This DL is in shambles

GreggTX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen our run defense ranking? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But Marcel was a huge part of that...............

from the bench playing sparingly over 5 games

No doubt interior DL is going to be a top priority in the off-season, however I do believe the current group will be able to hold their own in the mean time.

I have a feeling that this front office aren't going to use all these extra picks to move up and get the best QB available, but plan on using a bunch of them to restock some of the areas that they traded from for guys that fit the team they are building better. Expect them going after their top rated QB, but also expect WR and DT taken early too

Worthy and Thornton are doing just fine for themselves.

So is Kyle. I also believe Shaq will be kicked inside with Davis/Alexander able to play DE.. Washington has potential,needs to be more consistent though.. Dareus was barely out there and had barely any impact! We had 1 bad outing on defense.. we're # 1 in t.o differential ,# 4 in ppg, # 6 in rush D ..

But Marcel was a huge part of that...............

from the bench playing sparingly over 5 games

I have a feeling that this front office aren't going to use all these extra picks to move up and get the best QB available, but plan on using a bunch of them to restock some of the areas that they traded from for guys that fit the team they are building better. Expect them going after their top rated QB, but also expect WR and DT taken early too

I think if Taylor balls out, we keep him , continue to evolve the O with this scheme, our OL and depth is fantastic..

IF Taylor has a good year , we have 6 picks in 3 rds to add to this team which can potentially create a powerhouses for years to come..

We re-sign Gaines, potentially add another CB and the secondary is phenomenal for years to come.

If Humber and Milano continue to ball out, LB is in great shape, DE is in great shape, Hughes looks elite, Shaq looks above average,Davis looks like he can play, add a highly rated DT/LB and maybe a FA of both positions and we are set on D for years..

Jones/Thompson at WR ,we have to see how they finish the year but if one can emerge as a consistent option , add a highly rated rookie/FA , add a highly rated rookie/FA at RB, RG and we are set on O..

I feel we are set at TE with Clay/O'Leary and potentially Thomas .

Point is we have a ton of talent,way more depth then we all expected and a ton of flexibility in FA and the draft. This team can be a powerhouse for years to come, let's see how the season plays out but I'm super excited in the direction we are headed

This might be Kyles last season , Adolphus Washington a ? mark .

This is a concern. But, the way this management has operated, did anyone really believe Dareus would be here next year? Answer: No.

My biggest question is only a 6th? 6th rounds picks have a low chance of making a team in the NFL--not much value in return, other than the cap money saved.

This is a concern. But, the way this management has operated, did anyone really believe Dareus would be here next year? Answer: No.

My biggest question is only a 6th? 6th rounds picks have a low chance of making a team in the NFL--not much value in return, other than the cap money saved.

I feel like we could find a 6th rounder that only takes 30% of the snaps. That's about where dareus was at for playing time.

People saying Shaq is a disappointment do not understand he was never going to be Khalil Mack. Due to last year's injuries that plagued him he is also basically a rookie. He has been solid against the run and the sacks will come. I saw someone compare him to Carlos Dunlop of Cincy and that was a great comparison. He will be a very solid player in this league for years to come.

You can do a lot with $54 million. (http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/29701/bills-save-54-million-in-cap-space-in-dumping-marcell-dareus-contract)

A helluva lot more than Dareus was doing.... 8 tackles.

Thornton has 9.

When I see people posting tackles as the end all for DT's stats they have zero idea what a DT is.

When I see people posting tackles as the end all for DT's stats they have zero idea what a DT is.

When I see people posting 'tackles schmackles' posts, I suspect their understanding of what causes an offensive play to end.

I'm a bit too gentile to use the qualifier 'zero', but it's possible you may catch on.

I saw the same 'argument' about Mario Williams in his last year and many other conclusive has-beens.

You don't make tackles, you won't be in this league for much longer.

You can get an appropriately priced sand bag at Home Depot and it doesn't even wear a Captain's hat or get suspended.

This is wvhere NE should have had the mindset. That Tom Brady guy wont last

When I see people posting 'tackles schmackles' posts, I suspect their understanding of what causes an offensive play to end.

I'm a bit too gentile to use the qualifier 'zero', but it's possible you may catch on.

I saw the same 'argument' about Mario Williams in his last year and many other conclusive has-beens.

You don't make tackles, you won't be in this league for much longer.

You can get an appropriately priced sand bag at Home Depot and it doesn't even wear a Captain's hat or get suspended.

You posted the stats not me, it's 100% the worst and wrong way to evaluate a DT. Not sure how Mario got brought into the topic? A DE and DT is like comparing a O-line man to a TE.

You need to understand the term Anchor for a DT. if your bored go google HOF DT and look up your all important tackle stat. You will see they might average 40-50 tackles a year. Basing tackles to a DT as an important stat is flat out wrong.

Edited by Real McCoy

Yeah we will sorely miss our 20 snap a game 96 mill player...his 10 sack season 5 of them came from one game vs Washington big deal

Yeah we will sorely miss our 20 snap a game 96 mill player...his 10 sack season 5 of them came from one game vs Washington big deal....he got payed and layed down