Tyrod 9/17 for 53 yards through 3 quarters. FRANCHISE QB!

BigDingus

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You don't have to worry about me falling for it. Lack of talent and size is up front catching up with them.

Whats odd is that a guy like Cedric Thornton has made a living at being great against the run. Hughes and Lawson have also been good at setting the edge. I find it difficult to believe Dareus was this much of a difference maker. There has to be more to it.

Edited by Bangarang

Just now, Bangarang said:

Whats odd is that a guy like Cedric Thornton has made a living at being great against the run. Hughes and Lawson have also been good at setting the edge. I refuse to believe Dareus was this much of a difference maker. There has to be more to it.

More like what?  They have been manhandled these last two weeks.

For the people blaming the defense and not believing Taylor is at any fault, it seems some of you are simply not grasping the fact that Taylor not being able to move this team and constantly going 3 and out or only holding onto the ball for a few minutes per drive go hand in hand with the defense being gassed.

The Saints held the ball for 41:33 today vs the Bills 18.37, basically a 2:1 ratio. Last week the Jets also had a distinct advantage in time of possession basically until the 4th quarter when Taylor dinked and dunked for 5 yards a pop in garbage time for a few late TD's to make the final time of possession misleading even though the Jets still finished ahead.

With that said, yes this defense is still not very good regardless but being on the field so much in the first 7 games obviously caught up to them in the last two weeks and been a contributing factor. But 58 yards speaks for itself and that is simply not what a franchise QB does even on his worst day.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

More like what?  They have been manhandled these last two weeks.

I don’t know but this defense has been taking a massive nose dive since the start of the season. No sacks, no pressure and now we can’t stop the run. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t know but this defense has been taking a massive nose dive since the start of the season. No sacks, no pressure and now we can’t stop the run. 

The slide has conincided with EJ Gaines being out.  They have to protect on the back end with him out and take less chances up front.  Dareus is a factor in the slide the last two weeks. 

Haven't seen Poyer blitzing as much. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The slide has conincided with EJ Gaines being out.  They have to protect on the back end with him out and take less chances up front.  Dareus is a factor in the slide the last two weeks. 

Gaines seems to get injured on a weekly basis. I really hope B.B. knows how to draft well because we need help all over that defense 

Just now, Bangarang said:

Gaines seems to get injured on a weekly basis. I really hope B.B. knows how to draft well because we need help all over that defense 

4 games missed and two DNFs for Gaines.  The better hit on all those picks with the talent they dealt away. 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

But even early in the year the Bills were rushing 4 a lot and getting there.

To your point though, it did seem like the blitzed more with Gaines.

But either way, their 4 man pass rush was more effective in the beginning of the year compared to now. Not sure what the problem is

Edited by billsfan11

8 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Are you finally ready to admit TT is not a franchise QB or whatever tier you place him on? 

Why do people do this week to week?

NFL 

=

Not

For

Long 

in just about every sense of the phrase.

The entire team absolutely blew today, including Taylor, unlike the Jets game where he was the lone bright spot.

Keep baiting if you want, but we have 7 games left. 

Not

For

Long

that includes memories of the last game. The season as a whole is taken into account, not game by game by game by game.

But yes, at this moment it sure looks like Taylor's at best our placeholder in 2018 for a 1st round eventual Franchise guy.

Today was disgusting. I'm partly disgusted at myself for believing this coach had this team moving in a better direction than the last 17 years.

After the last 2 games I seriously question that :doh:

17 minutes ago, Billsmisery said:

But , but it is the playcalling! TT fanboys cannot accept the truth the guy is hot garbage. 

The entire team is hot garbage. This looked like a Rex Ryan run defense out there. 

But, as someone whom always backed tyrod. Today, was the final straw. As he continued to Checkdown on third and long it seemed he was clueless of the score, and almost dis-interested. 

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

For the people blaming the defense and not believing Taylor is at any fault, it seems some of you are simply not grasping the fact that Taylor not being able to move this team and constantly going 3 and out or only holding onto the ball for a few minutes per drive go hand in hand with the defense being gassed.

The Saints held the ball for 41:33 today vs the Bills 18.37, basically a 2:1 ratio. Last week the Jets also had a distinct advantage in time of possession basically until the 4th quarter when Taylor dinked and dunked for 5 yards a pop in garbage time for a few late TD's to make the final time of possession misleading even though the Jets still finished ahead.

With that said, yes this defense is still not very good regardless but being on the field so much in the first 7 games obviously caught up to them in the last two weeks and been a contributing factor. But 58 yards speaks for itself and that is simply not what a franchise QB does even on his worst day.

Good post man.

IMO you can't have a QB like Brees or Brady on the field for so long and expect them not to score regardless who you have on D. Its a scoring league, a D can only slow a team you need a QB to keep up with the scoring to put pressure on them and give your D some rest.

The offense once again didn't do there part by staying on the field and keeping Brees off the field.  Sure the D could have been better but when our offense couldn't do anything I'm sure they just gave up after a while .

Sadly McD isn't going to get this team playing like a team using a QB that nobody has any confidence in. When the opposing team calls out your QB by saying we made him play as a QB you know nobody is giving any respect to your QB.

IMO what a hot mess this team is in trying to cover up Tyrods inabilities, the Bills won this season in spite of Tyrod not because of. Start Peterman and show the team and fans that McD plays the players that are performing because leaving Tyrod in is only showing he is playing him because of his contract there is no other excuse considering the last two blowouts and Tyrods lack luster games we won with the kicker and D making it happen not Tyrod.

Mr 3 points wasn't worth a bag of peanuts the last two weeks, keeping Tyrod the starter makes this new staff look as blind as the last 2 fired staffs that also blindly held on to bad QB play before fired.

Keeping Tyrod in could have us in 3 blowouts in a row.

It's official they are 5-4, so McD with Tyrod in year 1 is the same as Rex with Tyrod year 1, once again not good enough and trending down the exact same failed path.

Edited by xRUSHx

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Yep.

I'm so disgusted.

This was the first game I ever just stopped watching in the 3rd quarter.

I haven't even looked at the stats but it felt like the Saints ran for 300 yards and 8+ yards per carry. And it was a problem from quarter 1 so anyone blaming anyone other than the D for this is idiotic.

Everyone sucked, including Taylor.

But our D was supposed to be good or even better than it was with Rex, but that's starting to look like a mirage.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Playcalling was also absolutely a huge problem today.

Everyone on the Bills Or coaching the Bills was a problem.

The Dennison deflection has to end. How many plays can you design for an OLine that can't block and a Quarterback that can't throw on time from the pocket? I watched some of the Redskins and Vikings game back after ours had finished last night. 

Washington are missing their top lineman, their left tackle (sound familiar?). They have been losing linemen like they are going out of fashion and all 5 who played yesterday were listed as "Questionable" on the injury report. They adjusted by getting the ball out of Cousins' hands quicker. All short drops and throw as you hit the top of your drop. Dennison doesn't have that option because Tyrod can't do it. 

When an OL sucks and a QB can't compensate you could have Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi calling the plays.... it would make no difference. 

8 hours ago, Noogie75 said:

Once again trading Cardale was a bad move.

this makes little sense.  He'd see the field as much as Nate has.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Playcalling was also absolutely a huge problem today.

Everyone on the Bills Or coaching the Bills was a problem.

Including Tentative Taylor.  

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Dennison deflection has to end. How many plays can you design for an OLine that can't block and a Quarterback that can't throw on time from the pocket? I watched some of the Redskins and Vikings game back after ours had finished last night. 

Dilly dilly 

44 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

To stop our Quarterback, you make him play Quarterback.

Baltimore drafted/trained him to be a backup, traded him to Buffalo then called out his default showing why they traded him by how to stop him.

Baltimore called this out because they knew all along, too bad OBD still has figured it out. 3 OCs and still just as blind.

Edited by xRUSHx

6 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Baltimore drafted/trained him to be a backup, traded him to Buffalo then called out his default showing why they traded him by how to stop him.

Baltimore called this out because they knew all along, too bad OBD still has figured it out. 3 OCs and still just as blind.

We signed him as a FA not via trade.  

8 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Baltimore tried to make him a cornerback.

Taylor signed here as a free agent and wasn't traded by the way....

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was a FA.  

Just looked it up. Yes I am mistaken when Rexy was with Jests he was trying.

Quote..When Ryan was coaching the New York Jets, they attempted unsuccessfully to trade for the Ravens' longtime backup quarterback.

So he was dumped by Baltimore, dumped by Buffalo, resigned by Buffalo. Looking more and more like Fitz career. Funny how they call him a long time backup QB in Baltimore.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

100% sure.

Found it thanks

Edited by xRUSHx

Quote from Jets news article:

the Baltimore Ravens completely shut down Buffalo Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor, and the New York Jets took notice.

After the Bills' Week 1 loss, Ravens defensive tackle Brandon Williams said of the teams gameplan: "Make him be a quarterback." He threw for 111 yards in that game, so guess what the Jets' game plan was?

"You just have to keep him in the pocket and make him be a quarterback,"

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Quote from Jets news article:

the Baltimore Ravens completely shut down Buffalo Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor, and the New York Jets took notice.

After the Bills' Week 1 loss, Ravens defensive tackle Brandon Williams said of the teams gameplan: "Make him be a quarterback." He threw for 111 yards in that game, so guess what the Jets' game plan was?

"You just have to keep him in the pocket and make him be a quarterback,"

Writing on the wall has been there a long time.

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

now I have to clean up the coffee I spit out. 

Patricia will make sure his team doesn't see the game tape, they might all wet their pants in glee

every man on D facing the Bills is smiling and thinking of how he's gonna rack up 3 easy mofo-ing sacks with ease.

17 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes the oline is not very good (although PFF did have us graded out as a top 10 pass blocking unit as recent as before the Raiders game) but never underestimate what a QB change can do for a team.

In fact people thought the same thing back in 2010 (including myself who was an Edwards supporter at the time) and as soon as we went to Fitzpatrick this offense looked great especially the WR's. In fact I remember Stevie Johnson publicly saying he would have never even had a chance in this league if not for Fitzpatrick.

Taylor simply can't or won't make the plays in the passing game that are there to be made mostly out of fear of turning the ball over which is why his metrics have always been very misleading.

Watching Peterman that may be true... I'd just hate to see the young guy destroyed

36 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Watching Peterman that may be true... I'd just hate to see the young guy destroyed

with the right coaches anything is possible.  

Many people that are not Nate fans say the Bills are drafting a QB in 18.  So why not throw Nate in there.  He can play until the next guy is ready. right 

but hold on ,,,  the Tentative Taylor lovers wouldn't even want that to happen.  They would rather lose with their guy than take a chance we actually see QB play behind center in Buffalo. 

3 years is enough to tell if a Vet has it.   In this case 2.5 is sufficient. 

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Including Tentative Taylor.  

Did I exclude him?

That was the worst game I've ever seen from the Bills in all respects I think, given what this team was doing before it and expectations.

Dennison sucked with his ludicrous playcalling.

Tyrod sucked with his throws short of the sticks and not pulling the trigger.

Our OL sucked blocking in both the run and pass.

Our DL had the most repugnant performance I think I've ever seen in my life.  At one point the Saints ran 24 straight times.  That's friggin ridiculous.  And their runs were for 8-12 yards on every run during that stretch it felt.

The secondary couldn't stop Michael Thomas from catching any football.

The secondary couldn't stop Brees from converting 3rd and longs.

Costly penalties.

This was just disgusting.  Everyone on the Bills should be disgusted.  They all friggin sucked.

I wasn't as worried after the Jets game because the NFL really is the Not For Long league and while one week the team can come out and absolutely suck against a team like Carolina they can follow that up with a great game against teams like Denver and Atlanta... only to follow that up with another stinker.

That's why these momentary call-outs are just stupid.

This is a thread about Taylor not being a Franchise QB pretty clearly in response to the thread that was up after the Jets game about him being a Franchise QB.

That thread was up because Taylor was really good against the Jets.  I don't think people should have concluded he was a Franchise QB after that game, though.

Just like this game the other way.

We have 7 games left and as much as yesterday !@#$ING SUCKED!!!!  we're somehow the #6 seed and right there.  Someone reading that sentence I just wrote was about to start typing that we're about to get blown out in LA to the Chargers.

It's possible.

But I think people speak too concretely about everything in the moment.

Our weekly Tyrod discussion is inevitable.  And I'll partake and even start some conversations.  But you will not have found a single post from me that's ever said that I think Tyrod Taylor IS our Franchise QB.

And I think we also need to have a conversation about what a Franchise QB is.  I think some people use Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees as their definitions for "Franchise QB," which is just ridiculous.  Those are 3 of the top 10 QBs probably in NFL history.  Those guys can't be the benchmark.

PS: If you truly think it's "Tyrod or nothing" for me, go back and look at my posts early in the offseason when there were reports that Brees might've been getting out of New Orleans.  I woulda taken him at any cost.