PFF 2017 QB rankings - Taylor # 7!

JerseyBills

But why would Peterman or drafting a QB hurt? More competition at the games most important position to me, isn't a bad thing. Load up the offense with weapons in the offseason and let the QBs compete. Let's get better at every position instead of being okay with what we have. Tyrod has most certainly flashed in some games and if, with a new set of weapons he wins the competition, he can be the guy. But the offense has been too inconsistent for me. You can blame the o-line or the running game but franchise QBs rise above a struggling run game. We can see how it plays out but I haven't seen enough consistency from Tyrod to be comfortable with what we have at QB. Maybe it's his weapons? We shall see

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just let him play his style of game. Quit expecting him to be something he's not. He's a guy that manages a game, is careful with the ball, and presents a somewhat unique threat with his mobility and running. Why try and force him to play a style that doesn't play to his strengths?

With him at QB they will rarely be out of games, especially the way the D plays. And if he can come up with some more fourth quarter efforts like he did Sunday great.

That said, I still believe Peterman starts next year. More upside. And that they'll draft a guy in round 1 or 2.

If this team keeps winning, we make the playoffs and Taylor keeps playing like he did against NYJ/DEN/ATL/TB, I'd say there's very little chance Taylor isn't our starter game 1 of 2018 with a young drafted rookie learning on the bench.

So are you agreeing that if those things happen, your prediction that Peterman wlll be the 2018 starter is off base?

Was your post saying you expect Peterman to be the starter predicated on all those unsaid "ifs" of us losing, not making the playoffs, and Taylor sucking? 0:)

I think Peterman will be the starter next year because he'll earn the position. I think sitting and learning this year will help him, and his skill set will fit the offense. Quit assuming I have certain expectations.

TT can win and I hope he does. Ultimately Peterman to me will make a better QB.

Tyrod's high ratings have to be taken with a grain of salt. Numbers without context are worthless.

Think a moment, for example, if he wasn't throwing to outstanding skill players like Zay Jones, Jordan Matthews, Andre Holmes, Deonte Thompson, Nick OLeary and Logan Thomas... and instead had a bunch of scraps like Gronk, Cooks, and Amendola... or Nelson, Cobb, and Adams... or Cooper, Crabtree and Cook... or...

Tyrod's high ratings have to be taken with a grain of salt. Numbers without context are worthless.

Think a moment, for example, if he wasn't throwing to outstanding skill players like Zay Jones, Jordan Matthews, Andre Holmes, Deonte Thompson, Nick OLeary and Logan Thomas... and instead had a bunch of scraps like Gronk, Cooks, and Amendola... or Nelson, Cobb, and Adams... or Cooper, Crabtree and Cook... or...

sarcasm?

(sarcasm)

4-2 with Sammy, 4-2 w/o Sammy. Who needs him?

Exactly,at this point I just ignore them, especially when almost every fan of another team praises him when I say I'm a Bills fan.

It's clear these Bills fans are biased against him for whatever reason

Good idea. It's healthy to just ignore any dissenting opinion from yours.

I know that scoring has been down considerably this season. I made mention of this before that I think it is due to the quality at QB around the league.

But I can still dream can't I?

pretty please?

I hope for that every Bills game. I would love for them to just step on the gas and never look back. I hate stressful 4th quarters but I guess it is better to be stressing about pulling off a win than to be yelling at the tv because they are getting blown out.

I think Peterman will be the starter next year because he'll earn the position. I think sitting and learning this year will help him, and his skill set will fit the offense. Quit assuming I have certain expectations.

TT can win and I hope he does. Ultimately Peterman to me will make a better QB.

What do you base this off of? His preseason performance against guys that are not in the league anymore? I just want the Bills to find the best QB they can....if its Taylor, Peterman, or a first round pick, I just want someone that can be consistant for years to come.

What do you base this off of? His preseason performance against guys that are not in the league anymore? I just want the Bills to find the best QB they can....if its Taylor, Peterman, or a first round pick, I just want someone that can be consistant for years to come.

Partly off preseason, partly off college. I said earlier I think Peterman will start and that they will draft someone round one or two.

I like TT, and have said they should let him play to his strengths: manage the game, be careful with the ball, and run when he can. But to me success with that would be limited. A guy that can hit receivers quickly and move the ball consistently has long term greater chance of sustained success. I have doubts TT gets there, and to me Peterman may.

My favourite part about the Tampa game is that with the game on the line and the ball in his hand, Taylor led the Bill to a fourth quarter comeback. He hasn't shown the ability to make plays with the game on the line and I was thrilled that was able to make the clutch plays needed for the win. If Taylor can pull a few more victories out of the jaws of defeat, he will win over the fan base.

I have cheered for every quarterback who has donned a Bills jersey and will cheer for Taylor to succeed until the next Bill's quarterback takes his place.

FP

The problem with Tyrod is his ceiling is pretty low. The good thing about Tyrod is his floor is pretty high.

I don't think he's the type you build a team around. He's the type you keep around for as long as you can until you find your franchise QB.

PFF can say what they want about him, but Tyrod has never shown that he can be a powerhouse QB. Game Manager? Yes. Solid starter? Sometimes.

What limits his ceiling?

Man it's so refreshing not having to scroll to the bottom of any QB related list. While many will try to discredit PFF, it is consistently cited by almost all in the NFL community. They have a system they put big money into and are definitely a credible source.

I said after week 1 that we are seeing Tyrod Taylor 2.0, I felt he improved in footwork , pocket presence and speed scanning the field. I never understood the drafting QB talk or putting Peterman in. Taylor had a winning record with a terrible,bi polar defense and I said all off season that he will do damage with a legit D.

PFF seems to agree as they have Taylor as the 7th ranked QB after 7 weeks , 6th best active QB,as Rodgers is done for 17. Beyond the numbers,he is also a very high character guy and a true leader for this offense, unless his play drastically declines, build around him with these 6 picks in the first 3 rds and create a plwerhouse for years to come..

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-qb-rankings-by-pff-grade-after-week-7

Pro Football Outsiders, which I think assesses play pretty accurately, has Taylor around 18, not 7. Although 18 may be low, I don't see Taylor any higher than 10 or 12, and maybe not even that.

Partly off preseason, partly off college. I said earlier I think Peterman will start and that they will draft someone round one or two.

I like TT, and have said they should let him play to his strengths: manage the game, be careful with the ball, and run when he can. But to me success with that would be limited. A guy that can hit receivers quickly and move the ball consistently has long term greater chance of sustained success. I have doubts TT gets there, and to me Peterman may.

Then would you support picking up his option and then trading him? Cause he would have soooo much value to other teams. BTW I also disagree that Peterman will be starting 2018 Week 1 because he earned it.

I know that scoring has been down considerably this season. I made mention of this before that I think it is due to the quality at QB around the league.

But I can still dream can't I?

pretty please?

You can dream as long as you keep in mind that the Bills has one of the biggest point differentials in the league last year (especially before a -20 in week 17). They finished 7-9. Dont worry about the blowouts. Worry about the wins and I promise you will be happier.

He's been a PRO for how long? You're still talking about his ceiling? This Tyrod is as good as he's ever going to get. Unless he gets help from a super-natural wideout like Sammy. Guess what we don't got Sammy. Tyrod maximized.

So the best we can aspire to is a top 10 QB?

I'll live with it...

Fat point. It could always be worse. Poor Raiders.

Then would you support picking up his option and then trading him? Cause he would have soooo much value to other teams. BTW I also disagree that Peterman will be starting 2018 Week 1 because he earned it.

Then you're Nostradamus. How do you know he hasn't earned something that's a year away? My opinion is he will but it's just a guess. And if TT continues his development, gets them deep into the playoffs this year, I'd be delighted to be wrong.