Week 11: Chargers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced, Jordan Matthews Out

26CornerBlitz

18 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

I agree. Only two reasons why we might have a chance - the drubbing we took last sunday SHOULD bring out the best in players and coaches, and Rivers not playing. Clemons is a dinker and we'll take that all day.

That's what we thought after the drubbing they took two Thursdays before.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

BILLS ROUNDTABLE: WHERE BUFFALO SITS IN THE AFC PLAYOFF RACE

1114-roundtable-benjamin.jpg

Bills analysts Chris Brown and Donald Jones breakdown the AFC playoff race, provide an early preview of the Bills-Chargers match-up plus discuss other topics around the NFL in this week's edition of Bills Roundtable.

I did better - game by game match by match forecast of each competitor's game results with possible win totals to see who wins that race. My forecast: Current division leaders, Titans & Jags. Ravens get the last seed. 

Gregg Rosenthal catches you up on everything you need to know as we turn from Week 10 to Week 11.

Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick are fond of saying that the NFL season doesn't start until after Thanksgiving. For the upstart Los Angeles Rams and the rest of the teams that make up this crowded NFC playoff picture, that schedule is getting moved up a week this season.

Some panic is acceptable

1) The Bills' run defense. It's not just how much the Saints ran on the Bills on Sunday, it's where they ran. On play after play, New Orleans gashed Buffalo right up the gut of their defense. By the time Saintsfullback Zach Line rumbled for 9 yards up the middle during a streak of 24 straight Saints runs, the hyped (ahem) Bills defense of 2017 had been essentially laid to rest on the field.

It was as if the Bills were awestruck by the Saints' firepower during their 298-yard rushing performance. The Saints had their offensive line fully healthy for nearly the first time all season. Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara are the most dynamic 1-2 punch in the league. Kamara broke two tackles to turn a routine third-and-long swing pass into a fourth-and-1 that coach Sean Payton aggressively went for. Ingram blasted over defenders on the ensuing short-yardage run for a 25-yard gain down to the 5-yard line.

No matter how much credit the Saints deserve, however, the Bills' defense giving up 81 points and 492 rushing yards in a two-week span is demoralizing because a tough-minded defense was the bedrock of its identity. That these performances came directly after Bufalo traded away defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, who had an excellent game as a run-stuffer in Jacksonville on Sunday, makes them more painful.

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No matter how much credit the Saints deserve, however, the Bills' defense giving up 81 points and 492 rushing yards in a two-week span is demoralizing because a tough-minded defense was the bedrock of its identity.

THIS is why those 2 losses were so tough to take. Let's face it - this defense is NOT ****. But without Dareus, it's like the whole defense fell apart. Parts are strong but the key link is gone.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Translation is we miss Dareus more than we anticipated. 

No doubt.

I think the coach's are knowledgeable enough that they knew they would miss Dareus. They were willing to accept the outcome in this 1st year and wanted to see how the DTs responded. Obviously, it has not been good.

On 11/12/2017 at 9:50 PM, KD in CA said:

Wifey and I are househunting.  I might just take all my cash to Vegas to bet the SD moneyline and make things that much easier.

Wear your lucky Chargers jersey.

On 11/13/2017 at 12:05 AM, billspro said:

Honestly even if we snuck into the playoffs at 8-8 who cares. This team showed it can't compete with the big boys. Our "playoff" game would look a lot like the game today. 

You will not need to worry when you are released from Practice Squad.