Dareus is killing it for the Jags

Klaista2k

53 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It wasn’t a move for “now.” For once we have a regime that knows what happens next season is at least as important as what happens this season. Suspension risk, gone. Lazy player, gone. Bloated contract, gone. Like I said we’ll get Lotulelei or Short next year and we will be more than happy.

Perfect, could have done that in the offseason.

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

Who cares.  He wasn't and would not give 100% effort because he didn't want to be here.  Don't need a slack like him on the team.  It was time to move on.

Now should we be worried that so many talents don’t seem to be able to fit?

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

When we sign one of the Carolina DTs in free agency we will quickly forget about Dareus.

Might not be able to get one of their DT's because we traded for Kelvin Benjamin giving them cap space.

55 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

people are generally (present company excluded) smart enough to know that one guy doesn't change a defense around like that. There's many factors as to why the Buffalo defense has been so bad. Dareus being out of the rotation is one of them. Glomming onto Dareus as the *only* reason is for the weak minded.

But true.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

It wasn’t a move for “now.” For once we have a regime that knows what happens next season is at least as important as what happens this season. Suspension risk, gone. Lazy player, gone. Bloated contract, gone. Like I said we’ll get Lotulelei or Short next year and we will be more than happy.

If at the end of the year we finish a game behind the jags, and the run defense continues to trend as it has for both teams... will you still be super amped up for free agency 2018?

Fat and lazy Marcel on his worst day is better than what we have on their best day. 

Sad to say but true....

i was a huge MD fan and he was my favourite player in the draft that year.  He is a great player when he wants to be. Didn't like the move but the contract gone is a silver lining. 

Edited by Bakin

McBeane and the bean counters think that they are a lot smarter than they actually are.  This may have the potential to go down as one of the Bills' worst trades.  Don't forget that Dareus was a client of Pegula's agency.  

If this trade ends up embarrassing Pegula and the franchise, McBeane will have some "splaining" to do . . . .

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1

This franchise and its stupid decisions are sickening and its not even funny.

Lets do the math, shall we?

With Dareus...........5-2

Without Dareus..........lose 3 straight, in pathetic and typical Bills fashion.

Shameful.........just shameful.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Dareus is a beast out there for the Jags.

Announcers talking about how the Jags run defense went from one of the worst in the league to one of the best since acquiring him.

What a great move is was trading him! 

Glad you are enjoying it Jag fan.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Glad you are enjoying it Jag fan.

I believe Bills fans may have a legitimate interest in checking up on how a guy is doing in comparison to the wonderful 6th round draft choice and dead money that we are left with.  

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

I believe Bills fans may have a legitimate interest in checking up on how a guy is doing in comparison to the wonderful 6th round draft choice and dead money that we are left with.  

Sure and the "fans" have right to be jumping cartwheels about it and I certainly have a legitimate interest in pointing it out.

Edited by Limeaid

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sure and the "fans" have right to be jumping cartwheels about it and I certainly have a legitimate interest in pointing it out.

Cartwheels or pointing out that the trade makes us look like idiots - especially the guys that act like they are smarter than everyone else in the room because they say the word "process" a lot thinking that, if they do, they suddenly will transform into Nick Saban.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s amazing what people will justify. As of right now, how can anyone view it as a good move? The Jags defense is good and the Bills stinks.

Why are you amazed by what Bills fans continue to justify from OBD after all these years of their putting crappy teams on the field?   Any excuse that OBD comes up with to shipping out a player who has supposedly "transgressed" (which lately apparently means making more than the league veteran minimum salary) gets instantly slurped up and regurgitated by the brainwashed legion.  Sometimes OBD doesn't have to come with excuses; they just get rid of the player and let the True Believers make up lies to blame the players ...  The True Believers will never hear a bad word about the Bills.  Every move they make is brilliant.  They still stubbornly cling to the myths that trading Jason Peters and Marshawn Lynch were good moves.  They're not going to admit that trading Dareus was probably at least as bad, especially if Dareus goes on to have success in Jacksonville.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Now should we be worried that so many talents don’t seem to be able to fit?

You noticed that, too?  Apparently talent is not part of the "skill set" that the Bills regime are seeking since they've managed to strip the Bills of so much of it in such a short time, and apparently without any regard to the consequences to the product they put on the field.  

The Bills -- I don't just include McDermott and Beane here because I think they are taking orders from higher up the corporate food chain by those focused only on the bottom line -- have displayed a really callous disdain for their fans and their fans' loyalty IMO.  I don't know how else to describe the personnel moves that they've made since just before the trade deadline.   There was a real chance that the Bills might have made the playoffs this year simply because of how bad the AFC is, but apparently saving a few million dollars on Dareus' salary was much more important than breaking the 17 year playoff drought.   That's how much the Bills -- not the Bills players -- care about winning football games because to the suits in OBD, it's all about maximizing profit.  Money ball.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

No need. His lousy performance said it all. 

You said you should do you at least wanted it to be heard.  Is there a Forum Championship Belt you are working towards or something?  

I mean you reply again with a post hours later  and last time you screened shot a closed thread.  Is this your life or something?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

You said you should do you at least wanted it to be heard.  Is there a Forum Championship Belt you are working towards or something?  

I mean you reply again with a post hours later  and last time you screened shot a closed thread.  Is this your life or something?

Don't get mad at me because you were so grossly wrong. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Don't get mad at me because you were so grossly wrong. 

I’m not mad at all.  I’m just really curious why someone over the age of 12 acts like this on a message board.  But I guess when something is so important...who am I to question it?

Sorry, like deeply sorry I was hoping for a positive out of this.  My bad.  Continue gloating on the internet.

I’m not mad at all.  I’m just really curious why someone over the age of 12 acts like this on a message board.  But I guess when something is so important...who am I to question it?

Sorry, like deeply sorry I was hoping for a positive out of this.  My bad.  Continue gloating on the internet.

Yeah Yeah. Lame defelction. 

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

is this an argument. Or abuse?
hard for me to tell

I really think you look forward to to Bills getting blasted so you can rub it in people’s faces.

You obviously don't know me or my posting history. I din't think Peterman was anywhere close to being NFL ready, so I didn't support the move. But continue to deflect.  Just say you were wrong and move on. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You obviously don't know me or my posting history. I din't think Peterman was anywhere close to being NFL ready, so I didn't support the move. But continue to deflect.  Just say you were wrong and move on. 

Yeah I was wrong about Peterman being ready.  Geezus, Is it really that important to you....I mean really?

We still need a QB because Tyrod isn’t the answer.

We need a lot of help both sides of the ball.

Yeah I was wrong about Peterman being ready.  Geezus, Is it really that important to you....I mean really?

We still need a QB because Tyrod isn’t the answer.

We need a lot of help both sides of the ball.

Agreed. They need to draft a QB with a high pick in 2018 and they have other obvious holes to fill. 

4 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I think the timing of the trade has people thinking MD is missed. In my opinion we would have had this collapse defensively with or without him.

Of all the trades we made I think trading a guy like Reggie Ragland hurt this run defense the most. 

It is amazing how quick they were to trade Ragland.  

5 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I think the timing of the trade has people thinking MD is missed. In my opinion we would have had this collapse defensively with or without him.

Of all the trades we made I think trading a guy like Reggie Ragland hurt this run defense the most. 

um

29 minutes ago, SoTier said:

You noticed that, too?  Apparently talent is not part of the "skill set" that the Bills regime are seeking since they've managed to strip the Bills of so much of it in such a short time, and apparently without any regard to the consequences to the product they put on the field.  

The Bills -- I don't just include McDermott and Beane here because I think they are taking orders from higher up the corporate food chain by those focused only on the bottom line -- have displayed a really callous disdain for their fans and their fans' loyalty IMO.  I don't know how else to describe the personnel moves that they've made since just before the trade deadline.   There was a real chance that the Bills might have made the playoffs this year simply because of how bad the AFC is, but apparently saving a few million dollars on Dareus' salary was much more important than breaking the 17 year playoff drought.   That's how much the Bills -- not the Bills players -- care about winning football games because to the suits in OBD, it's all about maximizing profit.  Money ball.

Just stop with this incessant crap.

Very depressing day obviously.  When Benjamin gets hurt so early could tell it was bad karma.  But the billionaire owner is not telling the front office to save money.  That is just inane.

1 minute ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Care to expand this glorious retort?

The guy who was playing well, who is helping turn around one of the league's worst Run D's had less to do with our collapse than a guy who never played a snap in the regular season for the Bills and is barely playing in KC. 

um. 

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

The guy who was playing well, who is helping turn around one of the league's worst Run D's had less to do with our collapse than a guy who never played a snap in the regular season for the Bills and is barely playing in KC. 

um. 

Um

Ever watched Ragland play? Yea, you are correct a 2 down run thumping linebacker isn't what this team needs. Humber and Alexander are so great at sniffing out the run.

MD was helping. I wouldn't say he was playing well especially by his standard. And no, it's not just sacks and tackles...I fully understand the concept of his position.

Just now, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Um

Ever watched Ragland play? Yea, you are correct a 2 down run thumping linebacker isn't what this team needs. Humber and Alexander are so great at sniffing out the run.

MD was helping. I wouldn't say he was playing well especially by his standard. And no, it's not just sacks and tackles...I fully understand the concept of his position.

I wanted Ragland at our first round spot when we drafted him. We also were a 3-4 defense at that juncture. 

He did not fit this scheme.