Bennett cut (update: claimed by Pats*)

The juice

3 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

This seems incredibly fishy

I agree, and aside from the 4-D chess moves Hoodie has been playing you really have to wonder about some backdoor shenanigans with this. Almost like Bennett and the Pats colluded on this to fake an injury and force his way out of GB so everybody thought he was injured and the Pats could swoop in and get him on waivers.

And given the Pats history of shady dealings the league would be forced to investigate this especially if Bennett magically plays great down the stretch with the Pats.

Since everyone knew he had a shoulder issue, maybe the Pats picked him up knowing this and the results of a physical didn't affect the decision because they already knew this? He also has 2 years left, so this may have also been a plan for not just the short term.

I would bet there were issues behind the scenes with him in GB and they both wanted to cut ties with each over so they mutually agreed on the injury release and GB hoped someone would pick him up.

So let me get this straight, Bennett said the Packer organization was trying to avoid paying him a future year (2018) which became a concern when he elected for surgery against the teams recommendation.

A day after he signs with a new team he is practicing and the surgery is once again on hold.

Who is full of **** here!?