ESPN: The Great Tyrod Taylor Debate

YoloinOhio

That's probably one of the dumbest things you've ever posted...and you've got a large catalog from which to choose.

Incredibly, you posted about folks not contributing to the discussion, which of itself was non-contributory, and then you followed it up with this gem.

Your next original thought will be your first. Pipe down.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are they going to Duff's to get quotes from fans? Sounds like a couple of people who have no clue what is going on.

It's pretty easy to find someone in a restaurant "brimming with Bills fans" to put their name on a quote about their Bills quarterback opinion, so it's pretty telling to me that it came from an anonymous "middle aged woman in a Bills sweatshirt".

What a coincidence that her opinion flawlessly meshed into the article's underlying theme!

As the Tyrod debate wages on....I keep going back to my original opinion after halfway through his first season with the Bills and this article essentially sums it up but coming to a very different conclusion. Tyrod is a phenomenal athlete, he is a rare specimen of ability with his strong arm, gifted elusiveness and outright speed at the QB position. He is a good character type guy, a decent leader and someone who very obviously loves the game of football. But.... and it is that huge a*s that stands in the way of things, the "but"....

He struggles to consistently stay in clean pockets (although he has gotten better this year), he just doesn't have the height to see over Offensive and Defensive linemen, he is not a tremendously accurate passer, doesn't anticipate a receiver open well (if at all), and doesn't make audible changes at the line often (again, if at all) that result in positive yardage or plays. In short, he doesn't have the prototypical size / height desired, lacks the elite accuracy I think is truly necessary for long-term viability, doesn't have the chess-match part of the game piece in his mind to adjust at the line, and lacks the pocket presence I think a true "franchise" QB needs to be a great QB over the course of time.

What he DOES do well, is great for a team like Denver or what used to be the Seahawks, or Dallas with a tremendous running game and elite Offensive line...but he won't be that Favre, Brees, Manning type QB - and yes, I know those are greats, including HOFers, but isn't that what we should WANT as a fan base instead of settling for slightly above average in most categories??? Is it ok for this year because they're winning with Defense and the last two games by running the ball effectively?? OF COURSE, but he is not the long-term answer...

Draft a QB, doesn't need to be in the 1st round - see Dak, Cousins, Russ, et. al - but that QB does need to have the smell of franchise QB on him and then let that QB develop - and based on recent articles, that's not on the bench, it's in the trenches facing live fire.....

He does not fit into any mold of an NFL quarterback. Risk adverse who doesn't turn over the ball, but yet he holds onto the ball longer than any other Qb and makes a handful of big chunk plays a game. He is a joy to watch as a fan. i do not care if he runs for first down on third or passes for it. He makes passes from the pocket and outside of it. Imo if he was in a larger market he would be massively popular. If Buffalo makes the playoff I think they could really make some noise. Good run game solid defense and a QB who can make a big play is a dangerous out for anyone.

Great article. TT is a QB you can win with if he has the weapons around him. He hasn't yet. Now he has the D and a #1 WR and a #1 RB--also a #1 TE (clay, when healthy). Lets see what he can do now.

Also, Dennison needs to play to TT's strengths, which is making D's respect his running ability. This will open up passing lanes for him.

Edited by RyanC883

I have lots of friends,and family who live outside of Buffalo who believe Tyrod a great QB.

Why? Because they see the one or two highlight reel specials on TV,and see his lack of turnovers.

There is way more to the position than that. Hes a special athlete,but he’s never going to be a guy you can depend on individually to win you a game.

I’ll hit at 17,keep Tyrod and hope the kid we take is a QB of the future.

I have lots of friends,and family who live outside of Buffalo who believe Tyrod a great QB.

Why? Because they see the one or two highlight reel specials on TV,and see his lack of turnovers.

There is way more to the position than that. Hes a special athlete,but hes never going to be a guy you can depend on individually to win you a game.

Ill hit at 17,keep Tyrod and hope the kid we take is a QB of the future.

And we all look at every other QB in the league's highlights and yards and assume that they must be the sole reason their teams win.