TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They just hired Dennison and installed the Shanahan system, and yet they're still near the bottom (31st) in pass attempts. They were 17th with Trevor Siemian throwing the ball last season.

Stop denying and just face the truth.

We're averaging 5 pass attempts in the 4th quarter per game. You don't think that has anything to do with us getting a lead and then running the clock out?

You don't think Dennison came here and saw our WRs compared to Thomas and Sanders and saw a downgrade, but saw Shady and our OL compared to Denver's and saw an upgrade?

His assessment of Taylor isn't necessarily wrong.

I mean it is... Kelvin Benjamin does apply for being clutch here. I can recall a dropped pass against Carolina that would most likely have won the game.... And Tyrod threw it! So if that was Benjamin he most likely would have come up clutch on a pass from Tyrod and we would only have one loss on the year

I mean it is... Kelvin Benjamin does apply for being clutch here. I can recall a dropped pass against Carolina that would most likely have won the game.... And Tyrod threw it! So if that was Benjamin he most likely would have come up clutch on a pass from Tyrod and we would only have one loss on the year

he's talking about how Taylor doesn't throw into tight coverage and KB not a separation guy.

Not sure what your point is about the Carolina play?

he's talking about how Taylor doesn't throw into tight coverage and KB not a separation guy.

Not sure what your point is about the Carolina play?

Because he is implying that Tyrod can't make throws in clutch situations. He kind retracted from that on his 2nd tweet. But his 2nd tweet makes zero sense... Kelvin is better at the end of games because that's were he gets the most space. Teams don't play man to man so there will not be tight coverage... They play zone. So no idea why he is saying that Benjamin can't make plays in clutch situations because Tyrod doesn't throw into tight coverage... There shouldn't be tight coverage in those situations. If they are then that would just open up the deep ball which would be an epic mistake by the defense.

We're averaging 5 pass attempts in the 4th quarter per game. You don't think that has anything to do with us getting a lead and then running the clock out?

You don't think Dennison came here and saw our WRs compared to Thomas and Sanders and saw a downgrade, but saw Shady and our OL compared to Denver's and saw an upgrade?

Where'd you get that stat?

So you think that Dennison used the exact same offense with Trevor Siemien and Joe Flacco and Tyrod Taylor? I don't know about you, but I can't tell the difference between any of them. All exactly the same.

It's the same system, but obviously he doesn't think much of Taylor as a passer when he has Siemian throwing it much more than Taylor.

It's the same system, but obviously he doesn't think much of Taylor as a passer when he has Siemian throwing it much more than Taylor.

Well, obviously, there are no other variables that could possibly go into how he designs his plays within the system, other than he doesn't think much of Taylor as a passer...

Obviously....

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin traded to Buffalo, source tells ESPN.

MODS: feel free to merge...

Is it just me, or is Cam Newton melting down a bit over this?

Edit: when your team is struggling, and the Brass trades away your top target, I can't exactly blame him

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Because he is implying that Tyrod can't make throws in clutch situations. He kind retracted from that on his 2nd tweet. But his 2nd tweet makes zero sense... Kelvin is better at the end of games because that's were he gets the most space. Teams don't play man to man so there will not be tight coverage... They play zone. So no idea why he is saying that Benjamin can't make plays in clutch situations because Tyrod doesn't throw into tight coverage... There shouldn't be tight coverage in those situations. If they are then that would just open up the deep ball which would be an epic mistake by the defense.

I guess that's fair. I took it as Tyrod isn't a tight window thrower unless he is forced to be and shouldn't expect KB to see the ball much while in man coverage because he's not a separator, which is why I agreed with the assessment.

Thanks.

I wonder where that ranks in the NFL.

idk on overall rank, but I looked at a smattering

Derek Carr: 51/81 - 11.57 per game, 33.75% of his attempts this year have come in the 4th Quarter

Russell Wilson: 47/69 - 9.86 per game, 26.74% of his attempts this year have come in the 4th Quarter

Matt Ryan: 43/67 - 9.57 per game, 28.88% of his attempts this year have come in the 4th Quarter

Trevor Siemian: 42/65 - 9.29 per game, 26.32% of his attempts this year have come in the 4th Quarter

Deshaun Watson: 33/58 - 8.29 per game, 28.43% of his attempts this year have come in the 4th Quarter

Alex Smith: 39/66 - 8.25 per game, 25.48% of his attempts this year have come in the 4th Quarter

Carson Wentz: 37/61 - 7.63 per game, 23.11% of his attempts this year have come in the 4th Quarter

Jared Goff: 22/45 - 6.43 per game, 20.18% of his attempts this year have come in the 4th Quarter

Tyrod Taylor: 27/37 - 5.29 per game, 18.88% of his attempts this year have come in the 4th Quarter

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin traded to Buffalo, source tells ESPN.

MODS: feel free to merge...

I will say this. The Panthers have had their ups and downs. The scuttlebut on Marty Hurney has been that he mis-managed the Panthers cap the first time through.

If the Panthers passing game is similar or better with Benjamin gone, OK. But if it falls off big time - he will most definitely be second-guessed.