Should Al Franken resign

/dev/null

Should Al Franken resign  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Al Franken resign

I'll repeat myself  - If Franken should resign so should Donald.   Billy Bush got fired because of Donald and his "I can kiss anyone and grab their snatch" 

Would you want some man grabbing your daughter because he felt he was entitled?  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/20/2017 at 3:38 AM, OJABBA said:

Geezus, was someone here really unable to figure that out like, immediately? What kind of idiots are reading this board?

This is a very astute and erudite observation.

21 hours ago, B-Man said:

DPKBh9eXkAA-BUG.jpg

That is utter horsecrap, as anyone around Franken knows this is a patent lie

55 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'll repeat myself  - If Franken should resign so should Donald.   Billy Bush got fired because of Donald and his "I can kiss anyone and grab their snatch" 

Would you want some man grabbing your daughter because he felt he was entitled?  

It depends. What was she wearing?

8 minutes ago, GG said:

This is a very astute and erudite observation.

That is utter horsecrap, as anyone around Franken knows this is a patent lie

My biggest observation is they didn't boldly attach their name prominently to the memo. 

A person of their ilk is desperate for attention and plastering their name on something.

My bet is that they either didn't get much support or want to keep distance in case of blowback. 

11 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

How is anything Trump did remotely similar to what Franken did?

One guy gropes a girl while she's unconscious, the other brags about being so money that he doesn't even have to try. They're not exactly comparable. 

There are plenty of stories out there of Trump taking liberties with his short fingers.

1 minute ago, GG said:

There are plenty of stories out there of Trump taking liberties with his short fingers.

Those are unproven allegations,with Franken there's no question.

That said, I don't care if Franken steps down or not. What he did was wrong, but it's not the most egregious case. I just don't like the false equivalence. 

52 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

How is anything Trump did remotely similar to what Franken did?

One guy gropes a girl while she's unconscious, the other brags about being so money that he doesn't even have to try. They're not exactly comparable. 

It's the insanity of loony lefties.

Anything their friends do is perfect and you can't judge them.

Laugh at them and sometimes with them, but NEVER take them seriously.

Some kooks blame Brady 100% for this critical incompletion, same effect...

Edited by row_33

8 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Those are unproven allegations,with Franken there's no question.

That said, I don't care if Franken steps down or not. What he did was wrong, but it's not the most egregious case. I just don't like the false equivalence. 

Excuse me?  What's proven about Franken's situation?  A picture of his hands superimposed on a flack jacket?

Vile behavior by the left does not absolve vile behavior by the Cheetoh golem. 

54 minutes ago, GG said:

Excuse me?  What's proven about Franken's situation?  A picture of his hands superimposed on a flack jacket?

Pictures of vile behavior are more evidentiary than accusations, however.

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

But they'll still reelect him.

Al's the funnyman who grabs women's breast and behinds in pictures.  What a genius he is.

So Biden is now finished with his super-creepy touchy-feeliness on little girls and every woman he talks to?  I don't believe he has done anything wrong, but the Dems are setting themselves up for an impossible task of finding someone.

Ah, the pendulum will swing back to them by inertia and boredom no matter who is running.

3 hours ago, GG said:

Franken admitted it.

I tend to look at the strength of the evidence rather than my opinion of the accused.

7 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Franken admitted it.

I tend to look at the strength of the evidence rather than my opinion of the accused.

That's your defense?  Franken apologized, but Trump hasn't?

When you can point to one instance where Trump has apologized or expressed true regret, then you would have a point.

I wish Trump supporters used consistent rules that were applied during the Obama years.

Just because he wears an R on his sleeve doesn't make him a less reprehensible person.

14 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Franken has to be given some slack.  He's a comedian doing funny stuff which isn't always funny but that's the line comedian's walk.  He's just guilty of some poorly executed jokes. 

HIm standing there claiming the holy high ground is going to be so much fun.

Hopefully everyone who he meets gives him some kind of mocking obscene gesture.

21 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Franken has to be given some slack.  He's a comedian doing funny stuff which isn't always funny but that's the line comedian's walk.  He's just guilty of some poorly executed jokes. 

As a comedian....absolutely.   As preachy, douchebag, hypocrite in the Senate....not so much.

1 hour ago, GG said:

That's your defense?  Franken apologized, but Trump hasn't?

When you can point to one instance where Trump has apologized or expressed true regret, then you would have a point.

I wish Trump supporters used consistent rules that were applied during the Obama years.

Just because he wears an R on his sleeve doesn't make him a less reprehensible person.

Do you have evidence of those allegations or of me presuming a liberal guilty based on unsubstantiated allegations?

17 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Do you have evidence of those allegations or of me presuming a liberal guilty based on unsubstantiated allegations?

Let's just put it this way, there's nothing sticking to Trump because of a MAD clause with the Clintons.  Once the left jettisons that clan, you'll probably hear more noise.

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

GG is really Tib's mult

ignore both unless you have an hour to waste each day

Never underestimate the Canadian brainpower, eh sparky?

6 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Franken admitted it.

I think the only thing Franken admitted to the validity of that photo that he said was a joke he now finds tasteless.  He says that he doesn't remember the forced kissing accusation with the first accuser or grabbing the second accuser's rear in a photo at the Minnesota State Fair.  I guess two more women have come forward today.

Did you go through all of Trump's 16 accusers individually and determine that all of the accusers were lying?  

I think they're both perverts, but I can't prove it in either case.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I think the only thing Franken admitted to the validity of that photo that he said was a joke he now finds tasteless.  He says that he doesn't remember the forced kissing accusation with the first accuser or grabbing the second accuser's rear in a photo at the Minnesota State Fair.  I guess two more women have come forward today.

Did you go through all of Trump's 16 accusers individually and determine that all of the accusers were lying?  

I think they're both perverts, but I can't prove it in either case.

Well...there IS a photo of Franken being a pervert.  I think that counts as proof.

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Well...there IS a photo of Franken being a pervert.  I think that counts as proof.

Then Trump's Access Hollywood audio tape would count as proof too imo.  Trump said the tape was locker room talk and Franken said the photo was a tasteless joke.  Both are easy to spin.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Then Trump's Access Hollywood audio tape would count as proof too imo.  Trump said the tape was locker room talk and Franken said the photo was a tasteless joke.  Both are easy to spin.

If a picture paints 1000 words then Trump * 200 = Franken

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Terrible comparison.  Franken took pictures with his hands on the girl.  Trump was obviously not speaking about a specific instance or he would have said "I grabbed her right in the kitty".  His comment was the equivalent of some guy in a passing car yelling "!@#$ her right in the kitty!"

Were his statements incredibly tasteless?  Yup.  Is Trump a total dirtbag with women?  Almost certainly.  But that instance was the standard media mischaracterization of anything Trump said during the campaign (a la 'all Mexicans are rapists')

any man with a brain and no pointless axe to grind sees what Trump's situation was,  nobody would want their lockerroom chat to be taped and released.

totally harmless and America reacted maturely and elected him

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Who'd Trump molest in that tape?

Just now, row_33 said:

any man with a brain and no pointless axe to grind sees what Trump's situation was,  nobody would want their lockerroom chat to be taped and released.

totally harmless and America reacted maturely and elected him

I've heard literally every close male friend I've had since I was 13 say something more crude than anything Trump said on that tape.

Any guy who says he was 'shocked' by what Trump said is an outright liar.

Any women who says that is either a liar or incredibly naive about the mind of a man.

46 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The Left, obviously.

51 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I've heard literally every close male friend I've had since I was 13 say something more crude than anything Trump said on that tape.

Any guy who says he was 'shocked' by what Trump said is an outright liar.

Any women who says that is either a liar or incredibly naive about the mind of a man.

Exactly

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Nobody but it didn't help Billy Bush.  I don't know how the relationship was between Franken and the first accuser and maybe he really thought the photo would be funny to both him and the first accuser.  I doubt it, but I don't know.  Both the photo and tape lend me to believe both are guilty of at least some of the charges against them.  I can't prove either, but I'm not going to give Trump a pass because the Clinton's and the media are corrupt scumbags. 

When someone tells me that a 3rd party has talked trash about me, I choose to feel the worst about the rat who is telling me this info.

Billy Bush found out that man's witty little schemes for glory don't always turn out the way one wants to...  heh....

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Nobody but it didn't help Billy Bush.  I don't know how the relationship was between Franken and the first accuser and maybe he really thought the photo would be funny to both him and the first accuser.  I doubt it, but I don't know.  Both the photo and tape lend me to believe both are guilty of at least some of the charges against them.  I can't prove either, but I'm not going to give Trump a pass because the Clinton's and the media are corrupt scumbags. 

WAAHHH!

Dude, this isn't going to bring down Trump. He won't resign over this. Give it up. You aren't going to convince anyone to change their mind about this.

Move on to the next outrage.

3 hours ago, OJABBA said:

WAAHHH!

Dude, this isn't going to bring down Trump. He won't resign over this. Give it up. You aren't going to convince anyone to change their mind about this.

Move on to the next outrage.

No kidding.  He was elected despite it and I don't want him to resign (he's done nothing wrong) as Congress would pry get more done with Pence in office.  I just find it odd people on here are so quick to dismiss the charges against Trump and embrace the charges against Franken.  

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

No kidding.  He was elected despite it and I don't want him to resign (he's done nothing wrong) as Congress would pry get more done with Pence in office.  I just find it odd people on here are so quick to dismiss the charges against Trump and embrace the charges against Franken.  

Because Trump has gotten tons of tail, and Franken is ugly. 

Trump's clip sounds like a guy playfully (if tastelessly) exaggerating how easy it is for a famous, incredibly wealthy, good looking guy to pick up women. He has a long history of being with beautiful women, and his actions come across as an arrogant douchebag boasting (which he obviously is). Trump's personality doesn't strike me as the type that forces himself on women against their will, but rather as someone who would revel in dismissing a woman that had spurned his advance. He would probably just "grab" the women's best friend instead, as a petty revenge. 

Trump has needed to reject women and advances from them, for most of his life.

Like, there are too many for him to deal with.

Like, he's had to sift through the abundance of his surroundings, evading gold diggers, plotters, and opportunists as best he can, to decide which of the beautiful women availing themselves to him, are worth the time (and risk) to have sex with.

Franken on the other hand...his actions are familiar to anyone that knows not so attractive, sexually awkward males that might get creepy when they attain a position with a little power. According to the woman, she pointedly rejected Franken's advances and he persisted, then later took the "pretending to grope a sleeping woman" photo. Franken comes across as a weak, desperate nerd (which he probably is).

Franken...well, I doubt he's had to reject many beautiful women's advances.

And if you are honest with yourself, and stop the hand-wringing over Trump, and stop trying to dream up reasons and excuses why Trump shouldn't be president, you will admit that you understand the differences between the two men, the very different situations, and the sexual marketplace dynamics at play.

And no, I don't think Franken should resign.

Donald Trump

Donald-Trump-Women.jpg

Al Franken

c640x360_68.jpg

Edited by OJABBA