Who starts next week: Taylor or Peterman?

SDS

Which QB starts in week 11?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted Tyrod, merely because the playoffs - while on life support - are still there in the background and I think McD caught of a sniff of them and wants them (as he should) and right now, it appears Tyrod does that best for them. 

Giving Peterman the starts the rest of the way helps them evaluate more fully what they do or don't have in him - and yes, Sunday was bad in an epic way - but given the record, I don't see it.

I say start Peterman. That game was actually one of the most entertaining games I've watched in a while. Entertaining for all the wrong reasons but still entertaining. Kind of like Donald Trump, I Hate Everything I see but still can't look away. I was actually laughing in disbelief. But of course I'm being sarcastic, Taylor should start.

14 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

They aren't going to just keep putting Tyrod on the bench and then ask him to come in to save Nates embarrassment. 

I don't think there is any chance Peterman starts again. 

I guess we will see the season is over they mind as well keep trotting the rookie out there and see if he can work threw it. 

Tyrod is still Tyrod, and from what he's shown over 3 season, will ALWAYS BE Tyrod.

I'm sticking with Peterman for the rest of the year. Either the kid shows some development and we dont have to trade away half our picks in a desperate move to get a QB, or he tanks and we end up moving higher up in the draft and get a better chance at a top QB.

The 2017 season is done, time to move onto the draft. Ride or Die with Peterman.

I thought a lot about it. I think some fans including myself got thinking maybe the grass is greener on the other side. To be honest the entire offence with Taylor at the wheel has had some stalled games this year and last. They also had some impressive and exciting games. It seemed like most games fell in the middle or slightly below an average. 

Not everyone needed the Nathan Peterman experiment. I did need it. I don't regret it. I would do it again the exact same way. At this point I would not try it again. Not because Nate threw 5 interceptions. I didn't see Nate flash himself as a player. Forget any negative and try to see a positive. I was not able to myself maybe others did. 

The experiment lead me to a conclusion. I like Tyrod Taylor. I like him a lot. The guy has been loyal, took a pay cut for my team and maybe not lived up to everyones standards but he was doing the best to win with the talent we have and the plays we run. I turned my back on Tyrod and I was very wrong.

Now I'm left with the hard truth. It's more then just a QB. Call it lack of talent or bad execution. Call it bad coaching or horrible management. I don't know what caused such a hard fall after the Jets game but something is seriously wrong. Thanks for the wins though I enjoyed them.

Well how I feel now you absolutely put Taylor back in. Not only that but you keep next year and build around Taylor and Shady with every draft pick you got. I understand if people disagree.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

On to KC with Tyrod at QB.

You were wrong bro. It's ok.??

Nice try BRO
blob.thumb.png.6c9ec021cbac9f8f7e12b6db2ce7c3e6.png

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

I voted Tyrod, merely because the playoffs - while on life support - are still there in the background and I think McD caught of a sniff of them and wants them (as he should) and right now, it appears Tyrod does that best for them. 

Giving Peterman the starts the rest of the way helps them evaluate more fully what they do or don't have in him - and yes, Sunday was bad in an epic way - but given the record, I don't see it.

the playoffs ended with the JETS game. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

i would also ask if Taylor starts, when should he get pulled? 

If he has no picks, but less than 5 first downs and 3 points and the Bills are down 20, time to yank him?

What is the criteria there?

sounds like a good time for me.  :D

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I didn’t wanna be right at. I sat there and waited with anticipation to watch and see if the rookie had it. 

But it it was an awful move. I said so before hand. I got burned for it on here. 

Then you and others come in here and try to spread out the blame when that was NEVER the case for Taylor. Be consistent dude. The only consistent thing is the double standards. 

yeah OK  sure,  I believe that.  

37 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

In hindsight, the season was D.O.A. after the Jets game.  Play Peterman - the kid has to get off the mat.  I think he will as it can only get better for him, right?

beat me to it

4 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I thought a lot about it. I think some fans including myself got thinking maybe the grass is greener on the other side. To be honest the entire offence with Taylor at the wheel has had some stalled games this year and last. They also had some impressive and exciting games. It seemed like most games fell in the middle or slightly below an average. 

Not everyone needed the Nathan Peterman experiment. I did need it. I don't regret it. I would do it again the exact same way. At this point I would not try it again. Not because Nate threw 5 interceptions. I didn't see Nate flash himself as a player. Forget any negative and try to see a positive. I was not able to myself maybe others did. 

The experiment lead me to a conclusion. I like Tyrod Taylor. I like him a lot. The guy has been loyal, took a pay cut for my team and maybe not lived up to everyones standards but he was doing the best to win with the talent we have and the plays we run. I turned my back on Tyrod and I was very wrong.

Now I'm left with the hard truth. It's more then just a QB. Call it lack of talent or bad execution. Call it bad coaching or horrible management. I don't know what caused such a hard fall after the Jets game but something is seriously wrong. Thanks for the wins though I enjoyed them.

Well how I feel now you absolutely put Taylor back in. Not only that but you keep next year and build around Taylor and Shady with every draft pick you got. I understand if people disagree.

Bit of a masochist, aren't you, if you'd do it again the exact same way?  Never mind, you aren't the first fan to succumb to BQS (Backup Quarterback Syndrome), thinking that better QBing is sitting on the bench.

QB who succeed as rookies typically have three characteristics:

1) They had that "it" factor in training camp and preseason.  they didn't just make occasional flashes, they impressed.  Think Russ Wilson. 

2) The OC game plans to make it easy for them.  He simplifies. 

3) They have a stout OL and a successful run game to lean on

Peterman was 0 for 3 on these things.  Yes he stunk up the joint, but he also didn't get help from his game plan, OL, or run game

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nice try BRO
blob.thumb.png.6c9ec021cbac9f8f7e12b6db2ce7c3e6.png

the playoffs ended with the JETS game. 

sounds like a good time for me.  :D

And I'm sure we all know this, effectively....but statistically, they're still "in the hunt", so based on semantics alone was more my statement. But, I can't disagree with your overall idea.