Who starts next week: Taylor or Peterman?

SDS

Which QB starts in week 11?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Only because there is a lack of a true QB in the NFL.   The college coaches do not do a good job of developing real talent.  

Wrong, the game just evolved. The Wing-T used to be a thing too. Teams are scoring at a rate that they’ve never scored at. This is an offensive era. The rules play a role but so does the evolution of the QB position and the spread offense.

FWIW, I would say that both Bills QBs do this. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

12 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The only thing lacking is opportunities in the NFL for people willing to innovate with these talented young men.

Shouldn't that start in college?  

We have 10 to 20 average QBs in the league, maybe 5 Very good ones, 2 of which are a lock for the HoF.  the other 12 are very poor.  

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Wrong, the game just evolved. The Wing-T used to be a thing too. Teams are scoring at a rate that they’ve never scored at. This is an offensive era. The rules play a role but so does the evolution of the QB position and the spread offense.

FWIW, I would say that both Bills QBs do this. 

If you want to eliminate the passing game .....  Make it illegal.  

Some "progression" is actually a regression.  

I'm just being a wise *** while trying to shed some insight 

at a rate that they’ve never scored at  - All except Buffalo.   Defenses have forgotten how to tackle?  

I recall seeing games with high scores of 35 to 45 pt games weekly years ago.   So maybe not much of a change overall.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We have 10 to 20 average QBs in the league, maybe 5 Very good ones, 2 of which are a lock for the HoF.  the other 12 are very poor.  

It is starting in College. Offenses are being developed to get the most out of their skillsets as quickly as possible. Then they get to the NFL and they are asked to completely change the way they play because the coaches don't want to adapt. All you have to do is look at the success Houston was having with Watson this year. The staff there fully embraced Watson's skillset and he flourished for it. There needs to be more of that around the league, and there will be if Watson picks up where he left off down there because everyone else will need to catch up.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

WRT to Watson -  How many other QB's out of how many total QB's drafted in 17 have seen success?   0, 1, 2 more than that?    

Clearly Watson, yes. The only other one I would say has had success so far is CJ Beathard, given his supporting cast. But, as Yolo may point out, I'm slightly biased on that.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It is starting in College. Offenses are being developed to get the most out of their skillsets as quickly as possible. Then they get to the NFL and they are asked to completely change the way they play because the coaches don't want to adapt. All you have to do is look at the success Houston was having with Watson this year. The staff there fully embraced Watson's skillset and he flourished for it. There needs to be more of that around the league, and there will be if Watson picks up where he left off down there because everyone else will need to catch up.

Granted I've only seen his game against NE, but aside from a couple of called QB runs and a slightly more-than-average amount 7 step drops to get him some space the Texans looked like they were doing pretty traditional things with Watson. Have they really implemented a very different sort of offense for him, or is he just a superior quarterback?

11 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If you want to eliminate the passing game .....  Make it illegal.  

Some "progression" is actually a regression.  

I'm just being a wise *** while trying to shed some insight 

at a rate that they’ve never scored at  - All except Buffalo.   Defenses have forgotten how to tackle?  

I recall seeing games with high scores of 35 to 45 pt games weekly years ago.   So maybe not much of a change overall.  

5 of the top 9 seasons in terms of per team scoring average have been since 2012. 9 of the last 10 seasons would fall in the top 16. Scoring is at its peak.

The passing game is too. It’s just different. It isn’t a bunch of stand in the pocket and go through a series of progressions. It’s 2 reads and make a play. That isn’t changing any time soon as evidenced by the stats from Hokie. The only way that’s going to change is if the defenses find a way to stop it. 

12 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

KC and Philly are the other examples. They are basically running Smith’s college offense (even though they’ve slowed some). There are college concepts all over the place with Wentz too. All 3 of those QBs have been in the MVP conversation this year.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Granted I've only seen his game against NE, but aside from a couple of called QB runs and a slightly more-than-average amount 7 step drops to get him some space the Texans looked like they were doing pretty traditional things with Watson. Have they really implemented a very different sort of offense for him, or is he just a superior quarterback?

From my understanding they pretty much copied a bunch of the route combinations and play designs he was used to from Clemson last year so that he would be more comfortable in knowing where to expect his receivers to be at any given time. They also incorporated a decent amount of QB movement and draws. If you watch a few more games of him (I'd recommend the Seattle game, it was fantastic) it's pretty easy to see he isn't operating an offense designed for Tom Savage.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

KC and Philly are the other examples. They are basically running Smith’s college offense (even though they’ve slowed some). There are college concepts all over the place with Wentz too. All 3 of those QBs have been in the MVP conversation this year.

Yeah, that's where I was originally going to go with my post, but I didn't want to toot my own horn :lol:

The top 5 ratings I've issued this year (as of last night) are:

Brady

Wentz

Wilson

Watson

Smith

4 of those 5 are averaging ~5 carries and ~25 yards per game and the other one's named Brady.

48 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

I don't see how starting a guy who is not ready to start in the NFL, and may not even be a capable backup is a "big picture" move. Peterman should ride the bench until we're mathematically eliminated, and see if he can secure a backup spot next TC. After that horrendous 1st half of football, signing Kaepernick to backup Taylor for the rest of the year would make the Bills a better football team.

No it wouldn't.

59 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Could lose the locker room.

"Peterman will be as good as TT in a couple of weeks". Wow. That's all I can say to this. It never ends. You said Peterman would be better right away. At least you are backtracking a little now.lolAnd you don't start a rookie fifth round pick when the playoffs are very much a possibility in a weak AFC. A terrible move that could lose the locker room.

1. You've never set foot in that locker room or any locker room as far as I know. "Lose the locker room" is a way over used cliche and when uttered by delusional fans is even worse.

2. Tyrod Taylor is not going to be the difference of whether this team makes the playoffs. In fact there is no proof Tyrod would have fared any different in the first half of the game on Sunday. In fact it was eerily similar to the first half at home versus the Saints.

3. I already think Peterman has more upside than Tyrod so I am not backtracking on that. I do think he will be better given the opportunity.

4. Tyrod was a sixth round pick so please stop comparing these players by draft status.

5. Tyrod is done in Buffalo regardless of your opinion and my opinion. It's time to move on especially for the emotional folks like yourself. 

58 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

I don't see how starting a guy who is not ready to start in the NFL, and may not even be a capable backup is a "big picture" move. Peterman should ride the bench until we're mathematically eliminated, and see if he can secure a backup spot next TC. After that horrendous 1st half of football, signing Kaepernick to backup Taylor for the rest of the year would make the Bills a better football team.

If you are making the point that Kaep has more talent and would upgrade the back up position I agree. Whether it makes us a better team is unknown. By that standard we could sign Manziel, Tebow or the broke down skeleton of RGIII and upgrade the backup position on skill alone. 

Bringing in really any of those guys however is a huge distraction and it's just not worth it for a 2nd team guy.

However I'd like to hear why we haven't brought in guys like McGloin or Nassib for a looks see. They aren't the answer either but one thing is certain...neither is as bad as Peterman.

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I posted this before and it needs to be posted again for the people with blinders. Yes Nate sucked with 5,  But he is not the only one.  Many QB's are on the list 3, 4 and 5 times 

Player INT's    In One Game
Steve DeBerg 7 TAM Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. SF 49ers, September 7, 1986
Ken Stabler+ 7 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos, October 16, 1977
Joe Namath+ 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Houston Oilers, October 15, 1967
Vinny Testaverde 6 TAM Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Minnesota Vikings, October 23, 1988
Joe Namath+ 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Baltimore Colts, October 18, 1970
Peyton Manning 6 IND Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers, November 11, 2007
Brett Favre+ 6 GNB Green Bay Packers vs. St. Louis Rams, January 20, 2002
Ryan Fitzpatrick 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Kansas City Chiefs, September 25, 2016
Chris Chandler 6 STL St. Louis Rams vs. Carolina Panthers, December 12, 2004
Heath Shuler 5 WAS Washington Redskins vs. Arizona Cardinals, October 16, 1994
Jay Cutler 5 CHI Chicago Bears vs. SF 49ers, November 12, 2009
Ben Roethlisberger 5 PIT Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, October 8, 2017
Tony Romo 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. Buffalo Bills, October 8, 2007
Joe Flacco 5 BAL Baltimore Ravens vs. Buffalo Bills, September 29, 2013
Ken Stabler+ 5 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. Miami Dolphins, December 10, 1978
Ken Stabler+ 5 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. New York Jets, October 21, 1979
Troy Aikman+ 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants, October 15, 2000
Ken Stabler+ 5 HOU Houston Oilers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, September 7, 1980
Ken Stabler+ 5 HOU Houston Oilers vs. Seattle Seahawks, October 5, 1980
Tony Romo 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. Chicago Bears, October 1, 2012
Brett Favre+ 5 GNB Green Bay Packers vs. Cincinnati Bengals, October 30, 2005
Drew Brees 5 NOR New Orleans Saints vs. Atlanta Falcons, November 29, 201

Thats a given the way the defense has been playing.  

We Taylor supporters have much to learn from the Cult of Nathan. None of us ever tried tying ourselves into such convoluted knots to excuse the inexcusable.

Our Nathanist brethren can teach us a great deal about proper cult-like dedication.........

Edited by grb

7 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

In fact there is no proof Tyrod would have fared any different in the first half of the game on Sunday.

Say what? The most INTs Tyrod has thrown in a season is 6, and you think there's no proof he wouldn't have thrown 5 in the first half of a single game?

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought I'd seen some delusional posting here, but the Cake, it's Yours.

We did not run Orton out of town.  We enticed him back from retirement on the promise of "another shot at a playoff and a nice fat paycheck".  It was no surprise that he continued his retirement plans after that season - he was clearly done with the "sacrifice your body to win games" schtick.

The player who sabotaged Peterman's start is Peterman.  The Chargers are at the top of the league for QB pressure and sacks.  Bosa and Ingram can run wild against a good line, let alone a craptastic one missing its best player in Glenn.  "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence"

Tuel was the backup, EJ was the hoped-for franchise guy.  Unless the backup plays lights-out, he doesn't keep the gig when the starter can play.

Here's the stat lines, you tell me which one is EJ and which one is Tuel:

8-20 (40%) 80 yds 0 TD 1 INT 2 sk rating 31.2

11-20 (55%) 129 yds 0 TD 0 INT 2 sk rating 74.8

18-39 (46%) 229 yd 1 TD 2 INT 0 sk rating 52.2

22-39 (56%) 155 yd 1 TD 1 INT 3 sk rating 63.5

Gee it's sure clear to me who outplayed whom there (sar chasm <<<<=======). 

The "EJ Manuel worst QB ever" narrative here has long jumped the shark.

Wow, I was joking. 

Sorry, if you were not able to pick up on that. I thought the gif and the fact I said I was joking would have given it away. That said, EJ is horrid and Tuel was not much worse (if worse than EJ at all). Peterman might have been sabotaged by TT loyalists. Who knows? Do you think the coaching staff isn't pissing off players? Trading all the talent and benching the starting QB?  I mean, they literally let Bosa come in unblocked. No, I don't think race has anything to do with it, except for in the eyes of retarded or ignorant fans.

Below is for real on Peterman? Was he sabotaged, purposefully? Does the Bills OL just suck that much? 

"He literally didn't bloce me" <--- my favorite part 

7 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Wow, I was joking. 

Sorry, if you were not able to pick up on that. I thought the gif and the fact I said I was joking would have given it away. That said, EJ is horrid and Tuel was not much worse (if worse than EJ at all). Peterman might have been sabotaged by TT loyalists. Who knows? Do you think the coaching staff isn't pissing off players? Trading all the talent and benching the starting QB?  I mean, they literally let Bosa come in unblocked. No, I don't think race has anything to do with it, except for in the eyes of retarded or ignorant fans.

Below is for real on Peterman? Was he sabotaged, purposefully? Does the Bills OL just suck that much? 

Jeebus Mills doesn't even try out there.

12 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Mills?  Yeah, he's that bad.  I thought he did better last year with Miller instead of Ducasse next to him.

I had to slow through that clip because it was usually Dawkins being the turnstile - yeah, he's that bad, too. 

Whatever his proclivities for wandering around farm fields in the buff, Kujo did a better job filling in for Glenn last year.

Bills shoulda just bought him a membership to the American Naturist Society and let him go to it.

I knew Bosa was good but Man, he's a Beast.  But if you want to play OT in the NFL, you gotta be able to tame Beasts.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mills?  Yeah, he's that bad.  I thought he did better last year with Miller instead of Ducasse next to him.

I had to slow through that clip because it was usually Dawkins being the turnstile - yeah, he's that bad, too. 

Whatever his proclivities for wandering around farm fields in the buff, Kujo did a better job filling in for Glenn last year.

Bills shoulda just bought him a membership to the American Naturist Society and let him go to it.

I knew Bosa was good but Man, he's a Beast.  But if you want to play OT in the NFL, you gotta be able to tame Beasts.

If I had to bet, I bet on the Bills' OL just being that bad. But, part of me can't shake the feeling that as a result of TT being benched some players didn't play as well as they could have. I mean, I don't think that was the case, I just have a feeling it might have been. 

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Bosa might be pass rusher in league. Made Mills and Vlad look like high school players lol.

He is setting records... but even still it looked like Mills was trying to play patty cake with a 3 year old.  Its not that he just got beat.  Its that there was no effort at all.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Serious questions:

1) do you believe Peterman is the future, or may be the future?

2) do you believe the bolded words above are true of any college QB drafted by the NFL?

1) Yes, he could be. Nobody knows.

2) Yes, Somewhat true - some qb's played at smaller schools.

1 hour ago, grb said:

We Taylor supporters have much to learn from the Cult of Nathan. None of us ever tried tying ourselves into such convoluted knots to excuse the inexcusable.

Our Nathanist brethren can teach us a great deal about proper cult-like dedication.........

Oh well.    

What you fail to grasp is no one is saying Nate is the answer.  

We have a strong inclination that Taylor is done in Buffalo.  

I never wanted TT to fail.  

It is apparent that  he did not evolve enough for McDermott to  remain the starter. 

And if you insist I’m anti TT and a Natite    Let me end with this 

until further notice TT is the backup.  

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Serious questions:

1) do you believe Peterman is the future, or may be the future?

2) do you believe the bolded words above are true of any college QB drafted by the NFL?

10 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

1) Yes, he could be. Nobody knows.

2) Yes, Somewhat true - some qb's played at smaller schools.

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What you fail to grasp is no one is saying Nate is the answer. 

I could be wrong, I often am...but these two things can not both be true

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, I often am...but these two things can not both be true

I can only speak for myself 

i always want the new guys to succeed and I will not throw them away after 1 game. 

TT looked to be the answer in 15 (14 games) and then in 16 (14 or 15 games) we started to see a pattern 

said pattern continued into 17 

make him be a QB 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Say what? The most INTs Tyrod has thrown in a season is 6, and you think there's no proof he wouldn't have thrown 5 in the first half of a single game?

I never said Taylor would throw 5 picks. I said the result would be the same on the scoreboard. Buffalo would lose on points. Now if the team that throws the least amount of interceptions wins, then I would definitely play Taylor. Unfortunately for the Buffalo Bills, there is more to playing the QB position than a low interception rate. 

1 minute ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

I never said Taylor would throw 5 picks. I said the result would be the same on the scoreboard. Buffalo would lose on points. Now if the team that throws the least amount of interceptions wins, then I would definitely play Taylor. Unfortunately for the Buffalo Bills, there is more to playing the QB position than a low interception rate. 

No, you said he wouldn't have fared any better. But feel free to backtrack, I can understand after such a ridiculous claim. There is nearly 0 chance that the halftime score is 37-7 with Tyrod in that game.

The Chargers drives in the first half started at:
BUF 31 thanks to an INT (Missed FG)

LAC 25 thanks to a 2 run TD drive from Shady (FG)

BUF 46 thanks to an INT (TD)

BUF 15 thanks to an INT (TD)

LAC 24 because we finally got through 3 plays and punted (FG)

LAC 43 after another 3 & Out (TD)

LAC 46 thanks to another INT (FG)

Then also tack on the pick-6 for 7 more points. And it's worth pointing out, due to how short our drives were the Chargers had 7 possessions that half and we received the opening kick. 6 of our 8 possessions were 3 plays or less, and the 2 that were more than 3 plays both ended in INTs.

Did you notice, by the way, that every time the Chargers had to go more than 60 yards their drive stalled and they kicked a FG instead of scoring a TD? Do yourself a favor and quit while you're behind.

47 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Taylor Hate is such a strange phenomena. Over at Rumblings there's a epic hater named ForeignArrow who does his own All-22 review after every game, grading the quarterback play. He just did the Chargers game (Peterman alone) and graded NP's game as 1.64. I won't even attempt to describe what that number is supposed to mean, but suffice it to say it's over five times better a grade than the same person gave Taylor for the Jet's game. It's as if the red-hot heat of hate has totally fried their brains. 

Edited by grb

3 hours ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

1. You've never set foot in that locker room or any locker room as far as I know. "Lose the locker room" is a way over used cliche and when uttered by delusional fans is even worse.

2. Tyrod Taylor is not going to be the difference of whether this team makes the playoffs. In fact there is no proof Tyrod would have fared any different in the first half of the game on Sunday. In fact it was eerily similar to the first half at home versus the Saints.

3. I already think Peterman has more upside than Tyrod so I am not backtracking on that. I do think he will be better given the opportunity.

4. Tyrod was a sixth round pick so please stop comparing these players by draft status.

5. Tyrod is done in Buffalo regardless of your opinion and my opinion. It's time to move on especially for the emotional folks like yourself. 

TT would not have turned the ball over five times. He doesn't turn it over five times in a whole season.Way too hard with the agenda here. When players around the league comment on what a bad decision it way, pretty sure Bills players would feel the same way.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Hater talk again. 

McDermott benched Taylor 

not us here on TBD. 

I guess McDermott hates Tyrod 

It’s the only logical conclusion.   

McDermott doesn't like anything associated with Whaley. He doesn't hate TT. The crusaders from the fanbase, that's a different story.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Ohhh let me guess 

Agendas 

You have posted nothing in here, and those posters whom you support, to suggest otherwise.