Bills to explore trade market for tyrod

The juice

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's March 16th... but it sounds like the Bills are considering keeping him, paying him the bonus, and continuing to explore trade options approaching draft time, likely in an effort to move up in the draft to get a QB.

Once the Bills pay him the $6million bonus, other teams are not liable for that money.

If they plan on cutting him....I dont know if this is a smart move

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Really? The Bills had their biggest offensive yardage production day ever this year? Which day was that?

'Cause I'd have thought the 488 against the 9ers in 1992 would've been at least one game higher than anything they did this year, or the 490 the same year against the Pats. Or the 537 the year before against the Steelers. Or the 582 that same year, 1991, against the Dolphins. 

Glad to find out we did even better this year, reaching "their biggest offensive yardage production day ever." Wow!!! Which game was that again, this year? And how many passing yards did Tyrod have to add to this massive outburst?

It's an old thread.........check my post date..........you responded to a post from November.

At which point last year was 2016...........and the Bills put up 589 yards in the home game versus the Dolphins on 12/24/16.

Yeah.........that's more than 488 or 582.:doh:

This post proves your commitment to being an idiot though.........you are all in.:thumbsup:

Talk about a waste of keystrokes.

And btw.........check out that last line "Taylor could be back in the lineup at any moment"...........and sure enough he was back for the !@#$ing second half of the Chargers game.:lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He says at the end “seems Buffalo will be able to do so.” Why would someone trade for a guy that will get released? It’s like Cousins. Call the team’s bluff and make them release these guys .

Probably because of the other side of this coin.  It's likely a simple "If/then" statement:

IF

the Bills are considering keeping him past the March 16th deadline, paying him the $6million bonus in an effort to trade him for something better

THEN

they are also considering keeping him on the team in 2018 if they don't get what they feel is fair compensation for him.

33 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

If they plan on cutting him....I dont know if this is a smart move

Well, that's the point I just addressed.

They wouldn't cut him if they kept him after March 16th.

If the Bills are considering keeping him, paying his bonus, and exploring trade options between March 16th and the draft.  They're also very likely considering keeping him for the remainder of his contract if they don't get what they feel is fair value for him.

33 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's March 16th... but it sounds like the Bills are considering keeping him, paying him the bonus, and continuing to explore trade options approaching draft time, likely in an effort to move up in the draft to get a QB.

Once the Bills pay him the $6million bonus, other teams are not liable for that money.

....you're correct bud with my apology.....woeful typo.......they have a two day window between start of FA on the 14th and the 16th bonus due day.....not sure if that has already been factored in around here by the capologists in cap savings calculations of $9.44 million.........

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Probably because of the other side of this coin.  It's likely a simple "If/then" statement:

IF

the Bills are considering keeping him past the March 16th deadline, paying him the $6million bonus in an effort to trade him for something better

THEN

they are also considering keeping him on the team in 2018 if they don't get what they feel is fair compensation for him.

Well, that's the point I just addressed.

They wouldn't cut him if they kept him after March 16th.

If the Bills are considering keeping him, paying his bonus, and exploring trade options between March 16th and the draft.  They're also very likely considering keeping him for the remainder of his contract if they don't get what they feel is fair value for him.

Maybe so, I just wouldn’t as a team. I would call bluffs. Tyrod is a pretty good contract and I’m not shocked that someone would send an asset. I just don’t think that the Bills are going to keep him. If I was a team that wanted him I’d wait them out.

55 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

It's amazing how similar Taylor hate is to the Flutie hate. Taylor still has a lot of football left, Flutie was at the end.  I have a feeling we will regret getting rid of Taylor. 

I totally forsee this unless the bills are very serious about upgrading the position......

The "anybody but tyrod" crowd just does not get it

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What team is that desperate to overpay for TT?  

Browns and who else?  

Why would they have to overpay? Taylor makes about what he should.

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

I totally forsee this unless the bills are very serious about upgrading the position......

The "anybody but tyrod" crowd just does not get it

The Bills could be serious and not upgrade. Finding a QB is hard, especially a consistent one.

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Why would they have to overpay? Taylor makes about what he should.

The Bills could be serious and not upgrade. Finding a QB is hard, especially a consistent one.

It was more like giving up a draft pick for TT if a trade were to happen.  

I really dont think the Bills will take on the additional $6 mil cap space people are talking about.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

It was more like giving up a draft pick for TT if a trade were to happen.  

I really dont think the Bills will take on the additional $6 mil cap space people are talking about.  

It may cost a team more money in free agency the way QB contracts are heading. Taylor is set to be 16th or 17th highest paid QB as of today, that will change .

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's an old thread.........check my post date..........you responded to a post from November.

At which point last year was 2016...........and the Bills put up 589 yards in the home game versus the Dolphins on 12/24/16.

Yeah.........that's more than 488 or 582.:doh:

This post proves your commitment to being an idiot though.........you are all in.:thumbsup:

Talk about a waste of keystrokes.

And btw.........check out that last line "Taylor could be back in the lineup at any moment"...........and sure enough he was back for the !@#$ing second half of the Chargers game.:lol:

Ah, someone necro-bumped an old thread. 

And you're boasting about production in the OT game where they played 47 seconds less than five full quarters? Gotcha. Well, your post wasn't as dumb as it initially appeared but still jousting at windmills, or in this case straw men. You said Tyrod was "considered a lock to be out of town with zero games left to make his case." Nonsense. I suppose some people were saying that, but in no way was it a lock.

Peterman was widely considered as being given his chance, but nobody knew for sure what would happen or if Tyrod would be back. "Like it or not he could be back in the lineup at any moment," you said? Yeah, the possibility surely existed. Hell, on this thread from before Peterman's meltdown, in the three posts in November that commented on whether Tyrod would see more time in 2017, one guy said "highly doubtful" and two said yeah it was possible.

What really was considered as being huge about the substitution is that it seemed to show McD's opinion about Tyrod and make it very likely he wouldn't be back the next year. Which is still true.

Rapoport's tweet makes more sense from November than now, but wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills floating the same kind of smoke/trial balloon again soon. "Get him while you can before we have to pay the bonus, because we might keep him. Anybody? Anybody?"

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Ah, someone necro-bumped an old thread. 

And you're boasting about production in the OT game where they played 47 seconds less than five full quarters? Gotcha. Well, your post wasn't as dumb as it initially appeared but still jousting at windmills, or in this case straw men. You said Tyrod was "considered a lock to be out of town with zero games left to make his case." Nonsense. I suppose some people were saying that, but in no way was it a lock.

Peterman was widely considered as being given his chance, but nobody knew for sure what would happen or if Tyrod would be back. "Like it or not he could be back in the lineup at any moment," you said? Yeah, the possibility surely existed. Hell, on this thread from before Peterman's meltdown, in the three posts in November that commented on whether Tyrod would see more time in 2017, one guy said "highly doubtful" and two said yeah it was possible.

What really was considered as being huge about the substitution is that it seemed to show McD's opinion about Tyrod and make it very likely he wouldn't be back the next year. Which is still true.

Rapoport's tweet makes more sense from November than now, but wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills floating the same kind of smoke/trial balloon again soon. "Get him while you can before we have to pay the bonus, because we might keep him. Anybody? Anybody?"

You seriously couldn't figure out what game he was talking about? :doh:

If you actually thought his post before was dumb, it's (sorry to be so blunt here) because you lacked common sense.

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe so, I just wouldn’t as a team. I would call bluffs. Tyrod is a pretty good contract and I’m not shocked that someone would send an asset. I just don’t think that the Bills are going to keep him. If I was a team that wanted him I’d wait them out.

Flip side is for a low pick you avoid a signing bonus, and multi year commitments— unless he ends up much cheaper as a free agent. I think that’s the true calculation at play, not the draft pick 

• Like (+1) 1

With all of the quarterbacks on the market, no one will trade for this guy. It just doesn't make any sense. As a free agent, he would not make anything near the 18 million he is scheduled to make. I could see him going somewhere as a backup insurance policy type. Maybe to Miami to compete with Tannehill, or San Diego to backup Rivers and reunite with Anthony Lynn.  

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

With all of the quarterbacks on the market, no one will trade for this guy. It just doesn't make any sense. As a free agent, he would not make anything near the 18 million he is scheduled to make. I could see him going somewhere as a backup insurance policy type. Maybe to Miami to compete with Tannehill, or San Diego to backup Rivers and reunite with Anthony Lynn.  

I am one of Tyrod's most outspoken detractors (accuracy, inability to make reads / audibles on Defenses, can't anticipate a guy open / throw him open, etc.), but if Mike Glennon got $15 million for his resume and to be a back-up, Tyrod's 18 million is basically right on par. Because he adds a dimension Glennon does not, doesn't turn the ball over, and throws a better deep ball - all the other things are still true of Tyrod which is why I don't want him starting for the Bills and because of his history with them I don't want him on the team at all, to avoid controversy and the darn Tyrod debate that has raged for 3 years, but if I were say, the Cards or Browns who both will probably Draft a QB, he would be well worth the money and trade capital for that team since it won't take a 3rd and probably just a 4th to get it done. 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

A ticky tack point— but part of that 18 is signing bonus which wouldn’t go with him. I doubt it changes your take, but I think he’s in the territory where a few million might sway someone’s evaluation 

• Like (+1) 1