Grab TY Hilton

The juice

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest concern I see with picking up any WR/TE is the time it takes to build up a relationship with the QB. You're not likely to get good value back for him this season. Even when the Bills picked up Loften mid-early season, he didn't do all that much the 1st year. Think that may be part of the problem today with Mathews too. Think that's the position that takes the most time to jell.

Biggest concern I see with picking up any WR/TE is the time it takes to build up a relationship with the QB. You're not likely to get good value back for him this season. Even when the Bills picked up Loften mid-early season, he didn't do all that much the 1st year. Think that may be part of the problem today with Mathews too. Think that's the position that takes the most time to jell.

Yeah, but he had zero drops. ;-)

Spotrac predicted a 4th

I don't buy that for a minute. He has averaged 1200 yards and 6 TDs through the past 4 seasons. Not a chance you get a receiver like that for a 4th.

Reggie Ragland was moved for a 4th and never played a snap and was coming off a shredded knee!

Sammy was moved for a 2nd & player, Cooks a 1st and neither are as good as TY.

If you could get him for a 4th, you HAVE to make that trade.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

I don't buy that for a minute. He has averaged 1200 yards and 6 TDs through the past 4 seasons. Not a chance you get a receiver like that for a 4th.

Reggie Ragland was moved for a 4th and never played a snap and was coming off a shredded knee!

Sammy was moved for a 2nd & player, Cooks a 1st and neither are as good as TY.

If you could get him for a 4th, you HAVE to make that trade.

New England got Randy Moss for a 5th and Moss is a HOFer... Edited by matter2003

$11-14 million is pretty much the going rate for a top tier, but not elite receiver.

Antonio Brown is $17 million, and OBJ might break that this offseason.

Yes he's certainly got talent commensurate with the money I suppose. I can recall him breaking off several 200+ yard games paired with Luck. He still just appears streaky to me; I have to dig into his game log though and actually look I could be way off.

It's a talent driven league, I don't think the contract, which is fair and reasonable for his production, is that big of a deal.

I don't think anyone gives them enough compensation to make this deal go through.

Teams are definitely willing to give up more for a player if they cost less and have relatively similar talent. TY costs 6.67X what Cooks does this year. It matters.

Teams are definitely willing to give up more for a player if they cost less and have relatively similar talent. TY costs 6.67X what Cooks does this year. It matters.

To a team with tons of cap room, it matters little. His contract is not out of line.

Anyway, I don't think any deal gets done. He's worth a 1st round pick and change and no team wants to give up that kind of currency for a wide receiver.

Edited by TheElectricCompany