D&C's Mariorana: Bills Have Interesting 2018 TT Decision?

....so would you still pull the trigger on $6 mil roster bonus AND draft a QB in the 1st of 2018 or let him walk?......probably as premature question so far, but the kid is certainly showing signs of improvement....except for the >300 yd yipsters who don't matter......"W's" do period..............

If Tyrod Taylor keeps playing well, Bills have an interesting decision for 2018
Sal Maiorana, @salmaiorana Published 2:57 p.m. ET Oct. 31, 2017 | Updated 5:35 p.m. ET Oct. 31, 2017

ORCHARD PARK – The NFL trading deadline almost passed without incident, but at the very last minute, the Bills made a huge move by acquiring wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin from the Carolina Panthers. This on the heels of the big trade of Marcell Dareus last week.

As for monumental decision-making, that’s pretty much it for general manager Brandon Beane until the start of the 2018 league year in early March because from now until then, there will be just the typical weekly tweaks to the active and practice squad rosters.

But on that third day of the NFL calendar in 2018, the Bills have a whopper of a decision to make: Pay Tyrod Taylor the $6 million roster bonus he will be owed, bumping his salary to $16 million for the year, or move on from the man who has been the starting quarterback since 2015.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2017/10/31/tyrod-taylor-contract-buffalo-bills/818319001/

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring him back, draft a QB in the 1st.

...agree....restructure the roster bonus to make it financially more palatable to bring him back AND still draft a QB in the 2018 1st......Taylor, Peterman & and 1st should make for a very competitive camp IMO......

OK - I will play...........

Who?

What pick?

Do you trade up? With who and how much do you pay?

Who is available?

How are they rated?

I, of course, can't answer that at this point in the college season. But there will undoubtedly be an assortment of 1st round potential, and we should take a shot. We have the picks to fill needs, we'll have a solid nucleus on this team, and there's little downside. If Tyrod plays too well to lose his job, the bench QB will have real trade value. If Tyrod needs to be replaced, we've got as good an option as we can hope for.

OK - I will play...........

Who?

What pick?

Do you trade up? With who and how much do you pay?

Who is available?

How are they rated?

...how much you pay is governed by the rook salary cap...after that, who knows?....2018 was supposed to be THE QB year and so far?......as many variables as every yesteryear....who comes out?...who stays healthy?....who lives up to their hype?......who falls off a cliff?.....sort THAT mess out and you may have a future as an NFL GM..... :thumbsup:

I think for the long term benefit of the franchise you have to bring Tyrod back. $16 million isnt outrageous for a starting QB and he would be the perfect bridge QB to whomever they draft. Tyrod plays smart, doesnt turn the ball over, is a consumate professional and his teammates love him. Not to mention HE IS WINNING GAMES. Why would u get rid of that?

Edited by TallskiWallski83

I think for the long term benefit of the franchise you have to bring Tyrod back. $16 million isnt outrageous for a starting QB and he would be the perfect bridge QB to whomever they draft. Tyrod plays smart, doesnt turn the ball over, is a consumate professional and his teammates love him. Not to mention HE IS WINNING GAMES. Why would u get rid of that?

absolutely agree....renegotiate the roster bonus and STILL draft a QB in the 2018 1st....TT, Peterman and a rook should make for one helluva interesting camp competition IMO....stay tuned..................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

How can you not bring him back? We all know what he is and until better comes along or better said, he is outplayed by a QB on the roster, he needs to stay.

The Bills should be looking to upgrade at QB and every other position on the roster.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

if he keeps playing solid like he is now, and the bills make the playoffs, can you really let him loose? the bills can still draft a qb in the early rounds, and to be honest, 16 mill for a qb contract doesn't seem that outrageous to me at all.