Tyrod 9/17 for 53 yards through 3 quarters. FRANCHISE QB!

BigDingus

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not really that simple and this thread isn't about Taylor sucking Sunday, it's about him sucking as a QB.

Everything is just an overall overreaction.

People need to stop with this one game as a definition nonsense. 

Taylor sucked Sunday.

Who the hell said he didn't?

What's generally annoying is the way people try to use singular games to paint an overall definitive picture of what Taylor is.

By the time this season ends and we move into the offseason I expect (and have been on record expecting all along) that the Bills are going to draft a QB in the 1st round and maybe even trade up for a guy.  And that guy will (hopefully) be our Franchise QB, not Taylor.

That's what I expect.  But I've also said that isn't set in stone in the minds at OBD and that Taylor had this year to prove that he could be the long term answer.  He hasn't made the case for that and so as of right now I absolutely expect the Bills will draft a QB in the first and might even let Taylor walk without paying him that option.

That's what I expect, but even though the trendy thing to do here is to speak so definitively about things that aren't set in stone (I've never been a trendy guy.  I'm really behind in the trends... I still use a flip phone.), I'm not going to say that Taylor IS NOT the Franchise QB or that the Bills WILL draft a QB in the first or... because we still have 7 games in a season where we still (somehow) hold the #6 seed in the AFC and despite the fact that our Head Coach has probably his largest window at this moment to bench Taylor in favor of Peterman, McDermott has already stated multiple times without hesitation (watch the PCs... they're really without hesitation) that he believes in Taylor and that Taylor is our starter

i'll go ahead and say it for you. Tyrod is not a franchise quarterback

On 12/11/2017 at 3:40 PM, The 9 Isles said:

It looks like this coaching staff is not as good as we had hoped earlier in the season. This team might be in trouble for awhile with these guys. 

And you know what that means?............we all ride it out for a few years while the team gets dismantled and then the fans start calling for heads.

17 years and counting, my friend...........17 years.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Can you tell me what a Franchise QB is?

Is Andy Dalton one?

Not sure if I missed it but have you given your definition of a franchise QB? Does Tyrod meet that standard? Who does?

Edited by Bangarang

A good franchise QB is a distributor of the football to the guys with (much more) athleticism. A lot of the younger QBs have more athleticism than the old guys ever did but you want the ball out quick to the playmakers ASAP after the snap.

Dalton has done well over a long period of time with good coaching and a good supporting cast. Definitely not elite, but good enough for multiple playoff berths and a lot of wins.

Poor SOB broke his thumb making a tackle right at the end of his best season ever and has never been the same since Hue Jackson went to Cleveland. The good news for him is Hue might be right back in Cincy next season, as Marvin Lewis has a lifetime contract and Jackson looks like he is having his inevitable power struggle with a  front office.

Edited by TheFunPolice

50 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not really that simple and this thread isn't about Taylor sucking Sunday, it's about him sucking as a QB.

Everything is just an overall overreaction.

People need to stop with this one game as a definition nonsense. 

Taylor sucked Sunday.

Who the hell said he didn't?

What's generally annoying is the way people try to use singular games to paint an overall definitive picture of what Taylor is.

By the time this season ends and we move into the offseason I expect (and have been on record expecting all along) that the Bills are going to draft a QB in the 1st round and maybe even trade up for a guy.  And that guy will (hopefully) be our Franchise QB, not Taylor.

That's what I expect.  But I've also said that isn't set in stone in the minds at OBD and that Taylor had this year to prove that he could be the long term answer.  He hasn't made the case for that and so as of right now I absolutely expect the Bills will draft a QB in the first and might even let Taylor walk without paying him that option.

That's what I expect, but even though the trendy thing to do here is to speak so definitively about things that aren't set in stone (I've never been a trendy guy.  I'm really behind in the trends... I still use a flip phone.), I'm not going to say that Taylor IS NOT the Franchise QB or that the Bills WILL draft a QB in the first or... because we still have 7 games in a season where we still (somehow) hold the #6 seed in the AFC and despite the fact that our Head Coach has probably his largest window at this moment to bench Taylor in favor of Peterman, McDermott has already stated multiple times without hesitation (watch the PCs... they're really without hesitation) that he believes in Taylor and that Taylor is our starter

NSFW

https://tinyurl.com/qjfk8po

Edited by jmc12290

51 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i'll go ahead and say it for you. Tyrod is not a franchise quarterback

Let’s add 

Never was and never will be.  

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I've been asking for awhile now actually...  what's a Franchise QB?

Everything Taylor is not. 

56 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

giphy.gif

That’s a lousy way to toke up 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

21 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

not a clue what you just said and I don't like watching youtube videos to understand clever points.

I'm sure other people are laughing with you, though :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

A good franchise QB is a distributor of the football to the guys with (much more) athleticism. A lot of the younger QBs have more athleticism than the old guys ever did but you want the ball out quick to the playmakers ASAP after the snap.

Dalton has done well over a long period of time with good coaching and a good supporting cast. Definitely not elite, but good enough for multiple playoff berths and a lot of wins.

Poor SOB broke his thumb making a tackle right at the end of his best season ever and has never been the same since Hue Jackson went to Cleveland. The good news for him is Hue might be right back in Cincy next season, as Marvin Lewis has a lifetime contract and Jackson looks like he is having his inevitable power struggle with a  front office.

So then by your definition, Andy Dalton is a Franchise QB?

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That’s a lousy way to toke up 

every once and a while I like a pipe of smooth captain black...B-)

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oh, gracias.

I'm guessing he was referring to the 4+ minute Youtube video he put up that I'll never watch.

right on

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

not a clue what you just said and I don't like watching youtube videos to understand clever points.

I'm sure other people are laughing with you, though :thumbsup:

So then by your definition, Andy Dalton is a Franchise QB?

All you gotta do is read the name of the video.

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did you just answer my question with a question?

My definition of a franchise QB is someone that can be counted on consistently.  Not every single time but consistently.

Someone that makes the team around better and doesn’t need a perfect circumstance to be successful.   They can play through adversity and not completely **** the bed in tough circumstances.  They elevate others.

They don’t limit your offense to being one dimensional.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did you just answer my question with a question?

I was just curious what your take on the definition was. You can ask 10 people this question and get 10 different answers.

1 hour ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Cot meltdowns coming in 4...3....2.....1 

I'm sorry you failed so hard.    Congrats on all the name calling.   

I think that poster may be realizing that he must come to terms with his obsession flaming out.

Look, stats say one thing but what we see in him is different. Its time to make the change to Peterman based on just these 3 facts alone.

Facts

1.  He has struggled all year long with connecting deep.
  2. He has struggled getting the ball to his WR's
  3. He cant get rid of the ball inside 3 seconds unless its to a HB or TE.