Longtime NFL Scout Says Taylor Is "Below Average QB"

BuffaloRush

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree - there are some bad things, but it would really make a defense think - especially as they are very different.  You would have to be willing to allow TT to throw and run some PA and have to let Peterman roll out, but it could be done. 

I just think if you are developing a scheme you want to run - get the best guy in there and playing.

Well, for me, setting aside any trace of predicting how any Bills QB will turn out in the long run, just side stepping that whole thing:

We had an offense out there behind by 30 points who wouldn't take gambles and just go for broke. If I was head coach, unless it was me who told the team not to try at all to come back and win, I wouldn't want anybody to think they couldn't be benched when something like that is happening.

For me that means the offensive coordinator on down.

That one piece is the main part I don't understand about this game, The offense didn't even seem to try any desperation measures.

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

My big thing is if you are not going to change the offensive system to fit what Tyrod does well then get a qb in there that DOES fit the system.

I am definately not a Peterman hater just because I am pro tyrod....and a bills fan first always.

I believe this to be true. I think Tyrod could do well with a team where they absolutely develop the plays to his skills.

It is very obviou here that Dennison is trying to force a round peg into a square hole.

Dennison's scheme would more suit Peterman. Plus - getting those passes out quickly is going to force teams to back off the LOS and open up our running game. IMHO

3 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Unemployed former NFL scout says Tyrod Taylor can't win games.

Tyrod has a 19-18 career record as a starter

Huh....looks like we can win games with him

20-18. You should always count game one of the 2015 season, in which Cassell got credit for the start because they ran a trick play on the first play of the game, with TT split wide.

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

"make him be a QB" from two straight postgame pressers is a huge slap in the face, makes his defenders on the Bills payroll have to think real hard

THIS is why Peterman is our best chance to win. If for no other reason than there is not enough tape on him to game plan against.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

context Jms, context.

the statement was.... Fitz took his team closer to the playoffs than Tyrod ever has. quit trying to twist things to fit your twistedly blind obsession.

That sir is an impossibility 

1 hour ago, JM2009 said:

No apologizes to all the posters you have called clowns and fools? And again, your a "new" poster. Yet you claim to have a long time history on these boards and others. Your not fooling anyone. You were spotted yesterday by DaBills73 and others. Give it up.

CLUE # 1 

Look at his Join Date before you tell more Un Truths 

blob.png.0fb09089119f6ff2ade9c179325bbcfa.png

1 hour ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Ive called 00.00 people clowns or fools. 

Have another 5 lies to add to this discussion?     Is everyone on the internet as shady as you ?     

Hey now.!!! Careful with the words you use!!! 

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm more thinking out loud more than seriously suggesting this...

Years ago, HOF coach Tom Landry played both Craig Morton and Roger Staubach as QB.  Sometimes they QB-ed on different series; in one game they alternated every play.  

What if we alternated Peterman and Taylor?  They have such different skill sets.  Defenses try to stop Taylor by forcing him to stay in the pocket.  Peterman, on the other hand, is at his best in the pocket.  

The disadvantages of having two QBs are obvious and I'll note that the Cowboys went on a long win streak once they decided to stop alternating QBs and stick with Staubach.  But here are the advantages:

*  We continue to make use Tyrod's amazing athletic ability.

*  Peterman gets some playing time - he develops his game-time skills and the coaching staff gets to evaluate him in a live-game environment.

*  We keep defenses off balance.  

That was a horrible experiment by Landry.  Both QBs as well as the rest of the players detested it.   Fail!

1 hour ago, JM2009 said:

Air it out is Crusher returned. many posters spotted it yesterday

Air it out is Crusher returned. Many posters spotted it yesterday, like DaBills73, transplant. 

Dear jm2009    Look at my Reputation Points   DaBillsSince1973 has given me a dozen  Positive reviews.  

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

CBF

23517441_1210866522378405_5570396488869996183_n.jpg

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:    You made my morning :wub:

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Funny how you can rotate in players at every other position in every sport except NFL QB.

Some day a coach will try this in the modern game and it's going to work, at least for a short time like the wildcat did.

If one guy doesn't have it today try the other one for a few series. DC would hate it, especially if the QBs had different styles.

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Funny how you can rotate in players at every other position in every sport except NFL QB.

Some day a coach will try this in the modern game and it's going to work, at least for a short time like the wildcat did.

If one guy doesn't have it today try the other one for a few series. DC would hate it, especially if the QBs had different styles.

Tom Landry basically rotated Craig Morton and Roger Staubach every offensive series for a top team back in the day.

1 hour ago, JM2009 said:

It's funny how you, xRushx, Shady etc have been called crusaders by most of the board. Just me though. lol

Crusade, Crusade, Crusade 

1 hour ago, Bill_with_it said:

You sure dont dissapoint do you. Where will you be after he has a good showing? Im sure life will come up. Or where will you be when the run gaps are fitted by sound technique? 

Ahhhh poor guy i have talked about TT on good days too. Too bad they are few and far between 

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dear jm2009    Look at my Reputation Points   DaBillsSince1973 has given me a dozen  Positive reviews.  

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:    You made my morning :wub:

What does that have to do with Crusher? DaBillsSince 1973 called out Crusher all the time, and he realized yesterday that he was back with another username.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Crusade, Crusade, Crusade 

Ahhhh poor guy i have talked about TT on good days too. Too bad they are few and far between 

He played pretty well in the five wins, and no one remembers you saying much. In fact, you disappeared for awhile.

17 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Everyone who wants Peterman to see the field (myself included) is on that train because we know what we have in Tyrod Taylor. And it's not good enough. For those who argue Taylor starts because coaches believe he gives the team the best chance to win, there was another QB in New England who rode the bench for over a year for the same reason. Bill Belichek thought Drew Bledsoe gave the team the best chance to win and then Mo Lewis proved him wrong. Nobody knows anything, give Peterman the reins, if he bombs, we're in position to draft high. If he succeeds, draft competition for him and thank our lucky stars.

You're exactly right. The Bills know what they have with Taylor. 6-10, 7-9, 8-8. If every ball bounces your way and you get all the calls 9-7. None of those records are good enough to make the playoffs.