Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

17 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Yes, I was listening to Sirius's NFL Channel earlier and this one guy was throwing out stats like QB rating, TD to INT ratio, etc. and saying statistically he was the best QB they ever had.  He also said Tyrod was having his best season. He and his partner (Kirwan?) discussed that it appears the Bills are tanking by benching him for a 5th round nobody, especially when you add this to the Watkins & Dareus trades.

If the national media doesn't like the move, I love it even more than I already did.

The national football media is almost always wrong about Buffalo, I think mostly b/c they just don't pay attention.

People saying Peterman will get killed behind this line, I expect he will be under heavy pressure and will take some sacks; however he does appear to be a lot quicker making decisions and getting rid of the ball. Hoping they come up with a good game plan to keep them guessing and slow the rush. Looking forward to Sunday. 

51 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I agree with you. I've been railing against these moves since the summer. I hate it that they kept the old guys and got rid of the young ones, got rid of the fast guys and replaced them with slow ones. Every time Mike Tolbert touches the ball my heart sinks.

My wife thinks I should just pick a different team to follow, if being a Bills fan is going to drive me nuts. She doesn't understand what it is to follow a team since 1964. So I just have to put up with another regime insisting making things harder than they needed to be (in my opinion, of course) and hope they prove me wrong. 

This is the same way I felt when they hired Rex and forced Schwartz out as DC and installed Rex's idiotic defense, breaking what didn't need fixing and putting the team back another two years. That wasn't necessary either. So here we go again. I just hope these guys are better than Rex and crew. 

The young guys cost a lot of money. There was a stink to the culture and the locker room that needed a change. You can't pay the young guys who haven't won amid the stink all that money and hope for a different result. So they decided to remove those young guys and receive high draft picks and at the same time keep high quality veterans to help remove the stink. They also signed and drafted some high character young guys to build on. Hyde, Poyer, White, Jones, Matthews, Gaines, Benjamin, Milano and of course Peterman. Should be a great group to root for for the next 5 years. Much better than what they let go IMO.

Oh and by the way, they are 5-4. Enjoy the game Sunday. Could be 6-4 Monday. And you don't have to watch the stink of TT either.

40 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Oh my goodness.  Two teams in NFL history have made the postseason with losing records in a 16 game season.  Two.  Ever.  Both teams won their divisions.  

In the last 17 years, zero AFC teams have made the playoffs with 8-8 in the WC spot.

wow learn how to read....i said teams made it in the playoffs with a losing record genius i didnt say afc teams.....god.....the most recent was the panthers......what I AM SAYING is the state of the afc it is possible for teams to get in with a losing record...not likely but possible,,,,,,it was possible in the nfc 3 years ago and it happened because the afc than was good and the nfc was not so good.......see......

3 minutes ago, JPP said:

wow learn how to read....i said teams made it in the playoffs with a losing record genius i didnt say afc teams.....god.....the most recent was the panthers......what I AM SAYING is the state of the afc it is possible for teams to get in with a losing record...not likely but possible,,,,,,it was possible in the nfc 3 years ago and it happened because the afc than was good and the nfc was not so good.......see......

Not in the wildcard.

Do you know how the playoffs work?

Don't vacillate!

Eric D. Williams ESPN Staff Writer 

In a conference call with Los Angeles-area reporters, asked if Nathan Peterman will be the starter for the rest of the season Bills head coach Sean McDermott said he'll take it one day at a time at this point.

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Rookie QBs tend to always struggle, that's not to say that Peterman will suck but I highly doubt he is as good as Tyrod his 1st year. Just a humble assumption on my end.

Chargers are a tough match up for us, and not the best team to face for a rookie QB with this offense. they can stop both run and pass now - their whole team has been coming together. would've been better against Bucs Jets Colts. but this stretch of games is crappy and tough. That's why McD said there's no perfect time. So yeah be prepared to see a rough outing on Sunday. If he managed to hang in there kudos to him.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Don't vacillate!

Eric D. Williams ESPN Staff Writer 

In a conference call with Los Angeles-area reporters, asked if Nathan Peterman will be the starter for the rest of the season Bills head coach Sean McDermott said he'll take it one day at a time at this point.

He didn't guarantee Peterman the rest of the season in his Buffalo news conf. and this confirms it. so Tyrod may be back sooner rather than later - maybe even in LA if Peterman just looks lost in the first half. But if Peterman balls out, Tyrod lost his job. And that's his fault for not realizing that he can't be conservative when you're down 30 points.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

If the national media doesn't like the move, I love it even more than I already did.

The national football media is almost always wrong about Buffalo, I think mostly b/c they just don't pay attention.

Are they? Because whenever we have a start like this they call us pretenders instead of contenders, never pick us for a play off spot and are just generally skeptical. They've been right for awhile now. People like you are the ones that have been wrong more often than not.

2 hours ago, KingRex said:

The move strikes me as pretty desperate.  Was this a planned part of "the process"?

It may work.

I hope it does.

I just doubt it.

This process thing is a joke.

Trade down/let starters walk/ trade away talent for future's.... start 5-2 make a trade for a wr to win now. Lose 2 games bench the starter for a 5th round pick.

People acted like these guys had a plan and a direction. McDermott even had the nerve to say vision today. They have none of that. This team has no identity or plan. 

The main thing that concerns me is the OL . Can they keep Peterman from being sacked and get a running game going.

These last two games were scary bad to say the least.

NFL COMPARISON Derek Carr

BOTTOM LINE Peterman's experience in a pro-style passing attack gives him a head start headed into the league. His physical attributes are just average, but his accuracy, composure and anticipation are what sets him apart from some of the more physically gifted quarterbacks in this year's draft.

Peterman's tape is sure to catch the eye of at least a few teams in need of a quarterback and he should come off the board by day two with a chance to become a solid starting quarterback in the future.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nathan-peterman?id=2558191

Edited by ALF
link

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Are they? Because whenever we have a start like this they call us pretenders instead of contenders, never pick us for a play off spot and are just generally skeptical. They've been right for awhile now. People like you are the ones that have been wrong more often than not.

This process thing is a joke.

Trade down/let starters walk/ trade away talent for future's.... start 5-2 make a trade for a wr to win now. Lose 2 games bench the starter for a 5th round pick.

People acted like these guys had a plan and a direction. McDermott even had the nerve to say vision today. They have none of that. This team has no identity or plan. 

Interesting that you only think the trade for Benjamin was only a win now move. Also interesting that you believe they don't have a plan and direction when every move made has been quickly, concisely and without fear to follow a plan. Making moves that quite frankly no regime has ever made so quickly to completely turn over a roster in 2 to 3 months in the history of the NFL. 

I'm not sure if you have been paying attention the last 6 months. You can disagree with the plan and the direction, but to say there is none is outright ignorant. 

I haven't read all the previous 47 pages of posts ..but do we really think we were a Super Bowl team this year?

If not why not play Nate ... the positives

• See what we have in Nate ... makes our QB decision in 2018 draft a lot easier
  • We lose maybe (maybe not) 2-3 more games and improve 2018 draft position
  • We actually throw a pass with anticipation
  • We actually throw balls to the WRs
  • We actually go to a 2nd / 3rd progression vs. trying to run
  • we throw for more than 60 yards in 3+ quarters

The negatives

• Lose the locker room .. who knows?
  • We lose more games (see bullet 2 above) .. to quote the Philadelphia 76'ers .. TRUST THE PROCESS ... improve the draft position
  • We don't make the playoffs ... REALLY ... I'm not satisfied with one and done in week 18 .. if that were to occur ... please look at the AFC leaders and then look at our last two games vs. the Jets and Saints ... not throwing in the towel .. but we have a lot of issues .. though that said . .many of us wouldn't believe 5 wins at this stage of the season given all the early season trades

I'm rooting for Nate ... let's see what happens

Stating the obvious: the coach and GM now get to evaluate their rookie QB to see what they have in him in advance of their first full offseason.

Stating the less-than-obvious: the owners are now being given a ton more data to evaluate their coach and GM, who have made several "calculated risks" this season and continue to assure the fanbase and players (and, I firmly believe, ownership) that this team has what it takes to be in the playoffs.  The timing of this switch, the reasons for it, and most importantly, how it plays out, will tell the Pegulas a TON about the two men they hired to steer their franchise.  It will also inform them about the offensive coordinator, who will now have had two quarterbacks (a rookie and a vet) exposed to his "system."  

Given the fact that this team wasn't going to win the Super Bowl this season no matter what, McBeane just did the Pegulas a huge favor.  Lots of important information being given to the folks in charge.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

9 hours ago, JM2009 said:

If he isn't, they are throwing away a golden chance at the playoffs.

The issue I have with that is, Tyrod and the Offense have not really contributed at (except for Oakland and first Jets game) to the Bills getting closer to the playoffs, with a really tough schedule ahead for the next several weeks, why would we think he can somehow flip a switch and get it done? 

So maybe Peterman sparks something and the Offense starts clicking, the Defense gets more rest and is energized and the team starts to win and playoffs are a reality. Or, maybe he is a Rookie and has highs and lows and they miss the playoffs or he's downright terrible....but knowing ahead of the 2018 Off-season at his point only helps the team.

8 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Not in the wildcard.

Do you know how the playoffs work?

You really are a special kinda stupid.....they made the playoffs with a losing record.....this was my point....a team with a losing record can and has made the playoffs in the past....how hard is it?  here look below just for you:

The Panthers captured their second straight NFC South division title and qualified for the postseason for the first time in back-to-back years despite a losing record of 7–8–1.

8 hours ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

The young guys cost a lot of money. There was a stink to the culture and the locker room that needed a change. You can't pay the young guys who haven't won amid the stink all that money and hope for a different result. So they decided to remove those young guys and receive high draft picks and at the same time keep high quality veterans to help remove the stink. They also signed and drafted some high character young guys to build on. Hyde, Poyer, White, Jones, Matthews, Gaines, Benjamin, Milano and of course Peterman. Should be a great group to root for for the next 5 years. Much better than what they let go IMO.

Oh and by the way, they are 5-4. Enjoy the game Sunday. Could be 6-4 Monday. And you don't have to watch the stink of TT either.

This is a good post Pimpin. Interesting take and one that you don't hear.

5 minutes ago, JPP said:

You really are a special kinda stupid.....they made the playoffs with a losing record.....this was my point....a team with a losing record can and has made the playoffs in the past....how hard is it?  here look below just for you:

The Panthers captured their second straight NFC South division title and qualified for the postseason for the first time in back-to-back years despite a losing record of 7–8–1.

Not. As. A. Wildcard.

Do you think the Bills are gonna win their division with a losing record this year? Cmon. 

8 hours ago, Turk71 said:

People saying Peterman will get killed behind this line, I expect he will be under heavy pressure and will take some sacks; however he does appear to be a lot quicker making decisions and getting rid of the ball. Hoping they come up with a good game plan to keep them guessing and slow the rush. Looking forward to Sunday. 

I think there is a chance the line will look suddenly better with Peterman.  Remember how awful our line looked with Trent Edwards, just incompetent, and then with Fitzpatrick and his quick release/gunslinger mentality they amazingly improved?

But keep in mind those words quick release/gunslinger mentality.