid to catch passes (thankfully)

Lasered at his forehead, not at all what i saw.   It was not lasered and it was not at his forehead.

Peterman is guilty of a lot but not that pick 6, no way no how. 

I would love to see Peterman start against the Chiefs. That would be so Billsy! I realized that the only fun I have watching this team now involves making fun of them. DiMarco is having passes thrown to him! Ingest that deeply for a moment.  Someone drew up a play for a guy who can only block. He is a guy who has 53 fantasy points in a five year career. And we threw the ball to him while Shady was in the game. Oh yeah, Tolbert. Our best receiver has averaged 2 catches a game. This is with TT starting nine games.

And right now, our offence is better than our defense!!!!

The Kizer fumble against Jacksonville yesterday was hilarious because a Browns running back couldn't even pick up the ball in the end zone all alone with the ball right under him. That's funny.

The Bills are funny. Only way to look at the team. Let's all have a nice laugh for the rest of the season and hope Peterman starts Sunday. 

And this:

Housley5.jpg

5 minutes ago, Lofton80 said:

Any Quarterback who throws 5 interceptions in a half is going to get the same reaction. He made the throws he owns them. He will get another chance

though I would wait for a home game.

Exactly.  And if his last name were Brissett or Hoyer or Gabbert it would be the same reaction.  Unfortunately for Peterman, he has no other body of work to fall back on.  So this is it.  He picked the worst possible moment to try and be a gunslinger and throw passes when he shouldn't have.  Sometimes you just gotta turtle or throw it deep out of bounds.   And yeah, the KB injury and DiMarco thing were big contributors but Nate doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.  He's a rookie and he threw 5 picks.  That's all anyone cares about.

39 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Drought psychosis is reigning supreme. Everywhere. Except at One Bills Drive. 

Yes, it was a disaster. But shut down your emotions for a moment and consider the facts:

1. Peterman went 3-3 before the first INT. Who among us, after the throw to Benjamin, did not shout “that’s the throw we’ve been looking for!!!”

2. Pat DiMarco should have his beard plucked out whisker by whisker for playing beach volleyball with a throw right on his hands. That 1st INT wrecked the day.

3. We didn’t expect it, but Peterman’s start revealed stark weaknesses on the offensive line. On 2 of the interceptions, he had pass rushers in his grill. And it certainly wasn’t because he was holding out of the ball too long.

4. So 3 of the 5 INTs weren’t exactly Peterman’s fault. The other two were his fault. Dak Prescott also had two very similar INTs 2 hours later, at home, vs. the Eagles.

For as much as fans go on and on about the drought, they really don’t give credence to the fact that the drought has tremendous negative energy. This may sound crazy but I believe Peterman’s start actually put a dent in that energy and that energy bit back.

When you arrive understanding, you won’t understand that it will be much more difficult for the bills to break the drought that it will for them to go on a run in the playoffs. 

Peterman starts in Kansas City, Mark my words.

1.  Peterman wasn't 3-3 on his first three passes.  In the first two drives, he was 2-3 to Bills receivers and 2-2 to LAC DB's (with 1 TD I might add).  As for the throw to Benjamin, I'd say the touch TD pass from Taylor to McCoy was far more difficult.

2.  If you look closely, the sun was right in the receiver's face, and, the pass was definitely thrown harder than what it should've been.  But yes, he should've caught it.

3. Ya think?!  So it took Peterman getting killed to figure out the Oline stunk?!  I guess, when Taylor was getting blasted in the Jets game, it was somehow Taylor's fault for taking the sacks.  The double standard is alive and well in Buffalo.  And if you're gonna play woulda-shoulda-coulda, two of Taylor's 3 INT's this year should've been caught which would give him a total of one for the year.  In fact, the one to Clay should've given him one more TD for the year.

4. Are you really gonna go there?  They weren't his fault?  He threw them, bottom line.  Again, the double standard is ridiculous.  What's even more ridiculous is the fact McDoof is at the head of the club.  

If Peterman starts in KC, McD is shortening his own leash.  And if Peterman has another terrible game, he will get laughed out of a job.  I can only wonder how much ridicule the Pegulas will be able to take.  At this point, McD looks like a stubborn coach trying to justify what most consider a ridiculous decision by compounding it to make a point.  Boy was I fooled by this guy.

Edited by Bills757
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I have not seen one fan criticize Taylor for interceptions, ever.

No one criticizes Taylor for the balls he throws; they criticize him for the balls he does not throw.

I don't want to do the digging because the search function is terrible but I disagree.  Both throws were panned as his fault.  He threw them he owns them.  I don't disagree that the int is on Dimarco but those are the fluky ones that end up on the stat line.  Even excusing that one he had 4 ints and a fumble in a half of football.  There should be no excuse for that.

22 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

One huge play can change everything an in NFL play, Peterman was on a roll before that fiasco.  Psychological momentum in the NFL is real.

If one drop by a receiver is enough to turn Peterman into a drooling interception machine, then he has no business being on a NFL field.

14 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It was not lasered and it was not at his forehead.

Then you didn't watch the game.

Edited by NoPlayoffs

Not to overreact or anything...but McD should come out tomorrow and not only declare Tyrod will start at KC.  But he should say Tyrod will be the starter for the remainder of the season.  If McD turns this into a flip-floppy type QB situation then he loses the team and loses credibility as a head coach.

Edited by zow2

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Not to overreact or anything...but McD should come out tomorrow and not only declare Tyrod will start at KC.  But he should say Tyrod will be the starter for the remainder of the system.  If McD turns this into a flip-floppy type QB situation then he loses the team and loses credibility as a head coach.

Coach should go to the Church of Tyrod and repent for his sins. 

41 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Agree completely.  DiMarco makes that catch, we may have an entirely different game and outcome.  I'll give Peterman a pass on this 1st game.  He's still the guy that can push the ball downfield.  The O-line is glaringly bad right now - something has to be done immediately there.

how and why are you saying this? he has yet to show this. he had a few decent plays in preseason and at the end of the Saints game. he's yet to show that he is indeed that guy. he was given an entire half, and threw 5 picks. the single TD drive during the first half was ALL runs by 25. uh oh. could consistency be an issue?

Just now, Lfod said:

Coach should go to the Church of Tyrod and repent for his sins. 

nah, he might want to go to the Church of INTs. I hear NP puts on a hell of a service.

51 minutes ago, theRalph said:

1. Peterman went 3-3 before the first INT. Who among us, after the throw to Benjamin, did not shout “that’s the throw we’ve been looking for!!!”

2-2, actually.

52 minutes ago, theRalph said:

2. Pat DiMarco should have his beard plucked out whisker by whisker for playing beach volleyball with a throw right on his hands. That 1st INT wrecked the day.

Third time it's happened this year. What's Clay's punishment for doing it twice?

53 minutes ago, theRalph said:

3. We didn’t expect it, but Peterman’s start revealed stark weaknesses on the offensive line. On 2 of the interceptions, he had pass rushers in his grill. And it certainly wasn’t because he was holding out of the ball too long.

Several of us did expect it.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Yes, it was a disaster. But shut down your emotions for a moment and consider the facts:

4. So 3 of the 5 INTs weren’t exactly Peterman’s fault. The other two were his fault. Dak Prescott also had two very similar INTs 2 hours later, at home, vs. the Eagles.

For as much as fans go on and on about the drought, they really don’t give credence to the fact that the drought has tremendous negative energy. This may sound crazy but I believe Peterman’s start actually put a dent in that energy and that energy bit back.

When you arrive at this understanding, you will understand that it will be much more difficult for the bills to break the drought that it will for them to go on a run in the playoffs. 

Man this play burned me up more than anything over the past 3 weeks.

The picks that had pressure  attributed ARE still Peterman's fault... (I also put those on the coaches for expecting a rookie to convert on 3rd and long situations)

Not sure what McD expects to learn going forward from watching a statue get pummeled week in week out.. other than... shh.. Tank....

46 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Did you forget to mention that the Bills defence can't stop a nose bleed?

THIS X 1 MILLION!!

I hear talk about not losing the locker room over the QB decision. I say tell those guys to look in the freakin' mirror, starting with the O-line, DiMarco and the entire defense. 

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, theRalph said:

When you arrive understanding, you won’t understand that it will be much more difficult for the bills to break the drought that it will for them to go on a run in the playoffs. 

It was an epic fail from the start. Just because he made a play or two doesn't discount that. He threw two pop flies down the middle of the field. If your back peddling or your going to be hit don't throw it in the middle of the field. Worst first game Rookie start in 26 years and he had that by half time!!!!! If he spiked the ball on every play his QB Rating would have been 20 points higher(That's how bad it was) The coaching staff had no right to start someone who was clearly not ready, behind this offensive line, on the road, against that pass rush. The play calling, for playing with a Rookie QB, was absolutely horrible. They set him up to fail. At home against Miami or when they played Indy....I could probably get behind that. Based on where he is and with this offensive line there's no way he should have saw the field in this game, unless it was in mop up duty. If he starts in KC, I can't see it getting a whole lot better. It's like they're trying to wreck his career in year #1. Give him another month and play him the last two games of the year.