Patriots trade Jimmy Garoppolo to SF

Hoodie is playing 4D chess, don't be surprised if this is a precursor to a bigger move.

Hope Beane is ready to counter strike whatever the Pats are about to pull off.

Ha! Belicheat is a GREAT coach, and an OK GM.

If another team's GM took a crap in Belicheat's mouth, I'm sure some of you would say, "What a genius! BB stole nutrition from that GM and gave up nothing. Why can't our GM get guys to crap in his mouth?"

Jimmy G had value. BB could have saved him, or traded him. We'll see how this trade works out. If Brady gets hurt, but only say for 4-5 games, and the Pats* lost those games and miss the playoffs, then it was a bad move. If they turn the draft pick into something special, and Brady lasts a while, perhaps it was a good move. But right now, it's just a trade.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm apparently one of the few who thought JG was going to be a very good QB...I'm super happy he's no longer with NE...Watch him him turn around the 49ers organisation in a couple of years

From the pats point of view, I agree with those who say their only goal is to win the SB...if Brady goes down this year, they're not winning it...with JG or anyone else....so it makes sense to get a 2nd rounder....

Edited by Iron Maiden

Making sense of the Jimmy Garoppolo stunner

Tom E. Curran

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/making-sense-new-england-patriots-san-francisco-49ers-jimmy-garoppolo-stunner

Brady wins. He is signed through 2019 at which point he'll be 42 years old. The Patriots almost certainly won't move on from him before then (I've been wrong before) and he will then have the luxury of deciding if he wants to continue past his 20th NFL season. At that point, Rob Gronkowski's and Julian Edelman's contracts will also be up. It has always seemed a likely time for a dismount.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Not that I would wish injury on a player, but I have to say, what if Brady gets hurt? There is no other QB on New England's roster, not on the 53 man roster, not on the practice squad, not on their injured reserve. They will need to sign a free agent off the street. It would serve Belichick right for trading his backup QB.

Pat's will bring Hoyer back

They don't need to ... by trading both of Brady's backups it must mean that the Brady clones are ready to play now.

In their next game a battered and bloody Brady will be carted to the locker room only to have a fresh and healthy Brady clone back on the field on the next possession.

They don't need to ... by trading both of Brady's backups it must mean that the Brady clones are ready to play now.

In their next game a battered and bloody Brady will be carted to the locker room only to have a fresh and healthy Brady clone back on the field on the next possession.

I think you've cracked the code!!!!