Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners

Foxx

You should keep reading. There is some interesting stuff in the grievance. For example, he alleges that Trump has "been an organizing force in the collusion among team owners in their conduct towards Kaepernick" and that "NFL GMs and team leaders have referred to directives from NFL owners to not let Kaepernick so much as practice with a team." Maybe it won't be so hard to prove collusion after all...

Yes, a conspiracy from the White House to keep a single mediocre QB out of one professional sports league should be a cinch. :lol:

Wrong. This topic is covered above. Kaepernick is alleging that the owners have colluded against him "in retaliation for [his] leadership and advocacy for equality and social justice ...". He also alleges that the owners "have retaliated against [him] in response to coercion and calculated coordination from the Executive Branch of the United States government." I suspect he may try to show that this alleged state action directly brings the First Amendment into play. Interesting...

That is just retarded. President Oompa-Loompa spouting off on the actions of players over which he has no authority does not impact the First Amendment rights of a non-player. It doesn't even impact the rights of actual players.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49ers would have released him if he didn't opt out

apparently, some here don't want to acknowledge this. It will hurt their argument against Kaep.

Ok, so let them release you. The fact that he hasn't been signed by anyone else is a moot point. It's not a right to play football, it is a privilege and a well paying one at that. That would be like me choosing to leave the plant I work at and ask the same union to take me in at a plant elsewhere, then file a lawsuit because it didn't go the way I wanted it to go. It's not going to work out. If they let me go, this facility, then I may have grounds for a grievance and be able to return while being reimbursed for all of the hours I missed out on. In Kaep's case they can't force a team to make you a contract offer. They can't force someone to give you a paycheck. This is more of his childish, "woe oppressed me" antics. I'll tell you one thing though, if he wasn't being blackballed before then you can bet your a** he will be now. ;)

Edited by H2o

All that proves is that you're free to beat women, kill dogs and smoke dope...but try speaking out for racial justice and you're untouchable.

No, it proves that being able to win football games trumps everything else.

Guess which guy can't win football games (here's a hint: it's Kaepernick.)

No, it proves that being able to win football games trumps everything else.

Guess which guy can't win football games (here's a hint: it's Kaepernick.)

He almost won that Super Bowl he went to. Wasn't that Jim Kelly's ceiling?

Nope. It's what legal professionals are paid to do. It's not a 'waste', it's how our judicial system functions. There is no such thing as a frivolous lawsuit in the US, or we wouldn't have such an extensive tort structure.

Your opinion of Kaepernick's supposed victimhood is irrelevant as to whether or not this case serves a function in society.

Uh, you might want to read up on Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure...

It exists for a reason.

He almost won that Super Bowl he went to. Wasn't that Jim Kelly's ceiling?

Yeah, a power outage and having a fantastic defense had nothing to do with that, I'm sure.

Of course, are you trying to say that Brad Johnson and Rob Johnson are better QBs than Kelly and Marino? They've got a ring you know.

Uh, you might want to read up on Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure...

It exists for a reason.

Yeah, a power outage and having a fantastic defense had nothing to do with that, I'm sure.

Of course, are you trying to say that Brad Johnson and Rob Johnson are better QBs than Kelly and Marino? They've got a ring you know.

No. That's not what I'm trying to say.

I'm trying to say that, while he wasn't the greatest by any means, Colin Kaepernick was a very good QB who did, in fact, know how to win.

And most successful QBs - especially Super Bowl winning QBs - are backed by top defenses.

Nope. It's what legal professionals are paid to do. It's not a 'waste', it's how our judicial system functions. There is no such thing as a frivolous lawsuit in the US, or we wouldn't have such an extensive tort structure.

Your opinion of Kaepernick's supposed victimhood is irrelevant as to whether or not this case serves a function in society.

My aunt is banned from filing any more lawsuits in Maine. Why don't you talk to her...

No. That's not what I'm trying to say.

I'm trying to say that, while he wasn't the greatest by any means, Colin Kaepernick was a very good QB who did, in fact, know how to win.

And most successful QBs - especially Super Bowl winning QBs - are backed by top defenses.

That's fine. However, it does not excuse the multiple subsequent years of suck that Kaepernick brought to the field.

His skill is simply not worth the pricetag he thinks he commands, and certainly is not worth the headache he (and his idiot girlfriend) brings to any team foolish enough to sign him.