Prepare to see some heavy formations on offense this week

Logic

Im actually hoping for the return of the deep ball off play action

It will open up the running game underneath it

...EXACTLY.....help me out a bit John with your expertise.....if a known TT deficiency is his rapid field scan ability, why a three step drop?....if the OL is allegedly deficient in pass blocking, doesn't a three step drop make even LESS sense?......why force Taylor into the pocket versus exploiting his mobility and agility with more play action/rollouts?......I could even see play action/rollouts opening up misdirection plays......is the beloved SCHEME so rigid that we do not adjust it to exploit the talent of current personnel?....what am I missing here?....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...EXACTLY.....help me out a bit John with your expertise.....if a known TT deficiency is his rapid field scan ability, why a three step drop?....if the OL is allegedly deficient in pass blocking, doesn't a three step drop make even LESS sense?......why force Taylor into the pocket versus exploiting his mobility and agility with more play action/rollouts?......I could even see play action/rollouts opening up misdirection plays......is the beloved SCHEME so rigid that we do not adjust it to exploit the talent of current personnel?....what am I missing here?....

It's McD's process. Players either fit,or they do not fit.

It's McD's process. Players either fit,or they do not fit.

....STILL remember Ditka on ESPN saying, "you can have the greatest system in the world, but if you do not have the personnel to run it, you'll fail"......hard to dispute it unless we stick with McD's RIGID process and make plans for our silver anniversary (that would be 25th) celebration of missing the playoffs..as he continues to find EXACT (COUGH) fits....stay tuned..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

.....how do you do that with ONE stallion in the stable who is backed up by Tolbert, DiMarco & Jones if he goes down?.....guess WHO gets stuffed unless that is your "three headed monster"...

Secretariat was only one stallion and kicked butt.

Plus I don't get the Tolbert stuff. He's averaging about 3.5 a carry. Every time I see him he's making positive yardage.

Football is about imposing your will. Ultimately you have to beat the guy across from you.

Although I wouldn't argue with some play action...,

Secretariat was only one stallion and kicked butt.

Plus I don't get the Tolbert stuff. He's averaging about 3.5 a carry. Every time I see him he's making positive yardage.

Football is about imposing your will. Ultimately you have to beat the guy across from you.

Although I wouldn't argue with some play action...,

....sorry for confusion....didn't mean to discount Tolbert, but what is your take on DiMarco?.....I think Banyard should have been retained as he showed promise and DiMarco should be gone........

....sorry for confusion....didn't mean to discount Tolbert, but what is your take on DiMarco?.....I think Banyard should have been retained as he showed promise and DiMarco should be gone........

Dimarco is a great lead blocker. Plus I think we're going to see him in the passing game.

I was surprised by that. Am I OK with it? Meh. He wasn't active most games anyway.

If Shady gets hurt we're hosed anyway.

...which precisely goes back to my ONE stallion stable.........add in a zero threatening passing attack, what do we do then?.........quick kick?...punt?...forfeit?.....wait for 2018 and the "promised land"?.....how many threads/posts are about depth or lack thereof?.....if the unfortunate "sans Shady" occurs, I seriously doubt any long term options or "trust the process plan"..........

Just listened to Press Pass on NFLR and for multiple reasons Vic picked the Bills, while Dan picked the Bucs. Vic's notion was Winston only had one practice on Friday and not sure if his shoulder is better. Dan chose the Bucs as a ton of injured players on defense are coming back on the Bucs, even though the Bucs defense has been suspect.

We'll find out tomorrow.

...which precisely goes back to my ONE stallion stable.........add in a zero threatening passing attack, what do we do then?.........quick kick?...punt?...forfeit?.....wait for 2018 and the "promised land"?.....how many threads/posts are about depth or lack thereof?.....if the unfortunate "sans Shady" occurs, I seriously doubt any long term options or "trust the process plan"..........

They'd just pluck someone from the waiver wire.

It would be the perfect game to unleash him because of the 100 rushing ypg

Do the unexpected no?

...why do we wait precisely to THIS game to unleash his agility/mobility versus all of the others?.....shouldn't that have been part of the overall offensive game plan from day 1 so you can determine if he is in the "mix" for your 2018 plans?....where are consistent rollouts, play actions and misdirections?....is rigidity to your renowned "system" because your ego is bigger than having brass bawls for adapting?....and if McD is going along with this "offensiveless"plan, shame on him.....

What I don't get is what took them so long. You'd think exhibition games are the tool to see if things are working and you begin making adjustments. You have all camp and four games to evaluate what you need to do and make adjustments. What if our bye week didn't come until week 10? Would we still do the same stupid things that aren't working. Would we still try to play to our players weaknesses?

I'm glad to hear that this is happening and hopefully the next 11 games will not be so futile on offense. After watching the Raiders last night, we are going to need to score 27+ to beat them.

The running game in preseason was fine. That's why it wasn't changed. It was fine vs the jets......and then it broke. Hard to change things up in preseason if things aren't broken. Now that the run game IS broken, they're trying to fix it.