Tyrod 9/17 for 53 yards through 3 quarters. FRANCHISE QB!

BigDingus

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My definition of a franchise QB is someone that can be counted on consistently.  Not every single time but consistently.

Someone that makes the team around better and doesn’t need a perfect circumstance to be successful.   They can play through adversity and not completely **** the bed in tough circumstances.  They elevate others.

They don’t limit your offense to being one dimensional.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I was just curious what your take on the definition was. You can ask 10 people this question and get 10 different answers.

I know, that's the whole reason I asked the question in the first place.

For me, I actually completely and 100% agree with GoBills808 right beneath your post.

5 years and 10 games a year.  Why? Well, because at that point your team has clearly made a commitment to that QB. And I'd say a guy who is been with your team as the starter for half a decade is easily the franchise QB.

That doesn't mean he's great.

Andy Dalton and Joe Flacco our franchise QBs.

And yes, I do still think there's a chance that Taylor is our franchise QB by that definition.

And I think people are about to quibble with that phrasing, but I'll freeze it better, Taylor has a better chance of being our franchise QB then Peterman does. A much better chance. 

And I want to be very clear because I think people believe I would root against him: if I watch Peterman as the Bills starting QB, I will only want him to be successful.

2 hours ago, QCity said:

I'm amused by the fact that after a 56 yd passing performance fans want to ponder the philosophical question "Yeah, but what really is a franchise QB?"

Probably because there are idiots who have to label everyone after every single game.

People are just really, really dumb.

i'm super excited to read what that post brings in terms of responses :flirt:

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I know, that's the whole reason I asked the question in the first place.

For me, I actually completely and 100% agree with GoBills808 right beneath your post.

5 years and 10 games a year.  Why? Well, because at that point your team has clearly made a commitment to that QB. And I'd say a guy who is been with your team as the starter for half a decade is easily the franchise QB.

That doesn't mean he's great.

Andy Dalton and Joe Flacco our franchise QBs.

And yes, I do still think there's a chance that Taylor is our franchise QB by that definition.

And I think people are about to quibble with that phrasing, but I'll freeze it better, Taylor has a better chance of being our franchise QB then Peterman does. A much better chance. 

And I want to be very clear because I think people believe I would root against him: if I watch Peterman as the Bills starting QB, I will only want him to be successful.

Probably because there are idiots who have to label everyone after every single game.

People are just really, really dumb.

i'm super excited to read what that post brings in terms of responses :flirt:

I can get on board with the 5 year criteria mentioned, to an extent. Like mentioned you’d have guys like Dalton and Flacco whom I don’t think are legitimate franchise QBs. It’s just difficult finding a good QB these days that when you feel like you have one you need to commit to him because the alternative can often times he much worse. 

Even using that 5 year criteria I think the chances of Tyrod ever being that guy are very slim. The chances are likely the same for Peterman as well. Pretty soon we can get over this Tyrod debate and embrace the next crop of QBs that we will be choosing one from.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Oh ****!!!

Nice find!

I was going to post Andy Dalton's 5 turnover 170 yards passing game but none of these are going to fly this week.

41 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I can get on board with the 5 year criteria mentioned, to an extent. Like mentioned you’d have guys like Dalton and Flacco whom I don’t think are legitimate franchise QBs. It’s just difficult finding a good QB these days that when you feel like you have one you need to commit to him because the alternative can often times he much worse. 

Even using that 5 year criteria I think the chances of Tyrod ever being that guy are very slim. The chances are likely the same for Peterman as well. Pretty soon we can get over this Tyrod debate and embrace the next crop of QBs that we will be choosing one from.

Brotha I know you think I'm nothing more than a Tyrod homer, but I think you and I are basically looking at the same glass when it comes to him.

It's just that I see that glass half full and you see it half empty 0:)

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not really that simple and this thread isn't about Taylor sucking Sunday, it's about him sucking as a QB.

Everything is just an overall overreaction.

People need to stop with this one game as a definition nonsense. 

What like the thread after he played all right in last week's blowout loss that proclaimed him playing well in defeat "proved" he was a franchise Quarterback?

The Cult danced around that thread like giddy ants for a full week. 

That is what has frustrated me so much since all the way back to the start of last offseason.... neither side in this argument sees that they are behaving exactly like the other side. 

Are the haters prone to exaggeration? Yes, but so is the Cult. 

Are the haters prone to rushing to premature judgments when they see something that fits their agenda? Yes, but so is the Cult. 

Are the haters prone to fixating on the smallest, most obscure metric to attempt to prove their opinion right? Yes, but so is the Cult. 

To have a circular argument that runs this far and this long takes two sides acting equally unreasonably. That is absolutely what we have had. 

Flacco's a FQ as much as Ternt Dilfer was a FQ in Baltimore.  

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What like the thread after he played all right in last week's blowout loss that proclaimed him playing well in defeat "proved" he was a franchise Quarterback?

That is what has frustrated me so much since all the way back to the start of last offseason.... neither side in this argument sees that they are behaving exactly like the other side. 

Are the haters prone to rushing to premature judgments when they see something that fits their agenda? Yes, but so is the Cult. 

Are the haters prone to fixating on the smallest, most obscure metric to attempt to prove their opinion right? Yes, but so is the Cult. 

To have a circular argument that runs this far and this long takes two sides acting equally unreasonably. That is absolutely what we have had. 

:worthy::worthy:

A cult of personality arises when an individual uses mass media, propaganda, or other methods, to create an idealized, heroic, and at times, worshipful image, often through unquestioning flattery and praise. Sociologist Max Weber developed a tripartite classification of authority; the cult of personality holds parallels with what Weber defined as "charismatic authority".

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Danced all over like ants?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never once said Taylor IS a Franchise QB in that thread.

I thought Taylor played really well against the Jets, but he absolutely sucked against the Saints along with the rest of the team and coaches.

He's had too many of those ugly games (3) in comparison to the good games (6). 

I wanted more consistency and we aren't seeing it. We still have 7 more games. If 5 or 6 of our remaining games are good games and we end up in the playoffs, the narrative changes again.

It's why I'm sick of this absolute need to call it before anyone else just to act like you're the first who said it.

A lot of these people who are (rightfully) complaining about Taylor's play Sunday exaggerate it as singularly representative of him as a QB on the whole.

Overreactions are annoying whether one week it's a "Taylor is a Franchise QB" or another week it's "Taylor is NOT a Franchise QB."