Sal C on WGR about QB position 2018

Sal believes, just his opinion and not inside info.....he believes Nathan Peterman has entered the conversation for our 2018 QB.

He believed during draft time that they made all these moves to get their QB in 2018.  That still could be the case but believes that the coaching staff has liked Peterman's development so far.

Still thinks Tyrod will finish the season, barring injury or elimination from playoffs.  Can't make the switch now while still in playoff contention.  Mainly because if Peterman struggles, you can't go back to Tyrod.  

So how would you guys feel if they decide not to go QB high in the draft because the coaching staff feels pretty good about Peterman?

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal believes, just his opinion and not inside info.....he believes Nathan Peterman has entered the conversation for our 2018 QB.

He believed during draft time that they made all these moves to get their QB in 2018.  That still could be the case but believes that the coaching staff has liked Peterman's development so far.

Still thinks Tyrod will finish the season, barring injury or elimination from playoffs.  Can't make the switch now while still in playoff contention.  Mainly because if Peterman struggles, you can't go back to Tyrod.  

So how would you guys feel if they decide not to go QB high in the draft because the coaching staff feels pretty good about Peterman?

I like Peterman to hold the spot until the top pick is ready to compete with Peterman for the job. I will be really upset with this new staff if they go all in on Peterman and don't have a top pick to fight him for the job.

I hate the idea of one QB just being handed the job I want a fight for it but I sure dont want a fight between Tyrod and Peterman I want a new young gun to fight him for it. IMO Tyrod is a QB from the last staff that needs to go to start a truly new era. Out with the old in with the new. With Rex choice at QB it still feels like a Rex team, 5-4 and no baby to see.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My wish is for Tyrod to go, Peterman to stay AND for the Bills to draft a QB in the first round.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, gomper said:

Pay AJ McCarron. Use the picks on other positions. 

No thanks, I want for once two young studs drafted by Buffalo fighting for the starter roll. Im so sick of the grab some other teams QB garbage this team has been stuck in during this longest playoffless garbage. Money saved from Tyrod contract can be used for FAs, three rookie QB contracts puts money elsewhere 

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 2

If the Bills FO is wise Peterman will either be a Frank Reich or a Tom Brady.  I'm good with either but I have to trust that if they don't get a 1st round QB they know Peterman has the skills to excel in this league.  I'm not sure they don't start Peterman the rest of the year if he gives the best chance of winning.

Jmo they should keep Taylor (he is signed for next year) and draft a QB in the 1st. Open competition in OTAs and camp - understand TT might be 1st on depth chart to begin with but I don’t think he should be handed the job. If NP wins the job, so be it. TT will be gone in 2019 and you have NP and 1st rounder from 2018, maybe even draft another QB in 2019... go from there. This regime knows their biggest responsibility is finding a QB. I highly doubt they don’t draft one high this year. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jr1 said:

maybe a guy like Clayton Thorson from Northwestern. It sucks because now they have DL holes to fill

IMO holes can be filled with FAs but QB is something this team needs to draft like NE does all the time.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jmo they should keep Taylor (he is signed for next year) and draft a QB in the 1st. Open competition in OTAs and camp - understand TT might be 1st on depth chart to begin with but I don’t think he should be handed the job. If NP wins the job, so be it. TT will be gone in 2019 and you have NP and 1st rounder, go from there. 

I don't see anyway Tyrod gets the job for 2018 based on what his ability to read a defense is.  The fact that he is not running at all in games shows how little they care about his skillset.

14 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Tyrod will not be back.  It's the Peterman show plus whatever rookie they draft, possibly Rudolph from OK St or Allen from Wyoming is my guess based on their size and where they will be drafting

I really like the idea of drafting Rudolph in the first and having him and Peterman duke it out in camp/preseason

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jmo they should keep Taylor (he is signed for next year) and draft a QB in the 1st. Open competition in OTAs and camp - understand TT might be 1st on depth chart to begin with but I don’t think he should be handed the job. If NP wins the job, so be it. TT will be gone in 2019 and you have NP and 1st rounder, go from there. 

No thanks on keeping Tyrod.

IMO if this staff keeps Tyrod next season I don't see them drafting a QB early I see them going down the same failed path as the last two staff trying to prove some other teams backup is good enough for a playoff run. FIRED like the rest continuing the same groundhog day of OBD fail.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jmo they should keep Taylor (he is signed for next year) and draft a QB in the 1st. Open competition in OTAs and camp - understand TT might be 1st on depth chart to begin with but I don’t think he should be handed the job. If NP wins the job, so be it. TT will be gone in 2019 and you have NP and 1st rounder from 2018, maybe even draft another QB in 2019... go from there. This regime knows their biggest responsibility is finding a QB. I highly doubt they don’t draft one high this year. 

I don't think this is the case IMO.  Taylor doesn't allow the Bills to do what they want on offense...specifically Dennison's offense.  

They just won't make the switch now because they are in the middle of a playoff race.  What message are you sending to your team making a switch during a playoff race which you are sitting at #6 and especially with a team captain?  Although I think the leash is shorter.

How can they know unless Peterman starts a couple games? Ideally we stay at our original spot and take a QB, then use our other picks to fill the many other holes that we have. If the passing game continues to struggle the next game or 2 put Peterman in. The coaches can’t honestly think they have a good read on Peterman just from practice. QBs show who they are in live games, not practice.