Vick on Tyrod: "You've got a god given talent. Use it."

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are pivotal moments in everyones life, and in every professional athletes career, that propel you forward or backward. Defining moments that make or break you. This is one of them for Tyrod. Most often, when I am faced with what I know to be a crossroads in my life or career, I think to myself, What would Ron Mexico do?

There are pivotal moments in everyones life, and in every professional athletes career, that propel you forward or backward. Defining moments that make or break you. This is one of them for Tyrod. Most often, when I am faced with what I know to be a crossroads in my life or career, I think to myself, What would Ron Mexico do?

Run too much, get his ass handed to him, lay on the field in the fetal position, walk off on his own power and never play again.

http://youtu.be/RrAIL9MlWJY

Edited by PolishDave

Interesting comment today from Bucs standout DT Gerald McCoy on Taylor:

SiriusXM NFL RadioVerified account @SiriusXMNFL 2h2 hours ago

#Buccaneers DT @Geraldini93: I have been telling my teammates that Tyrod Taylor is real "Vickish." You think you have him going to the ground and he ducks under your arm. He can throw it 60 yards with the flick of his wrist...it's ridiculous.

Interesting comment today from Bucs standout DT Gerald McCoy on Taylor:

SiriusXM NFL Radio‏Verified account @SiriusXMNFL 2h2 hours ago

#Buccaneers DT @Geraldini93: I have been telling my teammates that Tyrod Taylor is real "Vickish." You think you have him going to the ground and he ducks under your arm. He can throw it 60 yards with the flick of his wrist...it's ridiculous.

Sure, he can. But it's much more likely that he won't.

He can throw it 60 yds with the flick of his wrist but the issue is on that play the receiver will most likely be only 40 yds away and we will call in the punt team again. Our best passing plays right now are screens. Fix the run game and start running the ball 45 times a game.

Improvements throwing the football will go a long way in fixing the run game in my humble opinion

Improvements throwing the football will go a long way in fixing the run game in my humble opinion

...so why is Dennison stuck in neutral with his renowned "system" versus utilizing Taylor's mobility and physical attributes?.....don't you exploit the talents your current personnel has versus the rigidity of your "system"?.....maybe we can piss away a few more years to find Ricky's chosen few.......shades of Steve Fairchild or FOULchild........very frustrating to hear continuously about the "system" and the "process"...Belichick will forever remain THE master of adjustments to his personnel...lesson learned and their dominance speaks for itself..............

Seventh year in the league.

The improvement stage is long gone.

Alex Smith is having the best season of his career, in year 13. I dont know why the assumption is that every QB hits a ceiling at a certain point and can never improve from there. Thats not true in anything else in life. A 30 year old lawyer surely knows more about his career than his 25 year old self so whats the difference in football? Some things, Ike athleticism, cant be improved all that much. But Tyrods weaknesses in particular - reading a defense, making good decisions - can certainly improve with experience. Hell never be Peyton Manning but can he be 2017 Alex Smith? I think so.

...so why is Dennison stuck in neutral with his renowned "system" versus utilizing Taylor's mobility and physical attributes?.....don't you exploit the talents your current personnel has versus the rigidity of your "system"?.....maybe we can piss away a few more years to find Ricky's chosen few.......shades of Steve Fairchild or FOULchild........very frustrating to hear continuously about the "system" and the "process"...Belichick will forever remain THE master of adjustments to his personnel...lesson learned and their dominance speaks for itself..............

Taylor himself might be trying to limit the amount of hard hits IMO.

Alex Smith is having the best season of his career, in year 13. I dont know why the assumption is that every QB hits a ceiling at a certain point and can never improve from there. Thats not true in anything else in life. A 30 year old lawyer surely knows more about his career than his 25 year old self so whats the difference in football? Some things, Ike athleticism, cant be improved all that much. But Tyrods weaknesses in particular - reading a defense, making good decisions - can certainly improve with experience. Hell never be Peyton Manning but can he be 2017 Alex Smith? I think so.

Well, seeing how you're comparing apples to apples (nfl player vs. lawyer), I guess I have to agree.

Plus, Alex Smith has been consistently very good for about the past 7 years. It certainly didn't take him 7 years to be a decent QB, although yes - he has gotten better.

Again, your comparison (Smith vs. Taylor) is another apples to apples comparison that I really can't dispute.

Tyrod is a very talented but flawed qb. Hes made a great career for himself. He just will never be able to win with his arm consistently to ever be a franchise qb.

Side note, it does seem like Vick has matured from his early BS. Its so hard to move past that crap he did earlier though. But I do believe he has changed and if it genuine, I do salute him.

Well, seeing how you're comparing apples to apples (nfl player vs. lawyer), I guess I have to agree.

Plus, Alex Smith has been consistently very good for about the past 7 years. It certainly didn't take him 7 years to be a decent QB, although yes - he has gotten better.

Again, your comparison (Smith vs. Taylor) is another apples to apples comparison that I really can't dispute.

I get the Smith comparison because they are kinda game managers. But there are major differences.

1). People treat Smith like he is some scrub. He was the number 1 overall pick. Tyrod went in the 6th.

2) Smith is 64 while Tyrod is 6

3). Smith played as a rookie on a terrible team so its easier to understand his struggles. Tyrod sat for 3 years and then joined a 9-7 team.

4) Smith plays for possibly the best offensive coach in the nfl.

Tyrod is a very talented but flawed qb. Hes made a great career for himself. He just will never be able to win with his arm consistently to ever be a franchise qb.

Side note, it does seem like Vick has matured from his early BS. Its so hard to move past that crap he did earlier though. But I do believe he has changed and if it genuine, I do salute him.

I get the Smith comparison because they are kinda game managers. But there are major differences.

1). People treat Smith like he is some scrub. He was the number 1 overall pick. Tyrod went in the 6th.

2) Smith is 64 while Tyrod is 6

3). Smith played as a rookie on a terrible team so its easier to understand his struggles. Tyrod sat for 3 years and then joined a 9-7 team.

4) Smith plays for possibly the best offensive coach in the nfl.

I was being facetious.