Longtime NFL Scout Says Taylor Is "Below Average QB"

BuffaloRush

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Espousing the virtues of Fitzpatrick as a starting QB.   To the kids table!

what is with you? everytime someone has praise for any qb who is potentially better than Tyrod, you attempt to shout them down with ridicule.  what would be so wrong to see Peterman in the game. Tyrod is not going to take us  anywhere.

just to be clear here, outside of your Tyrod bias, i love your postings and threads.

Edited by Foxx

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

lol. he got them much closer then ypour boy Tyrod has. what are you going to do when you find out he is not very good? you most likely will be among the last few dozen to grasp it.

He's a middle tier NFL QB.  Nothing has changed about that. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Long time message board member says Tyrod blows....don't need a genius to see it.

Astute observation. Very well formulated. 

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every objective person knows Tyrod is not good enough. You take away the run and he can’t beat you. It’s just the same thing every cycle of seasons. JP, Trent, Fitz, EJ, Tyrod etc. It just goes on and on and on. There are people on each of their bandwagons that are in to deep to turn around and who will go down with the ship. It’s obvious he’s not good enough. 90% of the people here and out there get it. The 10% that are still hanging on, will ride it down until the ship sinks. We all get it. It’s time to move on. Unfortunately it doesn’t matter what we all think. Tyrod is going to play and because of it, we are going to miss the playoffs again. It’s a shame because the league is doing all it can do to help us end the drought. It’s to bad we can’t take advantage for a change. It’s there if we want it this year but.......you know, “Bills”

^^^^^^^^^  T.H.I.S.  ^^^^^^^^^

It is just a GD shame that the Bills can't find a way to end the drought THIS YEAR - But no. Once you sign the "big" contract seems you have to screw up royally OR get hurt in order to turn the reins over to the next guy.

Another thing - In this Bills culture of "must buy into the PROCESS" or you're out - WHO in their right mind is going to stand up and say ANYTHING that might go against the grain like like "maybe time to change QB".  So this new culture does NOT ALLOW players to speak out for changes in the PROCESS.

"The PROCESS" is kind of a catch 22. Seems to allow little room for suggestions or corrections. IMO

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm looking forward to what Tyrod can (can't?) do with a real quality receiving corps. If everyone gets/stays healthy, he'll have:

- Clay: not great, but certainly a top 10 ball catching TE

- McCoy: one of the best receiving threats out of the backfield in football

- Matthews: a quality #2 receiver for several years

- Benjamin: a quality #1 receiver for several years

- Zay Jones: a highly rated rookie who showed signs of figuring out the game at the NFL level just before getting injured

It'll be no excuses time for Tyrod. These guys - or at least 1 or 2 of them every play - WILL get open. Can Tyrod find/hit them? We'll see.

The book is written on Taylor.  He can not win playing in the pocket & that is a big problem in the NFL.  I am not saying he is horrible, he is the most athletic QB in the league, but he has a couple thing going against him & that is he can't see from the pocket, his decision time stinks & he is not very accurate.  Van Miller once told me when I saw him at the gym that you can't teach a QB accuracy, either he has it or he doesn't.  He told me that before Losman's second year when I asked him how you think he will do.  Told me he will never make it due to  not being accurate.  Looking back he was dead on in that assessment. 

Edited by Gordio

12 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

.Just because you send a guy to the flat as an outlet doesn't make him the primary target.

Thats on the QB or QB's as they both choked(I know its checked) down.

THIS!!! There were two screens in the whole game where that looked like it was the play call and primary read.  The first play of the game to Shady and the 3rd down conversion on a nice little TE screen to Clay.  

The rest of the times the ball was thrown to running backs it was checked down by Tyrod, the primary reads on all of those plays looked to be down the field and on at least 3 that I could see from the TV angle / replays there were OPEN receivers that Tyrod either didn't see or didn't throw to.  People need to stop correlating the result of the play with the intent of the play.

Edited by GunnerBill

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Everybody always says it was the cardinals knock out that ruined Trent. It wasn’t. If you look, then next week he played one of his best games ever. It was the following game against Cleveland that he got picked off like 3 times real early on Monday night. He took shots and got picked. After that he was scared to death to throw it down field. THATS what ruined him. Not the hit IMO

I remember that game as well and felt the same way.  He became captain checkdown that game.  I remember thinking he's got to be terrified to throw down field and risk another interception.  

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm looking forward to what Tyrod can (can't?) do with a real quality receiving corps. If everyone gets/stays healthy, he'll have:

- Clay: not great, but certainly a top 10 ball catching TE

- McCoy: one of the best receiving threats out of the backfield in football

- Matthews: a quality #2 receiver for several years

- Benjamin: a quality #1 receiver for several years

- Zay Jones: a highly rated rookie who showed signs of figuring out the game at the NFL level just before getting injured

It'll be no excuses time for Tyrod. These guys - or at least 1 or 2 of them every play - WILL get open. Can Tyrod find/hit them? We'll see.

Pardon me if I am wrong - BUT - didn't Tyrod have all of those guys (except Zay) in the Saints game? 

You are right on one point - one 1 or 2 got open - but Tyrod failed that sniff test.

31 minutes ago, Foxx said:

what is with you? everytime someone has praise for any qb who is potentially better than Tyrod, you attempt to shout them down with ridicule.  what would be so wrong to see Peterman in the game. Tyrod is not going to take us  anywhere.

just to be clear here, outside of your Tyrod bias, i love your postings and threads.

its too bad the bias ruins the good.  

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

its too bad the bias ruins the good.  

There you are again. Pathetic.  I won't ball wash Peterman, so you cry yet again. 

41 minutes ago, Foxx said:

False.  Tyrod is a limited mid-tiered NFL QB as I've stated many times, but I'm not buying any of that Fitz praise because he's proven time after time at each stop that he's a backup QB at the NFL level.  We should see Peterman in a game when he's earned the opportunity and not when fans clamor for change. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There you are again. Pathetic.  I won't ball wash Peterman, so you cry yet again. 

Whoever plays QB we all should root for him. Yet we know this doesn't happen.The sixth seed is there, I think, if the Bills can win four more games-SD, Miami, Colts.

3 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Whoever plays QB we all should root for him. Yet we know this doesn't happen.The sixth seed is there, I think, if the Bills can win four more games-SD, Miami, Colts.

I will, but I can't stand unwarranted hype. Hated it with Tebow and Manziel. Now we have this backup QB love train that has taken root. 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

False.  Tyrod is a limited mid-tiered NFL QB as I've stated many times, but I'm not buying any of that Fitz praise because he's proven time after time at each stop that he's a backup QB at the NFL level.  We should see Peterman in a game when he's earned the opportunity and not when fans clamor for change. 

No he's not. If he was there would have been GMs wanting his services over their current QB services this past offseason. 

Let us know what GMs would take Tyrod over their current QB? You might find a handful, maybe.

12 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Crusher hasn't been banned again yet. Surprised.

My name isn't crusher.  

I'm sorry you and the other fanatical COT members spent so many keystrokes of fail. 

Thats a you problem, leave me and this crusher guy out of it. There's a reason you lead the league in blocked posts.     

IMG_7541.JPG

Edited by Air it out Fitzy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

My name isn't crusher.  

I'm sorry you and the other fanatical COT members spent so many keystrokes of fail. 

Thats a you problem, leave me and this crusher guy out of it. There's a reason you lead the league in blocked posts.     

IMG_7541.JPG

Now how in the world would you know anything about anyones posting history being a new member? :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Now how in the world would you know anything about anyones posting history being a new member? :rolleyes:

this is a public forum.

jus' saying.....

43 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

i'm not much of a Fitz fan either. however the facts are the facts. he has taken his team much closer to the playoffs than Tyrod has.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1