Who starts next week: Taylor or Peterman?

SDS

Which QB starts in week 11?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Based on the press conference today if I had to bet, he will go back to Peterman. And our pets heads will fall off.

I thought it was pretty clear from his presser, that would be his preference.

Puzzling.

5 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

The decision has been made to move away from TT

Start Peterman

Why don't we just forfeit the rest of the season and heal up real well for next year?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

I suppose the only disagreement is that mathematically speaking, they still aren't out of the playoffs and at the time of the Jets game, they were 5-2, firmly in the first Wild Card spot and could have taken the AFC East Division lead

You are correct.   I've seen this picture before over and over and over.  

I will still play the game of What If.  but the large person has sung her song.  

BBFS 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought it was pretty clear from his presser, that would be his preference.

Puzzling.

McD seemed like he was really searching for some positives from Nate's performance.  He kept referring to that first drive, and the tight window pass to Kelvin.   He said Nate showed some good things.  I really don't see how he can come back to him though.  It was a historically bad performance in terms of NFL history., and accomplished in only a half.  You can't send him out there in KC or vs. NE.  i can see getting him in vs. Indy assuming we lose the next two.

1 hour ago, grb said:

Weird. Just when I think I have at least an understanding of the Hate some Bills' fans have for Taylor - strange a phenomena as it is - there's a new manifestation into whole other realms of bizarre........

IT IS NOT HATE

It's reality.  Taylor is not the answer.    The point that you obviously missed is   TT is supposed to be our best chance  

So when we lose because he can't pass the ball it is disappointing.    

Nate is a Rookie and we shouldn't expect miracles.  (Stop reading Savior Petermans drivel)

McDermott is going to do things his way and let the chips fall where they may

Ducasse is unbenchable somehow. Most of the defense has spent the past few games being bulldozed. 

I would not be shocked if the coach sees a shot to redeem his decision this week and doubles down.

Still I would bet on him naming Tyrod starter. But once you start playing musical QBs it's over for both anyway

47 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

What? Why the insult? The Bills have three winnable games: Indy, who is terrible, and two against Miami, who is also terrible. Will they beat KC or NE? Probably not, but crazy turnovers and injuries can happen. Bad weather can happen and affect a game. All of the Bills' erstwhile competitors for the #6 spot are bad too. The Ravens are not good. KC just lost to the Giants, who are terrible.

We just lost winnable games against the Jets and the Chargers, both very badly.  I think that fact makes it seem .....overly positive...to pencil in wins against Indy (which has contested its last two losses by 1 point and one FG, to the Stillers who aren't bad) and the Marine Mammals (I'd like to think we beat them handily but, the Jets...)

54 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Petermania is slowly taking over this fan base! 

The Peterman vote slowly creeps up all the time!

Was around 24%, then 25%, now @ 28% !!!

Anyone can have a rough game!   But haters are gonna hate! 

I recall a game where Jim Kelly had 4 interceptions.  

They (the hard core ones that is ) love Tyrod and will accept nothing else in return

I posted a link with up to 7 INT's in 1 game.  Big Ben had 5 or 6, Drew Brees also had 5.  The CoT don't care about the facts. 

Their guy got benched because he wasn't  good enough  and now they can dump on NP and "feel better" 

The numbers are creeping up because we've seen enough of TT.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We just lost winnable games against the Jets and the Chargers, both very badly.  I think that fact makes it seem .....overly positive...to pencil in wins against Indy (which has contested its last two losses by 1 point and one FG, to the Stillers who aren't bad) and the Marine Mammals (I'd like to think we beat them handily but, the Jets...)

They're all bad. It's not like the Bills didn't play the Panthers tough. Anyway, all of these teams have suffered some horrible blowouts this year (Indy: 46-9, 46-18, 27-0).  Miami has been destroyed a number of times and just lost a game to freaking Fitz. 

I'm not positive at all, btw; I just think some of these games are winnable because of turnovers, weather, etc.  It ain't over. 

KC just lost to the Giants, who are *terrible*. I think KC will beat Buffalo with relative ease, but anything can happen. 

Edited by dave mcbride

Let's face it, it doesn't matter who plays QB for the Bills on Sunday.   Does anybody really doubt that KC is going to take out all its frustration at its last four losses on the Bills?   Kareem Hunt will probably run for 200 yards himself in a decent Jay Ajayi impersonation.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

IT IS NOT HATE

It's reality.  Taylor is not the answer.    The point that you obviously missed is   TT is supposed to be our best chance  

Nate is a Rookie and we shouldn't expect miracles.  (Stop reading Savior Petermans drivel)

Uh huh.

When you'd rather see the Bills humiliated rather than watch Taylor play? 

When you want the lesser player to start? 

When Peterman can't "pass the ball", but who cares? 

When Peterman is "not the answer", but you're still warm & tingly to see him? 

When we lose because of Peterman, but that's OK? 

Exactly how am I to read that? Hate is the only theory which makes sense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They (the hard core ones that is ) love Tyrod and will accept nothing else in return

I posted a link with up to 7 INT's in 1 game.  Big Ben had 5 or 6, Drew Brees also had 5.  The CoT don't care about the facts. 

Their guy got benched because he wasn't  good enough  and now they can dump on NP and "feel better" 

....and don't forget the ex-Bill.....

Ryan Fitzpatrick had BY FAR the worst passing day of any starting quarterback this season.

by Louis Bien@louisbien Sep 25, 2016, 7:32pm EDT

Ryan Fitzpatrick had a bafflingly bad day against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. His final line — 20 for 44 passing for 188 yards and six (!) interceptions to zero touchdowns. His day was capped by this fourth-quarter interception returned for a score.

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Or they see him as the best QB on the roster, and starting anyone else as lowering our chances to win. Is it really surprising that fans want their team to win? 

3 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

Adam Shefter said on NFL live - he doesn't think McDermott is going to make any changes in QB. That would shock me. 

If he doesn't switch back to Taylor after that , the season is effectively a joke. Not over, but a complete joke and the Bills will supplant the Browns as the new NFL basement. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

If he doesn't switch back to Taylor after that , the season is effectively a joke. Not over, but a complete joke and the Bills will supplant the Browns as the new NFL basement. 

Agreed. He will have lost me. More importantly, I suspect he will have lost the team. I mean, you have to at least try to win given the circumstances, and trotting out an average QB gives you a better chance than trotting out the garbage that is Peterman. He will be destroyed by the Chiefs active pass rush and its corners. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

IT IS NOT HATE

It's one thing to not expect miracles.  It's another thing to not expect competence. 

Remember back in 2010, when Gailey slung Edwards out of town in favor of Fitzpatrick, who lost 6 straight games but at least made them contested and entertaining?

Fans yearned to try Brian Brohm.  He was drafted in the 2nd round by the Packers!  He had to be better than Fitz.  We must see what we have! said the fans.

Enter Brohm to the Jets game.  10-23 for 106, 3 INT, 3 sacks, rating 17.9.  6 first downs all game.  Levi Brown came in at the end and outplayed him.

That's the closest thing I've seen to Peterman yesterday.  Play that bad, does damage to the team, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's one thing to not expect miracles.  It's another thing to not expect competence. 

Remember back in 2010, when Gailey slung Edwards out of town in favor of Fitzpatrick, who lost 6 straight games but at least made them contested and entertaining?

Fans yearned to try Brian Brohm.  He was drafted in the 2nd round by the Packers!  He had to be better than Fitz.  We must see what we have! said the fans.

Enter Brohm to the Jets game.  10-23 for 106, 3 INT, 3 sacks, rating 17.9.  6 first downs all game.  Levi Brown came in at the end and outplayed him.

That's the closest thing I've seen to Peterman yesterday.  Play that bad, does damage to the team, IMO.

Good take. I absolutely agree.

• Like (+1) 1