Prepare to see some heavy formations on offense this week

Logic

It will give next April.

you're probably right. after last season, i was done with tyrod. then they brought him back as our qb. so, as long as he is our guy, i stand behind him and wish him all the success possible. but before the season started, i was really becoming one with my inner tank. so now, i just feel my sanity twisting away with every passing game. such is life as a biils fan.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that, so far, opposing defenses have shown no fear of Tyrod's passing game - hence the crappy rushing totals.

I don't see why any team wouldn't just keep doing the same thing.

Thats what the unbalanced lines help with...even against stacked boxes it can be very effective and once an RB breaks through the initial 5 yards there will be very little in front of them in the way of defenders...

Thats what the unbalanced lines help with...even against stacked boxes it can be very effective and once an RB breaks through the initial 5 yards there will be very little in front of them in the way of defenders...

I hope it works. Love to see Shady break one.

Regardless of retooling the running game, we still have to take some shots downfield to at least make an attempt to back off opposing defense from the line of scrimmage.

Bucs are getting healthy on defense and getting some key guys back this week so their 31st ranked may not be so terrible this week.

I see other teams like the Chiefs and Raiders throw long passes into double coverage. Sometimes the guy catches it, sometimes they get PI, sometimes nothing.

But the opponent knows they will go deep.

No reason we can't do that.

This you need a guy with track star speed to "take the top off the defense" is over rated I'M HOPING.

I see other teams like the Chiefs and Raiders throw long passes into double coverage. Sometimes the guy catches it, sometimes they get PI, sometimes nothing.

But the opponent knows they will go deep.

No reason we can't do that.

This you need a guy with track star speed to "take the top off the defense" is over rated I'M HOPING.

Alex Smith

Derek Carr

Tyrod Taylor

....so everybody is comfortable with the running game ala Shady, Jones, Tolbert & DiMarco?......thought Banyard looked pretty good and would be a PS re-sign.....DiMarco?...meh...

Nope. When this running game was it's best it's because we had a true change of pace guy like Karlos Williams or Gillessie.

Nothing against Tolbert, he's solid playing the role of grizzled veteran but he shouldn't be carrying the ball as much as he is.

Nope. When this running game was it's best it's because we had a true change of pace guy like Karlos Williams or Gillessie.

Nothing against Tolbert, he's solid playing the role of grizzled veteran but he shouldn't be carrying the ball as much as he is.

...so why Dimarco versus Banyard?................

Rodak reported this too:

LeSean McCoy said Wednesday that Bills coaches used the bye week to re-tool their run-game playbook. "Just get to things that we do that we're more successful in, that the line is familiar with, comfortable with," he said. "Something that's been working for so long [before 2017], stick with it. The coaches know that. Also they have their own schemes that they want to do."

Seems like Rico isn't as stupid as we thought. I'm pretty excited to see if things are fixed.

Just return to last year's over loaded lines and man blocking. Zone blocking schemes won't work since most teams put a LB spy on TT. Until Clay & Matthews return, our running attack has to thrive.

If I was in charge of this current offense, I would use 6 lineman A TE and a FB on almost every down. We cant throw the ball when we are healthy. Our passing game without Clay or Mathews is not even worth trying. I would be throwing less then 10 passes with this qb. Line up in big sets and use creative ways to run and block. Should be like the old early 2000s buc ball where they would win 10-6 or 12-7

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

If I was in charge of this current offense, I would use 6 lineman A TE and a FB on almost every down. We cant throw the ball when we are healthy. Our passing game without Clay or Mathews is not even worth trying. I would be throwing less then 10 passes with this qb. Line up in big sets and use creative ways to run and block. Should be like the old early 2000s buc ball where they would win 10-6 or 12-7

and when the defense puts 10 players at the LOS,,,,how do you run against that?

Edited by nucci

and when the defense puts 10 players at the LOS,,,,how do you run against that?

If you can get them to do that then I would say they would be pretty vulnerable to being beat by the play action once or twice and that should make them back off. I am not throwing more then 10-12 passes in the game with these WRs and QB. It just wont be effective. Unless Mathews plays and is a full go, we will have no chance of moving the ball through the air. None of our WRs outside of Mathews even belong on an active game day roster.