Hey Bills fans

Ice bowl 67

I know most people outside of Packer fans didn't mind it. It improves their teams chances of going all the way. Plus everyone hates the Packers as much as the Patriots outside of Green Bay.

I don't think thats true at all

I actually think the Packers are one of the most liked teams with all fans in the AFC

yup

First off hope you beat the Bucs next week. Second now I know how you guys have felt at times after yesterday, ouch. Hopefully you guys can go to the Superbowl now that were out of it.

What did you think about Barr's hit on Rodgers? I thought it was dirty.

He could have let up I think or at least tried to let up. I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

He absolutely could have let up. The ball was well away by the time he hit Rodgers. I've seen that same play flagged dozens of times, in and out of the pocket.

He absolutely could have let up. The ball was well away by the time he hit Rodgers. I've seen that same play flagged dozens of times, in and out of the pocket.

Looked like a clean hit on the QB to me. Unfortunate result of injury, but the hit was clean.

They need to let guys hit quarterbacks more in my opinion. And that hit was as textbook as they get.

If you want to see a dirty hit, go look at the hit in the Cincy game that knocked Clay out with. Defender unnecessarily targeted Clay's knee. :lol:

Edited by PolishDave

I think it was an intentional act to hurt him. He was tackled to the ground and then finished off with the usual - i'm going to unecessarily throw all of my weight on this prone player to see if i can cause some damage. But I guess that's how football is played nowadays as I see it happening all the time. To merely tackle is not enough.

I think it was an intentional act to hurt him. He was tackled to the ground and then finished off with the usual - i'm going to unecessarily throw all of my weight on this prone player to see if i can cause some damage. But I guess that's how football is played nowadays as I see it happening all the time. To merely tackle is not enough.

A divisional rival is the best bet to try to do that. It seemed like once Rodgers went down the rest of the team just stopped trying or there was no energy or excitement.

The Bills would never do that cause they have class.

Of course not

knocking the oppositions QB out of the game wins football games

Looked like a clean hit on the QB to me. Unfortunate result of injury, but the hit was clean.

They need to let guys hit quarterbacks more in my opinion. And that hit was as textbook as they get.

If you want to see a dirty hit, go look at the hit in the Cincy game that knocked Clay out with. Defender unnecessarily targeted Clay's knee. :lol:

The tackle itself was OK; it was the timing that made it dirty. The ball was away well before Barr hit Rodgers, and Barr clearly could have pulled up or held back but didn't. I agree with you that the hit on Clay was dirty, but that's just the kind of organization the Bengals are...garbage.

Jeez Ice, don't think I'd write the season off just yet. Last I heard he could be back for the playoffs. Maybe Hundley steps up and holds the fort for ya'll.

thats what i'm thinking,

Not that I enjoy using this as an example , but does BB and the Pats lose football games without Mrs Brady?

ummmm no, not many

You will get no sympathy from me.

where's cripple creek when you need him?

to the OP. the game can be devastating, a low blow for sure. rogers is a hell of a competitor and it's a drag this violent game can take a player out of his game like that. he'll be back, maybe not this season but back with a vengeance I'm sure.

as for the superbowl. lets not even go there but gb sure had a shot.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Now you'll get to see what everyone else does around the NFL...that coaches with great QB's aren't really that much better and are often times worse than coaches without them. Save Bellichick who somehow coaxes his teams to not miss a beat.

McCarthy hasn't done much in his time without Rodgers as his QB that should inspire much confidence...Rodgers has covered up a lot of things there.

Edited by matter2003

The tackle itself was OK; it was the timing that made it dirty. The ball was away well before Barr hit Rodgers, and Barr clearly could have pulled up or held back but didn't. I agree with you that the hit on Clay was dirty, but that's just the kind of organization the Bengals are...garbage.

Yeah. He could have lessened the hit no doubt as it was obvious Rogers got rid of the ball. It doesn't bother me simply because I want quarterbacks to have to play actual NFL football too instead of flag football. He was tackled high, with arms wrapped. Didn't go for head. Didn't go for knees. Exactly the kind of tackles you want your guys to make on defense.

Yeah. He could have lessened the hit no doubt as it was obvious Rogers got rid of the ball. It doesn't bother me simply because I want quarterbacks to have to play actual NFL football too instead of flag football. He was tackled high, with arms wrapped. Didn't go for head. Didn't go for knees. Exactly the kind of tackles you want your guys to make on defense.

Running backs and WRs don't get tackled during or immediately after attempting to throw the football; a QB who has just thrown a pass, like Rodgers yesterday, is extremely vulnerable because he's not in a position to protect himself from the collision with the defender or with the ground, and his shoulder is particularly vulnerable in that situation. That's the main reason why we need different rules to protect QBs and the hit on Rodgers is a great example of that.

It's not "making the QB wear a dress," as some have said; it's protecting the most important player on the team, who happens to be uniquely vulnerable to injury because of what his position demands that he do.

Edited by mannc

Running backs and WRs don't get tackled during or immediately after attempting to throw the football; a QB who has just thrown a pass, like Rodgers yesterday, is extremely vulnerable because he's not in a position to protect himself from the collision with the defender or with the ground, and his shoulder is particularly vulnerable in that situation. That's the main reason why we need different rules to protect QBs and the hit on Rodgers is a great example of that.

It's not "making the QB wear a dress," as some have said; it's protecting the most important player on the team, who happens to be uniquely vulnerable to injury because of what his position demands that he do.

This is a really good post and I was just thinking about modifications to a QB's shoulder pads that could be made because of what you posted.

QB is more vulnerable then any other athlete on the field and he's also in many instances the most important player in the franchise.

If you honestly think that it was intentional thank god you didn't watch football pre 2000 where QB's got lit up routinely

Completely disagree. It is hard enough to tackle a QB without a flag as is. At some point you and fans need to accept regardless of what we do to protect players bad hits happen and players will be in vulnerable positions. It's unavoidable.

Frankly football fans today are lucky and spoiled with how QB's are not hit and how the stars are playing longer then ever thanks to rule changes so you can see their excellence. Just about every top QB pre-2000 minus maybe Elway got hit in ways that ended seasons frequently or at minimum would take them out for weeks at a time. The 1990 Bills division clinching game was led by Frank Reich against Dan Marino because Kelly got his knee drilled. I'm sure the networks and fans would've preferred Jim vs Dan but it was what it was. Montana was hit so bad in the 1990 NFC championship it messed him up for the following season and a half. Terry Bradshaw's injury in 1980 ended the Steelers dynasty more or less on spot because he was never the same.

The last decade and a half has basically been a golden era of QB play and see stars out their without much injury at that position. That was not routine and people are too conditioned that it should be now. I honestly don't care to see football neutered in a way that a QB becomes untouchable which some are basically pushing for now. As is the rule changes in 04 and 07 on QB/WR's made it even harder to win without a top QB because if the limits on hitting players. The last thing I care to see is even more regulation in a game is impossible to fully regulate anyway.

Edited by corta765

If you honestly think that it was intentional thank god you didn't watch football pre 2000 where QB's got lit up routinely

Completely disagree. It is hard enough to tackle a QB without a flag as is. At some point you and fans need to accept regardless of what we do to protect players bad hits happen and players will be in vulnerable positions. It's unavoidable.

Frankly football fans today are lucky and spoiled with how QB's are not hit and how the stars are playing longer then ever thanks to rule changes so you can see their excellence. Just about every top QB pre-2000 minus maybe Elway got hit in ways that ended seasons frequently or at minimum would take them out for weeks at a time. The 1990 Bills division clinching game was led by Frank Reich against Dan Marino because Kelly got his knee drilled. I'm sure the networks and fans would've preferred Jim vs Dan but it was what it was. Montana was hit so bad in the 1990 NFC championship it messed him up for the following season and a half.

The last decade and a half has basically been a golden era of QB play and see stars out their without much injury at that position. That was not routine and people are too conditioned that it should be now.

Always room for improvement when it comes to protection in humble opinion.

Not from what I was reading on twitter and Facebook. Everybody or most people were super happy he went down. 2018 season is a long ways off so I guess time to start preparing for that.

I find that surprising, Rodgers is an exciting player to watch and to root for. Now if Brady went down such a reaction wouldn't surprise me at all. The league is more ineteresting with Rodgers playing than without.