What Actually Happened

Jobot

I couldn't make it past the 4th quarter 8min mark... but up until that point I felt that every game changing play unfortunately/unluckily when the Jets way.

1 - EASY Interception opportunity by Bills D that slipped right through our DBs hands, (3 to 7 pts off the board)

2 - Unlucky 'self-inflicted' Fumble at the end of the half that took 3pts off the board (3 pts off the board)

3 - Unfortunate facemask call that would have resulted in a 3rd and 15+ but instead Jets scored a TD on (7 pts off the board)

4 - Nick O'Leary unlucky fumble as the Bills were in field goal range. (3 to 7 points)

These were all very unfortunate plays impacted points. It's also not like saying that yeah but these are 50/50 plays... they were unlucky that 9 times out of 10 should have gone in Buffalo's favor.

The four plays above go Buffalo's way and I think the Bills pull this one out. But YIKES no way we overcome these 4 plays going the Jets favor with the line play last night.

What happened is that the Bills were outplayed and out coached. The Jets identified weaknesses especially on the offensive side of the ball and took advantage of them. The underlying problem with the Bills is that their passing game is anemic. Because the run game was shut down the play action game was non-existent.

The Jets rushing 5 with a spy on Taylor was brilliant on their part. The Bills had no answer for it.

What happened is that the Bills were outplayed and out coached. The Jets identified weaknesses especially on the offensive side of the ball and took advantage of them. The underlying problem with the Bills is that their passing game is anemic. Because the run game was shut down the play action game was non-existent.

The Jets rushing 5 with a spy on Taylor was brilliant on their part. The Bills had no answer for it.

That's right.

On d I saw soft coverage, missed tackles and lots of manhandling right up the middle. Mccown scrambled for a few huge first downs. The team wasn't flying to the ball. They were flat in a short week road game and had no energy and spend a lot of time on the field.

On o- jets rushed 5, which pinned Tyrod in the pocket and bottled up the running game. Toss in the sacks, drops fumbles and inability to get McCoy going. They better figure out how to deal with 5 man fronts, because that's all they are going to see until they can.

I'd swear I was watching the old Rex Ryan "Overload Blitz" scheme last night. The Bills would block with 5 and the Jets sent 6. The Bills would block with six and the Jets would send 7 and so on. Meanwhile, the Jets secondary was in man coverage. The Jets put their best DE (Wilkerson) against the Bills weakest links on that right side and it worked.

It was an embarrassment as a Bills fan to watch that Bills offensive line get destroyed like that and Taylor be under pressure so quickly. The Jets just showed the rest of the league how to shut down the Bills offense.

You would think that the Bills OC would have a worked up game plan in case something like this happened with quick outs /slants to take advantage of that pass rush/man coverage. I hope that McDermott places his boot up the O line coaches backside for that kind of a performance. I don't blame the players for being outcoached.

I couldn't make it past the 4th quarter 8min mark... but up until that point I felt that every game changing play unfortunately/unluckily when the Jets way.

1 - EASY Interception opportunity by Bills D that slipped right through our DBs hands, (3 to 7 pts off the board)

2 - Unlucky 'self-inflicted' Fumble at the end of the half that took 3pts off the board (3 pts off the board)

3 - Unfortunate facemask call that would have resulted in a 3rd and 15+ but instead Jets scored a TD on (7 pts off the board)

4 - Nick O'Leary unlucky fumble as the Bills were in field goal range. (3 to 7 points)

These were all very unfortunate plays impacted points. It's also not like saying that yeah but these are 50/50 plays... they were unlucky that 9 times out of 10 should have gone in Buffalo's favor.

The four plays above go Buffalo's way and I think the Bills pull this one out. But YIKES no way we overcome these 4 plays going the Jets favor with the line play last night.

Although an easy INT, the Bills defence stopped then on the next play and made a TD on their next drive. Irrelevant.

Even with the garbage OL play we still have an opportunity to win if not for those turnovers. At least 6 points taken off on our side, maybe 10 if you're generous. Then at least 7 taken off the Jets' side on the TT fumble. It would've made it a winnable game in spite of the rest of the bad performance.

....hard to stomach that we are 1-3 in the last four Jets games.......

These things are all true.

But also the offensive line was atrocious! Worst Ive ever seen this group play.