Tyrod Played Vary Well Last Night

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I havent said many good things about Tyrod in the past, to me the past 3 games he has shown big improvements passing the ball and getting WRs involved. He has stood in the pocket and made some real nice throws and hasnmt relied on the checkdown as much. Hopefully he keeps it up. Clay, Benjamin, Matthews and an improving Zay with speedy Thompson looks is starting to look like very good supporting cast.

Edited by BananaB

Its not non sense, you are relying too much on END game totals and completely removing the context of the early parts of the game where the game was at a manageable score. I get your side, but the reality is that Dennisson created a lot of unfavorable spots for the offense with his insistence on bad run calls into the middle of the D Line (their strongest area) in a game where they were blowing up our OL. He constantly put TT and the O in 2nd and 10, 2nd and 13, type positions, and on more than one occasion would run it again on 2nd down to gain little or even lose more yards.

Its not the volume that matters, it was the situation football Dennison really mismanaged badly last night.

From the point the lead was more than 3 he called 4 runs and 30 passes. He was not calling too much run.

It wouldn't have mattered what he called. The o-line sucked worse than I have ever seen a Bills o-line suck. This was beyond any of the **** fests Marrone or Jauron put on the field. They hardly got a hand on a rusher all night let alone a block. It was pathetic.

I am a huge Cordy Glenn fan - he sucked.

Richie? Sucked.

Eric Wood? Lord alive... I'd sue him for breach of contract he basically surrendered in the 2nd quarter.

Ducasse? It would be funny if it wasn't so depressing.

Mills? Totally overmatched.

1) and 4) were just accomplished two weeks ago vs. the Buccaneers 3) I think we already know he's not a QB who's going to carry a team. The Bills are built to win a certain way that's not exactly a revelation.

You point to two games to suggest they are evidence that the ceiling is gone or at least raised. One, there is not sufficient data behind your argument. Two, that aside, look at the evidence over three seasons. Tyrod is not going to somehow become something he is not.

Will he get better at the margins? Sure, yes, why not? Will he suddenly become (or is he now) the answer long term? No.

The Bills have done everything they know to do to minimize Taylor’s weaknesses and play to his strengths. They are not going to change anything now.

If they do not draft a QB (or maybe can’t because one is not available) Tyrod is not going to develop into the answer. The Bills will be mired in 8-8 unless:

1- the D and special teams play at an exceptional level consistently

2 - The Bills find another answer at QB (has to be found in the draft)-

Sadly, the Bills have tried #1 for years and it has not worked. Obviously they have experienced nothing but futility in #2.

It’s really that simple.

From the point the lead was more than 3 he called 4 runs and 30 passes. He was not calling too much run.

It wouldn't have mattered what he called. The o-line sucked worse than I have ever seen a Bills o-line suck. This was beyond any of the **** fests Marrone or Jauron put on the field. They hardly got a hand on a rusher all night let alone a block. It was pathetic.

Richie? Sucked.

Eric Wood? Lord alive... I'd sue him for breach of contract he basically surrendered in the 2nd quarter.

Other than that GB how did you think the OL played? :)

Richie? Sucked.

Yeah no doubt.......case in point chronic underachiever Kony Ealy who hadn't had a sack all season and looked like an All Pro all night versus Glenn.

I think you can't discount the impact of a Thursday night game on a very OLD Bills team........the team in general is old but the OL are really long in the tooth........gotta' be the league's oldest group by a lot.

They played poorly all night but when they came out trying to run the ball in the first series of the second half and got stuffed that took what little starch they had in them out of the team.

Other than that GB how did you think the OL played? :)

Haha. When I went to bed at 4 in the morning I was for cutting all 5 of them

I think you can't discount the impact of a Thursday night game on a very OLD Bills team........the team in general is old but the OL are really long in the tooth........gotta' be the league's oldest group by a lot.

For sure. OL needs an injection of youth.

He did! We called 16 runs all night excluding Tyrod's 2 attempts at backing into the endzone. We called 44 pass plays (though 4 ended up as TT scrambles).

We were 73% pass calls last night. That is not the way this team is built to play.

I actually give Tyrod big credit for completing 29 passes. He had protection 3 times all game by my count.

Ill look into this myself when Im less busy later but Im curious to know how much we passed before garbage time. My eyes told me it wasnt enough but my eyes have been wrong about that before.

Ill look into this myself when Im less busy later but Im curious to know how much we passed before garbage time. My eyes told me it wasnt enough but my eyes have been wrong about that before.

Someone said the numbers at the half were 11-14, 115 yards, 1 TD

In fact it is even more than 73% I forgot to include the 7 sacks. All on called pass plays. It was 76% of the time.

In the first half Taylor passed 14 times (was 11-14 at HT) and was sacked 5 times. 19 called pass plays. We ran 10 times with either McCoy or Tolbert and there was 1 TT keeper on 3rd down (which I wrongly classified as a scramble earlier so total called runs for the game was actually 17 not 16). 11 called run plays. So we were pass heavy even first half.

Second half we did start with the one run, run, pass drive of the whole game. Punted (I'm happy to agree that was a bad series). The Jets got the ball went down and scored to make it 17-7.

From there we went 30 called passes against 4 called runs with the exception of the two sneaks from within the yard line.

Edited by GunnerBill

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/11/3/16602430/analysis-tyrod-taylor-was-not-the-problem-in-thursdays-buffalo-bills-loss-to-new-york-jets

Analysis: Tyrod Taylor was not the problem in Thursday’s Buffalo Bills loss

And I will fight you if you want to argue otherwise

by Dan Lavoie

Edited by transplantbillsfan

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/11/3/16602430/analysis-tyrod-taylor-was-not-the-problem-in-thursdays-buffalo-bills-loss-to-new-york-jets

Analysis: Tyrod Taylor was not the problem in Thursday’s Buffalo Bills loss

And I will fight you if you want to argue otherwise

by Dan Lavoie

Anyone who watched the game (and has a reasonably sound knowledge of football) knows this.....

The behind the QB view on the sacks showed the receivers were not getting any separation. He had a poor game but most of it is on the O line and the guys out running routes.

Edited by Nitro

I see a lot of people criticizing Tyrod as part of the problem last night but I think he played very well and he is improving. There are very few QB's in the league that are going to be able to win a game when the offensive line is being dominated the way ours was last night. When Tyrod had time he was making good decisions and completing passes. He was passing over the middle and did a great job of looking off the defender on the Zay Jones TD pass. He is definitely improving as a QB and as bad as the line was he was keeping us in it early. We had two likely scoring drives stopped because of fumbles by Matthews and O'Leary. I see a lot of people criticizing Tyrod but I think it is more people ready to jump on him as soon as we lose rather than what he actually did on the field. He played a good game and I really don't know what game the people who were criticizing him were watching.

That said there were some things he could have done better. Could have gotten rid of it quicker at times. Even if it was just a throw away. Could have run a lot more than he did. When he did run he did really well for the most part. As Mike Vick said...he has a God given talent. Use it.

Ha ha ha OK no it really didn't, but some of us around here understand what Good QB play looks like, Not just settling on the Best QB play of the drought play, or best QB play he have had in awhile argument

QB play has been on the decline for awhile. Its not just in Buffalo. There are maybe 10 good qbs total, in the world. Then there are about 10 average and the rest are below or very inconsistent. Tyrod is in the upper half of average and trying to move into that good category. If you can agree to that then I can take you seriously.

Tyrod needs everyone around him to play good for him to be good. Besides Brady thats not any different than any of the other qbs in the league today.

Funny, call out. Even Romo seen what we called out.

Question is how many OCs does Tyrod get before we have a competent staff smart enough to see after 3 of them it's not the OC that is the problem.

On to OC #4 because of course it's not Tyrod fault, it's everyone elses just like Trent and Fitz, groundhogs day all over again.

I would like to officially call it Jay Cutler syndrome, I guess we have 2 more OC's to go before we get a QB change. It sucks because McD looks like he could be a very good long term HC but will be fired after 2 more failed OC's.

I would like to officially call it Jay Cutler syndrome, I guess we have 2 more OC's to go before we get a QB change. It sucks because McD looks like he could be a very good long term HC but will be fired after 2 more failed OC's.

You forgot that the last OC became a HC after working with TT too?

Either way Taylor will need to pass the football for yardage and TD's for us to win these next 4 games.

I don't think we have the cap to build a team that is good enough on defense to absorb Taylor's short comings as a QB.

This will be Taylor's 3rd year of no playoffs and being in the bottom 10 in passing yards.

The ultimate goal is winning the super bowl and I don't see Taylor doing that with us or on another team.