“Tyrod is our starter.”

McBean

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

I don't disagree as long as we realize late rounders don't always have star power, heck Taylor is a sixth rounder doesn't mean he will be enshrined.

I realize that but sticking with a guy thats clearly never going to progress beyond what he is now is like beating your head against the wall.

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

I realize that but sticking with a guy thats clearly never going to progress beyond what he is now is like beating your head against the wall.

I am all for starting the guy,  I don't want to see another game like the last two.  The hesitation I have is what if he still needs time to understand the game.  He isn't a first round pick for a reason but I haven't seen anything from him to believe he can't do it yet though.  I like his composure but preseason and mopup duty and starting a game are two very different scenarios.  I'm cautiously optimistic understanding he just might not be ready.  I am hoping we have the right people in place to make that decision.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You think we got all those picks for nothing??

Carolina was worse than us and look at them now, that will be us.

Next year. Let's keep in mind that the FO &Staff have not been here for 17 years.

Let's quit changing the chefs before the meal is prepared.

Or changing gynos before we're pregnant?

6 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

So why did they bother to draft the kid?

So he can rot on the vine?

I hope the coach changes his mind because right now he has the wagon hitched to the wrong horse,

That's easy. Every team needs a backup QB that can run the offensive scheme without changing too much. If you draft a guy in round five, you're probably thinking his ceiling is around a career backup. But you'd be happy with that, and if it's better then that's a bonus .

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did Taylor move up our down in the Tier 2 column?

ROTFLMAOPIP

:worthy::worthy:

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they called 'gitche gumee'
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy
With a load of iron ore twenty-six thousand tons more
Than the Edmund Fitzgerald weighed empty
That good ship and crew was a bone to be chewed
When the gales of November came early

48 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

If you're still defending Tyrod Taylor:

titanic.jpg

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

20 hours ago, McBean said:

From McDermott in post game presser.

Put the Peterman talk to bed.

20 hours ago, WMDman said:

of course hes gonna say that right after the game, I think they make the switch

I seriously doubt it ... not yet.  The Bills are 5-4 in a very weak AFC.  There is no reason to throw in the towel yet.  When the Bills are realistically eliminated from the wildcard (not necessarily mathematically eliminated) is when I hope they make this switch. Might as well see what the kid has with and against the first stringers at that point.  But it is too early now IMO.

18 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Peterman is a 5th round pick that looked good in preseason (against 2nd/3rd stringers) and looked good in the 4th quarter of a blowout loss (against 3rd stringers playing loose coverage). 

Let's not overreact to 1 bad game from Tyrod when the entire team played like hot garbage. 

1 bad game?  Really?

I know that the Saints Defense has improved, but give me a break they aren't that good. No way they are better than Carolina or Denver and we put up a decent amount of points on Denver. Threw for more than 56 yards against Carolina too. No more excuses with lack of weapons on offense we had our full array other than Zay and still couldn't move the ball until Peterman got in. 

6 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

I know that the Saints Defense has improved, but give me a break they aren't that good. No way they are better than Carolina or Denver and we put up a decent amount of points on Denver. Threw for more than 56 yards against Carolina too. No more excuses with lack of weapons on offense we had our full array other than Zay and still couldn't move the ball until Peterman got in. 

If TT was in on that last drive, he almost certainly would have been able to throw underneath against the prevent defense as well.  He has done it in past seasons, that's a big reason his previous years stats are as good as they are.

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

If TT was in on that last drive, he almost certainly would have been able to throw underneath against the prevent defense as well.  He has done it in past seasons, that's a big reason his previous years stats are as good as they are.

The game was out of hand by the 4th quarter and Tyrod still wasn't throwing the ball around. Usually when a QB is way behind they throw for allot of yards trying to comeback. They'll take deep shots and throw into tighter windows. Tyrod did not have an answer and Captain check down was at it again. They kept him in a bubble in the backfield and he clearly showed that he cannot get the ball out quickly. I'm not saying Peterman is the answer to Buffalo's QB riddle, but if every time we go down two scores we have to hear that Tyrod is not a QB capable of mounting a comeback then maybe he shouldn't be a QB at all.

1 minute ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

The game was out of hand by the 4th quarter and Tyrod still wasn't throwing the ball around. Usually when a QB is way behind they throw for allot of yards trying to comeback. They'll take deep shots and throw into tighter windows. Tyrod did not have an answer and Captain check down was at it again. They kept him in a bubble in the backfield and he clearly showed that he cannot get the ball out quickly. I'm not saying Peterman is the answer to Buffalo's QB riddle, but if every time we go down two scores we have to hear that Tyrod is not a QB capable of mounting a comeback then maybe he shouldn't be a QB at all.

I can't argue with any of that.  Just saying you can't accurately access Peterman versus TT based on garbage time work.  If McCoach thought Peterman would win him games, you can bet your ass Peterman would be starting.

5 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I can't argue with any of that.  Just saying you can't accurately access Peterman versus TT based on garbage time work.  If McCoach thought Peterman would win him games, you can bet your ass Peterman would be starting.

the simple solution.  Put Peterman in and lets see how bad he really is.  

If Nate went in and Rico called 3 quick passes the defense would soften up on the run.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I don't doubt that.  I just don't trust his judgment in such things.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don't doubt that.  I just don't trust his judgment in such things.

Tolbert plays, Vlad plays, Mills plays, Humber plays, Tyrod plays, I don't trust his judgement or believe anything he has to say. There is no way those guys are better than what is here or what was let go or traded for. McProcess is nothing but lip service, talk is cheap. 

13 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I agree with the fact that you can't assess Peterman in garbage time. But, I wonder if McCoach is trying not to turn the locker room against him by benching a captain. Like back when we started Robosack over Flutie because we paid Rob Johnson so much money. I just wanna see something different out of this team.

Edited by buffalobloodfloridahome