Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

How is it dense to suggest that per capita the chance of being killed by a cop int he US is 3x what it is in canada or england. Are cops interacting with their citizens 3x less? Also worth mentioning those two countries rates are high when compared with other developed nations

it is dense because the usa has major ghetto areas w crime much higher than in Canada. the cops could just turn super careful---then the amt of civilians(mostly poor people in drug afflicted areas) would get killed at a much greater rate by the criminals the [police don't go after. Edited by Tcali

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of circular reasoning here. You guys call Trump and his supporters racist, therefore whatever they say is racist. And the way we know they're racist is because of what they said. And we know what they said is racist because they said it.

Um no. Not even close.

So basically you can't say anything to or about a black guy that could be interpreted as a negative without it being racist?

Take race out completely whats the upside of using the phrase?

Its not simplifying a more complex concept

Its not an economy of words

Its just a way to sound cutesy while putting down someone lower on the ladder than you. Im not running to HR about it, and Im not losing sleep.... but Id venture that the type of manager that leans on phrases like this probably isnt hitting it out of the ballpark in making employees feel valued.

Edited by NoSaint

BREAKING: A bunch of middle age white guys from smalltown USA agrees that old white guy's statements to young black men is not offensive. Developing story.

In other news, a bunch of guilty white sanctimonious, social justice douche bags have come out in force to defend their pet victims from perceived micro-aggressions, proving to everyone how kind, caring, and compassionate they are.

Says who? A white guy from Smalltown USA?

Unlike most conservatives, I've spent my life living in large multi-cultural cities. I've seen the nuance that folks that have never moved outside of my 1000 person town can't possibly comprehend.

Edited by BullBuchanan

In other news, a bunch of guilty white sanctimonious, social justice douche bags have come out in force to defend their pet victims from perceived micro-aggressions, proving to everyone how kind, caring, and compassionate they are.

the virtue signallers

Its just a way to sound cutesy while putting down someone lower on the ladder than you. Im not running to HR about it, and Im not losing sleep.... but Id venture that the type of manager that leans on phrases like this probably isnt hitting it out of the ballpark in making employees feel valued.

I don't necessarily think people need to analyze their every sentence to make sure it has upside. Nor should they do so to make sure they don't utter a fairly innocuous statement for fear they might offend the fragile sensibilities of a handful of grievance seeking pussies.

He said he's sorry. At this point, it's a dog and pony show for eyeballs and clicks.

The players don't accept his apology? What losers.

Unlike most conservatives, I've spent my life living in large multi-cultural cities. I've seen the nuance that folks that have never moved outside of my 1000 person town can't possibly comprehend.

The 2017 version of "I have black friends."

Edited by jmc12290

What it means is they don't get the benefit of the doubt for a racist comment being an innocuous error.

Anyone calling that a racist comment should shampoo my crotch.

Of course. Who cares? I have. Endless times. Trump has said racist things for decades, done racist things for decades, said racist things recently, done racist things recently. It could be that he is a racist. Maybe not.

I'm guessing you hold his predecessor to a much more relaxed standard.

He said he's sorry. At this point, it's a dog and pony show for eyeballs and clicks.

And an apology is fine enough by me. I agree that people escalate things to level 10 unnecessarily.

Though if he tried to skate by with some made up version of what happened - thats not an actual apology. (And I wouldnt boycott but if my manager started into making things up to defend himself Id probably start peeking at job listings)

The apology was hollow and was coupled with a lie about what he was actually talking about. Plus, McNair is a major supporter of a reality tv show host-turned politician who has made his political fortune by exploiting and stoking racial resentment. Hes not going to get the benefit of the doubt in this arena.

And an apology is fine enough by me. I agree that people escalate things to level 10 unnecessarily.

Though if he tried to skate by with some made up version of what happened - thats not an actual apology. (And I wouldnt boycott but if my manager started into making things up to defend himself Id probably start peeking at job listings)

The same players who believed that racial injustice was a cause worthy of kneeling for also believe their owner using an idiom is also a cause worthy of kneeling for.

Laugh out loud funny. Racial injustice and some white 90 year old using a common turn of phrase that hurt their fee fees.

The apology was hollow and was coupled with a lie about what he was actually talking about. Plus, McNair is a major supporter of a reality tv show host-turned politician who has made his political fortune by exploiting and stoking racial resentment. Hes not going to get the benefit of the doubt in this arena.

I don't care who he supported. Unless everybody who supported the communist is better off dead than red and everybody who supported the criminal is a traitor/terrible liar/probably looks gross in a pant suit.

You have the strangest world-view and belief system.

If you are honest with yourself, and what you say, and you take things individually, each one, as they come, and decide each time depending on your own beliefs and knowledge, that is what you get. When you are full of crap, and you only think one way or most always take one side, or don't take them individually, you are consistent.

McNair has been a major contributor to Trump and the GOP, both have which made stoking racial grievances their bread and butter. Dont think that hasnt been noticed by the players, or that it isnt an important part of the context here.

This is not a compelling argument, and quite frankly is completely tone deaf.

The notion that because someone supports the President that it is reasonable to assume a default position of racism, and to then seek to burden this person with accusations of racism over benign language with a two century history of having zero racial undertones is ugly, intellectually lazy, immoral, and detrimental to the fabric of the country.

It is also further evidence of a political left bent on fascism and the destruction of the democratic process.

The same players who believed that racial injustice was a cause worthy of kneeling for also believe their owner using an idiom is also a cause worthy of kneeling for.

Laugh out loud funny. Racial injustice and some white 90 year old using a common turn of phrase that hurt their fee fees.

You dont know what an idiom is, do you? You should probably stop (mis)using the word.

I live in Atlanta. I am tired of recounting this because it sounds at some point like “I have black friends”, but I spend most days at a park where I’m the only white guy to show up for days at a time. Racism is real, and finding racism where it doesn’t exist is also real. Even the guys at the park are mostly on board with that.

To own a company and have the employees tell you how to run it is total BS. Oh, and that includes the white employees too. Tony Gonzales seemed to get that in the pre-game today. It’s NOT about skin color, even if you want to pretend it is to gain an (unfair/cheap) advantage. Employer > Employee.

The notion that because someone supports the President that it is reasonable to assume a default position of racism, and to then seek to burden this person with accusations of racism over benign language with a two century history of having zero racial undertones is ugly, intellectually lazy, immoral, and detrimental to the fabric of the country.

It is also further evidence of a political left bent on fascism and the destruction of the democratic process.

And yet if you have seen the same guy say dumb or insensitive things a bunch of other times before, you don't make an ill-informed comment and analogy like yours.

Pretty much every word in this post is wrong. Not surprising, though.

You dont know what an idiom is, do you? You should probably stop (mis)using the word.

Oh Mr. Webster's about to break out the dictionary. Did I hurt your feelings too?

If you are honest with yourself, and what you say, and you take things individually, each one, as they come, and decide each time depending on your own beliefs and knowledge, that is what you get. When you are full of crap, and you only think one way or most always take one side, or don't take them individually, you are consistent.

I've just never met anybody who believes "everybody's racist," "I'm racist" and then says "The President says racist things!" as some kind of ground-breaking revelation.

Internal belief systems can be consistent. You just have to be honest with yourself.

Pretty much every word in this post is wrong. Not surprising, though.

You're perfectly entitled to your terrible opinions.

I'll simply tell you that your entire thought process is why you're going to have 8 years of President Trump, and continued stacks of 4 year blocks of various stripes of Republican successors, until you (the larger you) stop behaving like this.

Oh Mr. Webster's about to break out the dictionary. Did I hurt your feelings too?

I've just never met anybody who believes "everybody's racist," "I'm racist" and then says "The President says racist things!" as some kind of ground-breaking revelation.

Internal belief systems can be consistent. You just have to be honest with yourself.

I never said everyone's racist in a bad way and don't believe it. I say I am racist because by definition I am, I favor minorities because I think they have got a bum deal and need people to give them the benefit of the doubt because there are a lot of racists. I think that is a completely different thing than a racist in the normal understanding, hurting minorities.

A snob AND no intellectual integrity.Congrats.

To own a company and have the employees tell you how to run it is total BS.

Not sure where you work, but this hasn't been true for a long time at the broader scale. When you're highly skilled and the company depends on that skill to be successful, most successful owners will try to understand where their employees are coming from and when possible work with them to resolve their issues. When they don't, the best talent leaves and the company suffers. Not sure how much of a hurry Duane Brown will be in to re-sign if he has other equal offers.

Probably true, but hey welcome to the real fu$€in' world, you know? How many of us work or have worked in jobs where this was common? Big deal, no one cares. Go own the business or find another job if you don't like it. Crying that it's racist is just such an overreaction. Employees not feeling valued isnt what's being alleged here.