Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Basically.

Another rebuild(again, that wasn't necessary)which can go either way.... Except they are going about it in an odd way. Lots of veteran washed up players on this team, and they just extended one who is below average to average in Eric Wood. A lot of strange(and bad) personnel decisions to start their tenure. Really hoping Pegula didn't swing and miss again. 

I agree with you. I've been railing against these moves since the summer. I hate it that they kept the old guys and got rid of the young ones, got rid of the fast guys and replaced them with slow ones. Every time Mike Tolbert touches the ball my heart sinks.

My wife thinks I should just pick a different team to follow, if being a Bills fan is going to drive me nuts. She doesn't understand what it is to follow a team since 1964. So I just have to put up with another regime insisting making things harder than they needed to be (in my opinion, of course) and hope they prove me wrong. 

This is the same way I felt when they hired Rex and forced Schwartz out as DC and installed Rex's idiotic defense, breaking what didn't need fixing and putting the team back another two years. That wasn't necessary either. So here we go again. I just hope these guys are better than Rex and crew. 

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

If he isn't, they are throwing away a golden chance at the playoffs.

True, but for me, imho, Taylor wasn't getting them there.

Its just one opinion though (mine), but that's what I like about this forum, everyone has their own opinion and I respect that. I've said it in the past, if everyone was the same in this world, life would be downright boring... lol

Go Bills!!

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is the most logical analysis of the move that I have seen. It makes sense. It's a calculated risk, but the team was not going anywhere despite the 5-4 record; waiting until they were 5-7 would not have been a better option. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

We were talking about 8-8.

Teams have gotten in with losing records.....this is possible....the acf is so pitiful it is possible....look at our competion in the afc and see who they are playing......i think the only team who has a weak schedule is the ravens and they have been stinking it up so far.....if we can sweep miami (who are awful) than we have a good chance in getting in....but it all starts with a W this weekend

Edited by JPP

2 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

This is the most logical analysis of the move that I have seen. It makes sense. It's a calculated risk, but the team was not going anywhere despite the 5-4 record; waiting until they were 5-7 would not have been a better option. 

SMH This is the best chance for a WC in years in a bad AFC.

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Basically.

Another rebuild(again, that wasn't necessary)which can go either way.... Except they are going about it in an odd way. Lots of veteran washed up players on this team, and they just extended one who is below average to average in Eric Wood. A lot of strange(and bad) personnel decisions to start their tenure. Really hoping Pegula didn't swing and miss again. 

Extending Wood was bad.  So was releasing Dareus because of the precipitous drop in the defense's performance afterwards, but I at least understand the reasons behind it.  The other moves were fine.  Going to Peterman is a ballsy and good move and might just save their season. 

2 minutes ago, JPP said:

Teams have gotten in with losing records.....this is possible....the acf is so pitiful it is possible....look at our competion in the afc and see who they are playing......i think the only team who has a weak schedule is the ravens and they have been stinking it up so far.....

Oh my goodness.  Two teams in NFL history have made the postseason with losing records in a 16 game season.  Two.  Ever.  Both teams won their divisions.  

In the last 17 years, zero AFC teams have made the playoffs with 8-8 in the WC spot.

1 minute ago, major said:

As others have said, bringing in "your guys" instead of playing the "best guys" is a recipe for disaster

Who says/knows they aren't playing the best guys?

Edited by Doc

6 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

I just watched NP's presser and I was impressed. He just doesn't come off to me as a rookie and it got me to thinking.

The majority of the discussion (nationally and locally) has been about Tyrod. He is a polarizing player and statistically the decision to bench him doesn't make sense if looked at in a vacuum. Many in the national media are shouting that the Bills have no idea what they are doing. I think this decision has less to do with Tyrod and more to do with Peterman.

If you go back and watch the preseason games, NP outplayed TT. I know he was playing against 3rd and 4th's but he came in early in the Ravens game and played very well. The guy has an MBA from Pitt, played in a pro-style offense in college and the only real knock on him coming out was that he had a weak arm. McD and his crew have been able to evaluate him for over 3 months and even though they have an average (statistically) starter they are making this move.

McD himself called this a calculated risk. You do not take a risk like this unless you have seen the potential reward. McD believes that this kid is our best QB and I can not wait to see how it unfolds.

Yes, I was listening to Sirius's NFL Channel earlier and this one guy was throwing out stats like QB rating, TD to INT ratio, etc. and saying statistically he was the best QB they ever had.  He also said Tyrod was having his best season. He and his partner (Kirwan?) discussed that it appears the Bills are tanking by benching him for a 5th round nobody, especially when you add this to the Watkins & Dareus trades.

All you guys railing about losing a QB that goes invisible for 3/4 of a game and then perhaps he throws two meaningless TD's in the 4th quarter. The guy kept his job because he looked like the best option they had and that no longer applies.

The team is 5-4 because they had a ton of turnovers in the first few games and beat some bad teams. The only good team they beat was the Falcons after they lost both starting WR's in the second half along with 3 turnovers.  A 33.6 passer rating with an added 6'5'' WR in Kelvin Benjamin who he repeatedly missed throwing passes.

This last game with the underthrows, overthrows and errant throws. The NFL is a performance-based business and when you perform as bad as he did on Sunday he should be benched.  

How can you not be excited to see what this guy can do? It’s a complete unknown. We watched the same Tyrod game almost 40 straight times...Nice to not know what we will be seeing and who knows, maybe even have an NFL passing offense for a change?  The possibilities are endless. It’s like opening day all over again but we just got handed a 1 game lead on 7th just to be nice.