Brandon Beane already top 3 worst GM's in bills history

Yeezus

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NFLResearch

Brandon Beane has re-shaped the Bills roster since taking over as the Bills GM in May

DNLnYA0VAAArDx5.jpg

7:28 PM - 27 Oct 2017

Like everyone, I'm disappointed - no, make that disgusted - that we didn't get more than a 6th round pick for Dareus, a 3rd overall pick.

But, believe it or not, the trade I'm most disappointed with is Cardale. A 4th round, 6' 5", 250# QB with tons of potential just waiting to be developed, traded for a 7th round pick? I'm betting this one's gonna bite us in the ass.

(OTOH, they say he cried "tears of joy" after being traded to LA, so maybe he didn't want to be here.)

We'll just have to wait and see what Beane/McDermott.do with all these draft picks, to definitively evaluate the outcome of this housecleaning, no?

Like everyone, I'm disappointed - no, make that disgusted - that we didn't get more than a 6th round pick for Dareus, a 3rd overall pick.

But, believe it or not, the trade I'm most disappointed with is Cardale. A 4th round, 6' 5", 250# QB with tons of potential just waiting to be developed, traded for a 7th round pick? I'm betting this one's gonna bite us in the ass.

(OTOH, they say he cried "tears of joy" after being traded to LA, so maybe he didn't want to be here.)

We'll just have to wait and see what Beane/McDermott.do with all these draft picks, to definitively evaluate the outcome of this housecleaning, no?

Long time no see, senator

Blame Whaley for having to dump over 50 million dollars of horiffivally bad contract. This is Beanes finest and smartest move as the Bills GM yet..

No doubt. Its not as if Dareus was contributing in a major way anymore anyways. Beane and McD pumped up his snaps last week in a predictable move to showcase him to trading partners, just like they did with Watkins in the preseason.

Blame Whaley for having to dump Dareus, and over 50 million dollars worth is of a horrifically bad contract. This is Beanes finest and smartest move as the Bills GM yet..

As others have said, it's 'addition by subtraction'.

No doubt it was necessary, but wish we had gotten more than a 6th.

As others have said, it's 'addition by subtraction'.

No doubt it was necessary, but wish we had gotten more than a 6th.

Definitely disappointed in the return. Maybe that is telling though - MD must not be regarded very highly across the league.

You listen to Sal and the fans yesterday and they immediately jumped to Dareus not fitting in, being a bad example, too much salary, not buying into "the system" - fans calling up and talking about McDermott has changed the culture and direction. 100% support the move.

I do agree that the team works harder than under Ryan, that it's more about the team, and doing your job.

But they are 4-2, not 8-2. Basically we've seen this model of gutting talented players who make money before with McDaniels Broncos, Mangini's Browns. That's what Beane has done here. Saving numerous large contracts, at the expense of top talent. We better hope that 2018 is a Draft for the ages.

It's really early to say Beane and McDermott have turned it around when this team has paper thin depth everywhere. As the year gets deeper, the intensity picks up, injuries mount and this is where the Bills usually fade. They now have next to nothing to show for the last 7 Drafts outside of the 2017 Draft.

You listen to Sal and the fans yesterday and they immediately jumped to Dareus not fitting in, being a bad example, too much salary, not buying into "the system" - fans calling up and talking about McDermott has changed the culture and direction. 100% support the move.

I do agree that the team works harder than under Ryan, that it's more about the team, and doing your job.

But they are 4-2, not 8-2. Basically we've seen this model of gutting talented players who make money before with McDaniels Broncos, Mangini's Browns. That's what Beane has done here. Saving numerous large contracts, at the expense of top talent. We better hope that 2018 is a Draft for the ages.

It's really early to say Beane and McDermott have turned it around when this team has paper thin depth everywhere. As the year gets deeper, the intensity picks up, injuries mount and this is where the Bills usually fade. They now have next to nothing to show for the last 7 Drafts outside of the 2017 Draft.

I think people need to get off this "top talent" stuff when talking about Dareus. Before he signed his big deal, he showed top talent play. But since? No.

The three biggest deals thus far are Sammy, Gilmore, and Dareus. Sammy is a decoy in LA, Gilmore was playing poorly in NE before he got hurt. Now we'll see about Dareus. But maybe, just maybe, McD and Beane know what they're doing.

Its funny. Almost every objective take on this team has been positive.

Starting with how they are playing on the field...it hasnt been perfect but its been certainly improved. We see less mistakes, better communication, even better tackling.

The players seem genuinely excited to be there and play for one another.

All this while clearing cap space and accumulating picks.

So basically we have improved product on field now and improved prospects in the future because. But yeah, Beane and McDermott are mouth breathers. 🤦‍♂

If you don't love what Beane and McD have done to this organization in a remarkably short time, I just can't help you...

I like what they have done. I love that they seem to have a plan. As ever the test is how they execute and FA in March then the draft in April will be the big tests of how they are going to shape this organisation for the long term.