Nate Peterman's performance against the Chargers

SDS

Which QB starts in Week 11?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in Week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Well look who's getting sloppy now.  Tell me, how many games did Roethlisberger apprentice under those guys?

And the analogy isn't quite valid, because the Steelers are a model franchise of stability, which could get away with mediocre QB play.

Why aren't you throwing out the example of the Colts with and without Peyton?  

Bills are not a model franchise at this moment, and if anything, McDermott is trying to build that foundation that others tried, but never succeeded because they never hit on the QB and ran out of owners' patience.

The last guy who tried to do this kind of rebuild was Donahoe, and he'd still be here if he hit on the trade to get Ben.

Winning 9 games this year with Tyrod and clinching the last playoff spot is immaterial from a long term perspective, because there would still be a gaping hole at QB.  Bills can easily sign a Josh McCown or Brian Hoyer for one season while they wait for the rookie to ease into the league.  Hell, Fitz will be available again

Give it up GG........the Bills roster was decimated by the new regime this past offseason........it's not a good place to start a rookie pocket passer now.

Deshaun Watson in an offense catered to his skills?   Maybe......but that's not what they wanted.

But there is never a better time to DRAFT one than the present.  

18 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Inside source... Take it for what it's worth. Passed to me 3rd hand by someone I trust infinitly

Taylors benching was 100% Dennison.   This was per Taylor from a conversation bhe had with confidant in messages exchanged today at halftime.

I'd you don't believe me that is fine. But I believe my source. 

I believe in you Boyst62:thumbsup: 

17 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Inside source... Take it for what it's worth. Passed to me 3rd hand by someone I trust infinitly

Taylors benching was 100% Dennison.   This was per Taylor from a conversation bhe had with confidant in messages exchanged today at halftime.

I'd you don't believe me that is fine. But I believe my source. 

Can you blame Dennison after watching that full body vomit all over the field that was TTs play last week? Funny how suddenly getting benched gave him a little impetus to actually push the ball down the field, albeit in Garbage time

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/11/19/16677300/richard-sherman-goes-after-buffalo-bills-on-twitter-for-bench-tyrod-taylor-nathan-peterman

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

Can you blame Dennison after watching that full body vomit all over the field that was TTs play last week? Funny how suddenly getting benched gave him a little impetus to actually push the ball down the field, albeit in Garbage time

Yet he played well in the five wins.

So....

Wide receivers suck

defense sucks

offensive line sucks

taylor sucks

....and now Peterman sucks

this team is just so bad.  Why do I keep having any optimism at all. They are who they are, the Buffalo Sevenandnines

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Taylor wants to throw the ball deep but the horses aren't there.

Did you see the separation our high second round choice Zay Jones got on his nine route today..........against a random backup CB........NONE. 

They've mishandled the personnel.

Just now, JM2009 said:

McDermott’s move to start Peterman blew up in his face, and there’s no way he can defend it. The kid was clearly not ready for the moment, and after the third interception, McDermott should have pulled him. Instead, he stuck with him for two more picks and by then the game was unwinnable. When it was 24-7, you never know what could happen, though I think we probably do know the answer. On defense, coordinator Leslie Frazier has big problems, and he has now joined a long list of defensive coordinators who have no answers for this team. His defense is one of the worst in the NFL.
You
Your Vote
Avg
F
Sal
F

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Did you see the separation our high second round choice Zay Jones got on his nine route today..........against a random backup CB........NONE. 

Shouldn't have traded Watkins... the offense could work with Taylor if Watkins was here. Of course, Dennsion might have screwed that up too 

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Jones was never going to be a deep threat.

People should start realizing that only a dozen or so people on earth can play that position well consistently. And all Peterman ever showed since he was drafted, was an ability to make a quick decision and make a nice accurate short throw. That's it. People saw that one thing and somehow extrapolated that he can do the other 23 things that an NFL QB has to be able to do. He didn't handle the rush well in preseason. He just didn't. He threw one TD in four appearances. He didn't get the ball downfield. He made quick decisions and threw a nice accurate 10 yard pass. When that is all you do, defenses jump routes. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog

4 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Why not run an offense that suits the QB strengths? 

Dennsion is a limited offensive mind, not an innovator in any way. That's not an ideal choice for an OC , and spelled trouble from the time he was hired. Most NFL assistant coaches aren't . The team needed a McVay with Taylor more than a McDermott 

Edited by Boatdrinks

Just now, JM2009 said:

Why not run an offense that suits the QB strengths? 

I don’t think it was Dennison’s decision to trade Sammy or gut the roster.  This receiving Corp is capable of playing a short game.

Is asking your QB to throw with timing, Place balls in the field of play and anticipate routes too much for any OC to ask?

I don’t think it was Dennison’s decision to trade Sammy or gut the roster.  This receiving Corp is capable of playing a short game.

Is asking your QB to throw with timing, Place balls in the field of play and anticipate routes too much for any OC to ask?

That is a good point. I hate Dennisons lack of feel for when to call play action etc, but he did have an interesting  quote in PS before the SW trade. He said he believes in the Shanahan system and thinks you need 4-5 big p,aye in the passing game to win, so you need to try 8. Hard to do with no deep threat 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Give it up GG........the Bills roster was decimated by the new regime this past offseason........it's not a good place to start a rookie pocket passer now.

Deshaun Watson in an offense catered to his skills?   Maybe......but that's not what they wanted.

But there is never a better time to DRAFT one than the present.  

Don't you think that's part of the Process?

They had a free option on 2017 and it almost worked out for them.  It's also clear why Rico was their 3rd option for OC.  Who knows maybe McCoy is available again after this season.

I'd be a lot more upset if this roster is this poor next season

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Shouldn't have traded Watkins... the offense could work with Taylor if Watkins was here. Of course, Dennsion might have screwed that up too 

Yep.  One of a handful of players they simply couldn't afford to lose after the offseason they had.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Given that Dennison ruined Peyton Manning the answer might be yes when it comes to his offense.  Dennison hasn't done anything worth writing home about since 2012.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

With this Oline, I'm surprised TT has played as well as he has overall this season. You should appreciate the guy a bit more than the constant degrading. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Jones was never going to be a deep threat.

Exactly my point.

Nice player but wasn't congruent with a system that would accentuate the skills of the starting QB.

There is a reason that the Steelers hang on to all of their downfield WR's like they are gold even though they can't possibly use them all.........they know that Big Ben is not very good without a field stretcher and that being able to get deep also opens up the run game.

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

With this Oline, I'm surprised TT has played as well as he has overall this season. You should appreciate the guy a bit more than the constant degrading. 

Even when tyrod has time he does nothing. The line is bad, but it was proven today the line is the biggest problem. But both our QBs are career backups. 

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

I don’t believe, and haven’t since the end of 2015, that he is capable of leading a team to a Championship. Unless you give him the 85 Bears D or the Dilfer LED Ravens D.

I don’t see us getting that kind of once in a generation D here so I’m threw with him because it is SB as the only goal.

I don’t want to limp into the playoffs as a 6 seed and get embarrassed just to end the “ drought”. 

He’s a good guy. Maybe on the right team he works. He doesn’t work for me.

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Even when tyrod has time he does nothing. The line is bad, but it was proven today the line is the biggest problem. But both our QBs are career backups. 

Then TT is the best backup in the league and Peterman one of the worst nackups at this stage. not his fault.

People keep saying things like "both QB's were bad today" and "Tyrod was so bad in the Jets game".  Let's get one thing straight.  He was bad in the N0 game.  Not throw 5 picks in the first half bad.  He checked it down when Dennison wanted him to throw into double and triple coverage.

I don’t believe, and haven’t since the end of 2015, that he is capable of leading a team to a Championship. Unless you give him the 85 Bears D or the Dilfer LED Ravens D.

I don’t see us getting that kind of once in a generation D here so I’m threw with him because it is SB as the only goal.

I don’t want to limp into the playoffs as a 6 seed and get embarrassed just to end the “ drought”. 

He’s a good guy. Maybe on the right team he works. He doesn’t work for me.

You better open your eyes and realize this organization will probably never be in a championship again. A weak playoff spot is a SB right now from where we are.

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I"ve heard that and duly noted ...... but the guy sucks.  He was awful in Denver and he's awful here.  It's one of those cases where you can't even really evaluate the "talent" because he's so bad at creating anything with the plays.

I certainly have no love for him

In my opinion, 2 INTs go on Nate's record today, and no more.

The first should have been a completion; 2 others were lame duck passes as Peterman threw when he was hit.  I'm willing to ignore those.

The 2 others were the real interceptions; he had time, he looked; he threw, he made bad decisions and/or bad passes.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

In my opinion, 2 INTs go on Nate's record today, and no more.

The first should have been a completion; 2 others were lame duck passes as Peterman threw when he was hit.  I'm willing to ignore those.

The 2 others were the real interceptions; he had time, he looked; he threw, he made bad decisions and/or bad passes.

Great we'll tell the stat guys to adjust accordingly.