Sal C on WGR about QB position 2018

You draft a draft EVERY year until you have a franchise QB. If Petermen takes the team to a winning record, 4-3 or better and the Bills make the playoffs, he is the guy. I hope he is. Over 7 games I predict he throws for 1680 yards and 14TDS over the next 7 games. 

Edited by Tatonka68

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal believes, just his opinion and not inside info.....he believes Nathan Peterman has entered the conversation for our 2018 QB.

He believed during draft time that they made all these moves to get their QB in 2018.  That still could be the case but believes that the coaching staff has liked Peterman's development so far.

Still thinks Tyrod will finish the season, barring injury or elimination from playoffs.  Can't make the switch now while still in playoff contention.  Mainly because if Peterman struggles, you can't go back to Tyrod.  

So how would you guys feel if they decide not to go QB high in the draft because the coaching staff feels pretty good about Peterman?

....with the draft capital available, deciding not to go high in the draft for a QB is asinine.....and this is NOT a knock on Peterman....really like the kid's skill set, especially the mental aspects of the game this early on n his career.............

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Only if Peterman doesn’t show anything.

If he goes on a tear, then you would go with him in “18.

You still take your early QB. Then let them compete. DO NOT CHANGE your plan. 

Get a QB high in 2018 or you are going to fall into the Edwards and Fitz trap

Just now, MAJBobby said:

You still take your early QB. Then let them compete. DO NOT CHANGE your plan. 

Get a QB high in 2018 or you are going to fall into the Edwards and Fitz trap

If Peterman goes on a tear and feel very good with him, I’m okay with drafting other needs high.

Fitz and Edwards were his not QB’s.  We are looking to see what we have in Peterman.  He’s inheriting a team that’s currently in the playoffs so we will get a good evaluation.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If Peterman goes on a tear and feel very good with him, I’m okay with drafting other needs high.

Fitz and Edwards were his not QB’s.  We are looking to see what we have in Peterman.  He’s inheriting a team that’s currently in the playoffs so we will get a good evaluation.

He is a Rookie with no tape on him. He shoukd have some really have some nice games. 

But dont change your Plans. There is NOTHING wrong with having two Young QBs on your roster. 

If you settle yet again and push the other needs button they are no different than any other regime. Take a QB early in 2018 (talking first or second at latest)

7 games should NOT change your plan at QB. 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

He is a Rookie with no tape on him. He shoukd have some really have some nice games. 

But dont change your Plans. There is NOTHING wrong with having two Young QBs on your roster. 

If you settle yet again and push the other needs button they are no different than any other regime. Take a QB early in 2018 (talking first or second at latest)

So in your opinion, it doesn’t matter what Peterman does.  He could explode and take us deep into the playoffs and that won’t matter?  Is it really hard to just see how things play out first?

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So in your opinion, it doesn’t matter what Peterman does.  He could explode and take us deep into the playoffs and that won’t matter?  Is it really hard to just see how things play out first?

Yep unless he AVGs 300 a game >70% and a 2 to 1 TD ratio or better yep nothing should change. 

Whats the success rate of 5th round QBs for long term top end Careers?

Edited by MAJBobby

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep unless he AVGs 300 a game >70% and a 2 to 1 TD ratio or better yep nothing should change. 

Whats the success rate of 5th round QBs for long term top end Careers?

Not very high.  But you still wait for it to play out.  They know him better than you and I know.

Whats the success rate of QB’s drafted out of Oklahoma?  Would pass up on a Mayfield because of history?

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not very high.  But you still wait for it to play out.  They know him better than you and I know.

Whats the success rate of QB’s drafted out of Oklahoma?  Would pass up on a Mayfield because of history?

Point no matter what Peterman does this year what does it hurt if your take Rudolph? With one of your firsts????

Because if you feel as a coaching staff Peterman is your man gong forward, you don’t waste a draft pick.  

And me me personally I don’t want Rudolph.

I just used him as a name. Dont settle get another QB early in draft

Why cant we just see how this plays out first?

Because that was the rationale that wasted three seasons on Taylor. The Bills don't have the luxury of developing a marginal guy and hoping for a miracle, they desperately need a blue chipper to build around. I have nothing against Peterman, he hasn't thrown a professional pass yet, but you cannot keep hoping and praying on backups and 5th rounders while giving each new staff 3 years to turn the Bills into a contender. This franchise just doesn't have the talent, time, or resources to do anything BUT take a flier on a top guy, especially now that it's pretty clear there are going to be major changes in the offseason. 

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Because that was the rationale that wasted three seasons on Taylor. The Bills don't have the luxury of developing a marginal guy and hoping for a miracle, they desperately need a blue chipper to build around. I have nothing against Peterman, he hasn't thrown a professional pass yet, but you cannot keep hoping and praying on backups and 5th rounders while giving each new staff 3 years to turn the Bills into a contender. This franchise just doesn't have the talent, time, or resources to do anything BUT take a flier on a top guy, especially now that it's pretty clear there are going to be major changes in the offseason. 

It's not relying on hope and prayer.  If Peterman plays very well, I say we stick with him.  If he doesn't, you draft a guy high.  If he plays okay, you draft a QB high.

If the draft were today, I take a QB high.