Grab TY Hilton

The juice

I doubt there is a team that would give the Colts anything more than a 4th rounder for that player with that contract, especially the Buffalo Bills. No way this team is going to invest 40 million dollars into 800 yards and 6 TDs. It is not the way this team is built. Besides that, McD is not going to inherit a player who has been coached by the likes of Chuck Pagano mid season without knowing the person and having a chance to talk to him about culture and his team outlook. If you havent learned that McD and Beane are not only interested in numbers than I don't know what to say. This team is going with Jones, Matthews, Holmes, DT, Clay, and Oleary.

When the Bills moved Sammy, I think it was clear that they didn't feel a high priced WR, which he'll likely be in 2018, was necessary.

They'll prioritize other positions with their draft picks and dollars, which is fine.

As a hypothetical, if you could get TY Hilton for a 4th (which is insane for the Colts), you HAVE to make that trade.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Bills moved Sammy, I think it was clear that they didn't feel a high priced WR, which he'll likely be in 2018, was necessary.

They'll prioritize other positions with their draft picks and dollars, which is fine.

As a hypothetic, if you could get TY Hilton for a 4th, you HAVE to make that trade.

I agree Hilton is worth getting for a 4th Rounder. Yet not sure how much he fits in what the Bills are trying to do on offense. As we're trying to build a WCO based offense which usually relies on timing and WRs with size which aren't exactly what he brings to the table. Instead I think a guy like Moncrief from the Colts better suits this team.

As a hypothetic, if you could get TY Hilton for a 4th, you HAVE to make that trade.

McD and Beane wont take him for free because of the contract. They might take him if the Colts to pay for half of the rest of his salary or give them a third or fourth to take on his salary ala Brock Osweiler...

Until the Bills have a QB that can actually be trusted to throw the ball more than 10 times a game, there is no sense in acquiring a WR making 10+ mil a year.

Just stick with what they have at WR for now, and then maybe address it in the off-season depending on the QB for 2018.

I agree Hilton is worth getting for a 4th Rounder. Yet not sure how much he fits in what the Bills are trying to do on offense. As we're trying to build a WCO based offense which usually relies on timing and WRs with size which aren't exactly what he brings to the table. Instead I think a guy like Moncrief from the Colts better suits this team.

I didn't realize our offense was so special that we couldn't utilize one of the best deep threats in the game.

Let's not kid ourselves, he would be a big upgrade for this team.

I didn't realize our offense was so special that we couldn't utilize one of the best deep threats in the game.

Let's not kid ourselves, he would be a big upgrade for this team.

Couldn't agree more... Moncrief is JAG, Hilton is a legit #1. His contract isn't bad at all in terms of cap hit. He may not be open to a restructure now, but I'm sure by the last year of the deal, (when the cap hit is the largest), he will be open to an extension/restructuring. If a 4th, or 2019 3rd, get it done, then get it done. I am all about building draft capital, but there is still enough time in the season that TY can come in, run some basic routes, and have the playbook digested by the time this team is rolling into December, and it's first legitimate playoff push.

The goal is to win a SuperBowl. This defense is ready... You get TY Hilton, Clay back, and Matthews now getting back to 100% & familiar with the playbook; all you need to add is a capable back up incase Shady goes down (Devontae Booker!), then buckle up and get your popcorn ready... for real this time.

Edited by ThunderGun

Oh jeez. There isn't a hypothetical in the world where Donte Moncrief is better suited for any type of offense over TY Hilton. You've gotta be kidding me. TY Hilton is a legit #1 WR in the NFL. Period. Moncrief is not. Moncrief is the exact kind of player we need an upgrade from to help this passing attack.

Do you agree that a 10+ mil WR on a team that doesn't utilize its WR much(even Sammy when he was here) would be a waste?

No....I actually agree with you there

Its the whole ten pass a game thing.....we both know that even though this is a run dom team that 10 passes a game is not true

Oh jeez. There isn't a hypothetical in the world where Donte Moncrief is better suited for any type of offense over TY Hilton. You've gotta be kidding me. TY Hilton is a legit #1 WR in the NFL. Period. Moncrief is not. Moncrief is the exact kind of player we need an upgrade from to help this passing attack.

Moncreif reminds me a lot of Robert Woods