Why Doesn't Tyrod Audible?

Buffalo03

1 hour ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

& yet Peterman comes in and calls audibles at the line - kind of supports what we've all been saying.

I don't want to believe we have a QB who has the ability to both audible and deliver a strike in less than 5 seconds and throw into tight windows still sitting on the bench.

Knew this day was coming since preseason. And now it's here. I thought Peterman would get on the field after taylor got pancaked and carted off one day, not in the middle of a massacre. So the kid comes in and passes his way to a TD against a defense playing to prevent a pass scoring drive. 

How many scoring drives were left on the bench with Peterman while taylor was out there embarrassing himself.

Compared to this debacle, Custer's afternoon at The Little Bighorn was mildly unpleasant.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

& yet Peterman comes in and calls audibles at the line - kind of supports what we've all been saying.

I noticed that myself. I remember reading Rico wasn’t allowing him to audible, which struck me as strange given its importance in the game. But now, with Peterman doing it shortly after arriving in NFL, makes me think it’s unique to Tyrod, as in “his issue”.

5 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Is it possible that he is being told not to audible? I just can't understand. I find it hard to believe that when a run play gets called in for Tolbert on 2nd and 15 that he isn't thinking about changing the play. This offense is way to predictable. When you see 8 or 9 in the box don't run it up the middle. Change the play

3 OCs, it's Tyrod, he can't.

5 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

He thinks he can run out of a bad situation......

Remember before the season, the coaches saying they couldn't wait to "unleash" Taylor?  What a joke.

Every coach thinks this and then realize they can't.

This is why Peterman should have started, we all knew what tt could do, why waste time.

Tyrod was very effective last year, he just seems to have one route he follows this year and ditches to RB if not happy with it.  Peterman seems to scan the field more.  Benjamin doesn't seem to be here for Taylor and I could feel there being a mutiny if they continue to let Taylor struggle when the team looks like it could be much better.  Let's not kid ourselves though, this game against the Saints was never going to be a win.  These Saints will win the super bowl if they keep playing like this, their defense has always been their achilles heel and it looks very solid this year.

8 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Tyrod was very effective last year, he just seems to have one route he follows this year and ditches to RB if not happy with it.  Peterman seems to scan the field more.  Benjamin doesn't seem to be here for Taylor and I could feel there being a mutiny if they continue to let Taylor struggle when the team looks like it could be much better.  Let's not kid ourselves though, this game against the Saints was never going to be a win.  These Saints will win the super bowl if they keep playing like this, their defense has always been their achilles heel and it looks very solid this year.

They need to be audibling the running plays- were supposed to be a running team and were in third and long all game.  Dennison is supremely stubborn if he thinks this outside zone crap is successful right now.  

9 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I searched and couldn't find a "Fire Dennison" thread.  I truly think the Bills should consider this, as well as never allowing Taylor to start another game.

First you need to change QB 

then we can talk about firing the coaches. 

Why fire the coach if the problem is the player 

9 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/buffalobills/comments/5z0oul/tyrod_taylor_wonderlic_score_15/

jesus

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wonderlic score - 15

The end.

Nathan Peterman, 33;

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

21 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I did find it interesting that Peterman ran the no huddle very efficiently. He would complete a pass and get them right back up to the line within 15 seconds. It takes Tyrod 30 seconds to do that. I guess he really is bad. I've stuck up for him for a long time but I'm done with that today

Yeah I too have been on TT's side but that was too much. Lack of audibles is REALLY weird, we need to know why, and his "2 minute drills" are not awesome, though in THAT aspect he's improved for sure IMO. But he has regressed in accuracy and we see none of his previously beautiful deep throws.

We don't know what the Bills have in Peterman, and my gut tells me other teams would figure him out quick if the lack of arm strength reports are accurate. But 58 yards? To me the lack of the overrated 300 passing yard games didn't concern me at all, but 58 yards? Come on! I sure hope he's on a short leash and Peterman has his chance if Tyrod stinks up the place next time around. The wide receivers would be happy that's for sure. Tight ends too probably. Something has to change.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....yup, here is "substantive correlation" to support your "Wonderlic score equates to a QB's performance in the NFL....enjoy..............

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

I've been through this a million times.

Starting with the year 2000, every QB who has had a Wonderlic score of 15 or lower has sucked.

Scoring 16 or higher means a QB MIGHT be successful.  Obviously, a guy like Fitz was NOT successful ... hence the word MIGHT.

Scoring 15 or lower means a QB WILL INDEED NOT be successful.  They are too effing stupid to be good QBs, period.

Don't throw Kelly, Marino, etc. in.  It begins in 2000.

Enjoy.

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I've been through this a million times.

Starting with the year 2000, every QB who has had a Wonderlic score of 15 or lower has sucked.

Scoring 16 or higher means a QB MIGHT be successful.  Obviously, a guy like Fitz was NOT successful ... hence the word MIGHT.

Scoring 15 or lower means a QB WILL INDEED NOT be successful.  They are too effing stupid to be good QBs, period.

Don't throw Kelly, Marino, etc. in.  It begins in 2000.

Enjoy.

...you were a 49...I was a 7....so you obviously win.......