Derek Carr Got Hurt Over Anthem Protests

3 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

1st time I heard of her since I don't have instagram and facebook and those type of social media apps.

ButI DID watch her interview on The Breakfast Club on YouTube and thought she was a pretty real woman with her words, UNTIL, she called Buffalo "The Armpit of America".

She lost my respect right then and there. 

Miami is the ‘#%#hole of America’, she must’ve just been passing thru.

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

When did SLAVERY end? 

Jesus...  :wallbash:

I prefer to talk football, but the point seems valid that "when did slavery end" is not a very useful question if conditions that are tantamount to slavery (such as debt peonage) or use torture and murder to intimidate citizens into accepting the status quo, persisted into the '50s, even '60s. 

Here, read this.

I also prefer that you stop whacking your head into the wall.  It serves no useful purpose, and it must be painful for you. 

But....if you wish to persist...you're an id........(tm)

12 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

And yet was so !@#$ing funny is that modern-day progressives are wanting to segregate everything to create instances where there are black safe spaces and white safe spaces and things like that to keep minorities away from whites because of racial inequalities and pussified sensitivities. We're going backwards with all of this **** because people have these little baby feelings and can't grow the !@#$ up

Can someone speak Boyst?  I'm having trouble parsing this to extract meaning.

I think it means that if anyone anywhere wants a bit of space shared only with people "like them" (you know, Elk lodge, BPOE, VFW, Valley Park elevator, SWE meeting, ) it means they are immature and not worthy of being heard and we're all going backwards, but that doesn't seem very sensible as a POV for a very intelligent dude to express, so maybe I need help with the actual meaning.

52 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I prefer to talk football, but the point seems valid that "when did slavery end" is not a very useful question if conditions that are tantamount to slavery (such as debt peonage) or use torture and murder to intimidate citizens into accepting the status quo, persisted into the '50s, even '60s. 

Here, read this.

None of which is ownership of people as property.

And it's abolition that created those conditions, by dumping an illiterate, unskilled population into the workforce that couldn't participate in the socio-economic system in which they lived.  It is not a realistic argument you're making, that abolition perpetuated slavery.  

5 hours ago, JM57 said:

The media (both sides) leads people around like sheep, creating sharper divides and more tribalism, and most people follow right along.

Easy fix.   Turn it off.    

It's nothing more than crack for shut ins and the comfortably numb...

34 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

None of which is ownership of people as property.

And it's abolition that created those conditions, by dumping an illiterate, unskilled population into the workforce that couldn't participate in the socio-economic system in which they lived.  It is not a realistic argument you're making, that abolition perpetuated slavery.  

Um, nowhere did I make the argument that abolition perpetuated slavery.  The fact is that conditions effectively amounting to slavery existed up until much more recently than most people think. 

For the rest, this isn't PPP and I'm not going to go forward with pointing out the fallacies.

Ciao!

19 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Won’t  really know. I guess the only way to know is to make you a slave. And your mother and child too. And let them live as slaves. Then we can ask your grandson how he feels about slavery. Maybe you shouldn’t make dumb comments about things you know nothing about. 

I’m getting sick of the bs on this site. Discuss football. 

My great great great grandma was kidnapped outside of Ellis island in the 1890s and sold into sex slavery

she was only 15

do I get reparations?

28 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Easy fix.   Turn it off.    

It's nothing more than crack for shut ins and the comfortably numb...

I wish.

If there was an easy fix it would have been fixed a long time ago. People WANT to hear this stuff. That’s why the media feeds it to them. The first step to improving the situation is for everyone to stop blaming someone else for the problem and look to themselves. But my observation has been that very few people want the divisions to end. They just want “their side” to win.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, nowhere did I make the argument that abolition perpetuated slavery.  The fact is that conditions effectively amounting to slavery existed up until much more recently than most people think. 

For the rest, this isn't PPP and I'm not going to go forward with pointing out the fallacies.

Ciao!

No, you're not.  I'm making that argument.  Jesus...  :doh:

On 11/10/2017 at 12:58 PM, SoTier said:

Your arguments, I suppose, are from the talking points made by your KKK chapter.   Bigots who want to justify racism  always find a way.  

FYI, since there are about 3 times more non-Hispanic whites in the US than there are blacks, the police should be killing 3 times as many whites as blacks in order for your numbers to represent anything but racist propaganda.

Didn’t take too long to get to kill whitey now did it. 

35 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

This has become one nasty thread.

It always does. Too many people in this world completely unwilling or unable to comprehend a different viewpoint and instead just scream at each other saying I'm right and you're wrong."

Well there's only one thing that can reel this baby back in .... food talk.

Went to a small gathering of friends (former coworkers) last night.

It was dubbed, "Friendsgiving," and we all decided to make Thanksgiving meal-themed appetizers.  I made roasted turkey sliders.  One of the girls made some spinach pastry thing, which was delicious.

But one of the girls made stuffing balls.  Balls of stuffing wrapped in bacon.  Effing delicious, I tell you.

Anyone else have any Thanksgiving meal-themed app ideas???

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well there's only one thing that can reel this baby back in .... food talk.

Went to a small gathering of friends (former coworkers) last night.

It was dubbed, "Friendsgiving," and we all decided to make Thanksgiving meal-themed appetizers.  I made roasted turkey sliders.  One of the girls made some spinach pastry thing, which was delicious.

But one of the girls made stuffing balls.  Balls of stuffing wrapped in bacon.  Effing delicious, I tell you.

Anyone else have any Thanksgiving meal-themed app ideas???

We are pretty traditional.  Our son insists that deviled eggs and black olives make the holiday.

Putting up the outside lights on Tuesday when it cools off a bit here.

5 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

We are pretty traditional.  Our son insists that deviled eggs and black olives make the holiday.

Putting up the outside lights on Tuesday when it cools off a bit here.

I think I'm gonna scale the outside lights back a little this year.  I usually do real garland on the porch rails (draped) and light them myself.  It's a real pain in the ass and the older I get, the more I hate the cold.  Plus, that **** ain't cheap.  We shall see.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I think I'm gonna scale the outside lights back a little this year.  I usually do real garland on the porch rails (draped) and light them myself.  It's a real pain in the ass and the older I get, the more I hate the cold.  Plus, that **** ain't cheap.  We shall see.

Take a look at the laser lights they have at Walmart :) And probably elsewhere. 22 bucks and it projects little red and green dancing lights on your whole house.