Boldin: "Why I Quit Football for Activism" - Wants to Play

That post was ONLY in reference to Boyst2Men. Not at all to the overall story.

..thanks for clarification.....I still think he bailed on Buffalo and his reasons/mea culpas are NOT genuine......maybe the Sammy trade was not announced, but you signed a deal with ZERO contingencies as far as roster moves is what I'm saying.....unless he had an "out clause" that said "subject to MY approval of any and all roster moves"..um right...............

Not sure there is much of a market for Boldin. Boldin is 37 coming off of his least productive season. I am sure some team would have been willing to give him a contract at the league minimum but what team is going to want to trade a 7th round pick for him at 2.5 million? I think a team would rather take on one of the other veterans out on the market for less money and not having to give up a draft pick.

I think the Bills did the right thing letting him test the market without letting him walk for nothing. Boldin quit on the team for good or bad reasons but the Bills shouldn't let him leave for greener pastures without seeking something in return.

..thanks for clarification.....I still think he bailed on Buffalo and his reasons/mea culpas are NOT genuine......maybe the Sammy trade was not announced, but you signed a deal with ZERO contingencies as far as roster moves is what I'm saying.....unless he had an "out clause" that said "subject to MY approval of any and all roster moves"..um right...............

True. But don't the Bills have the right to just cut him any time during the preseason for no reason or warning and ruin his plans and no one thinks anything of it other than they thought they wanted him but don't anymore?

IMO it's best not to let others drag you down into behaving in a way you normally would not, if it can be avoided. Karma's a B word.

So the answer is to let a player walk all over you? Sorry. But you're right, karma is a B-word. Mr. Boldin is learning that lesson.

"Spare me these types of non-profits.." So which players are not under that umbrella when you denounce them in a blanket statement knowing nothing about them.

I agree a disgusting proportion of money from foundations is stolen or misused or misappropriated, don't get me wrong. But a ton of them do great stuff, too.

this is 2017, brah-ski. If 3 out of 43 are bad then they're all bad. They're all !@#$in Hitler, actually

True. But don't the Bills have the right to just cut him any time during the preseason for no reason or warning and ruin his plans and no one thinks anything of it other than they thought they wanted him but don't anymore?

Yes, but that's part of the CBA.

@WGR550

Beane- If we can do something that's a win-win [for us and Boldin] we'll do it, I wouldn't expect anything

@MatthewFairburn

Brandon Beane said he has no plans to release Anquan Boldin. Hadn't discussed Boldin returning to Buffalo, either.

@NickVeronica

Brandon Beane says #Bills and Boldin haven't discussed a return to Buffalo, but "never say never."

So the answer is to let a player walk all over you? Sorry. But you're right, karma is a B-word. Mr. Boldin is learning that lesson.

Did the spell check really change "bitc#" to "b-word"? :lol: I know I didn't type "b-word" and I doubt you did, either.

Anyway, I don't see letting a guy seek a trade as "walking all over you". Getting most ANYTHING for Boldin is better than nothing (since he is of no value to the Bills, otherwise), just for spite. This is particularly true when the Bills can approve, or deny, any trade. No precedent, that must be repeated, is set here.

I also can see subtlety and nuance---everything isn't black and white. If there is some Karmic punishment to be dealt to Boldin, it isn't the Bills duty or responsibility to judge or administer. I think they are best served by working to help make the team better. If they can help another in the process, and help (or at least negatively impact) their own progress, why not do both?