Harvey Weinstein (and others) accused of sexual harrasement

RaoulDuke79

35 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Imagine you’re you but trying to make it in comedy as an up and coming comic. One of the most successful comics invited you to hangout. Then asks you if he can jerk off in front of you. 

it’s not acceptable. 

That ignores his coworker who who has the same story as the young comics. He took advantage of his position. He’s not Weinstein but nor is he a good guy in this. 

He wasn't THAT successful at the time, but regardless, are you saying if you're successful in your field you can't proposition women in the same field?

39 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Imagine you’re you but trying to make it in comedy as an up and coming comic. One of the most successful comics invited you to hangout. Then asks you if he can jerk off in front of you. 

it’s not acceptable. 

That ignores his coworker who who has the same story as the young comics. He took advantage of his position. He’s not Weinstein but nor is he a good guy in this. 

this is laughably weak in argument.

unless you somehow believe comics are some how beyond that of any other type of employment

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

it’s not acceptable. 

Well, goddammit...when the hell IS it acceptable to ask a woman if you can jerk off in front of her?

12 hours ago, Rob's House said:

He wasn't THAT successful at the time, but regardless, are you saying if you're successful in your field you can't proposition women in the same field?

He was the producer of one of their shows.

“Do you want to go to dinner?” OK. 

“Do you wanna watch me jerk off?” Not OK.

Remember that time the guy who could blink and give you your dream asked to jerk off in front of you? 

It’s not like C.K. is a guy who wouldn’t know when one situation is ok and the other is not. He knows when he can abuse his position and when he can't. He already admitted that he abused his power so my goal isn't to beat the dead horse on him personally. I'd like to say, "Others can learn from this" but it's not differential calculus to know not to act the way he acted. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

He was the producer of one of their shows.

“Do you want to go to dinner?” OK. 

“Do you wanna watch me jerk off?” Not OK.

Remember that time the guy who could blink and give you your dream asked to jerk off in front of you? 

It’s not like C.K. is a guy who wouldn’t know when one situation is ok and the other is not. He knows when he can abuse his position and when he can't. He already admitted that he abused his power so my goal isn't to beat the dead horse on him personally. I'd like to say, "Others can learn from this" but it's not differential calculus to know not to act the way he acted. 

You're insane. This is a piss poor attempt at an argument.

So, she wouldn't feel pressured to agree to dinner when he asked but would feel pressured to be asked about giving himself a tug?

This is the worst argument I've seen ever made on the subject of whoever Louis CK is (I know he's a comedian but don't care one bit who he is...)

Btw. Apologizing or walking it back is standard procedure. If he remained quiet he would be ripped apart.   Just once I'd love these guys to grow some balls an tell the media to !@#$ off.

Edited by Boyst62

37 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

So, she wouldn't feel pressured to agree to dinner when he asked but would feel pressured to be asked about giving himself a tug?

This is the worst argument I've seen ever made 

"Hi, want to go to dinner on Friday?" 

vs.

"Hi, do you mind if I masturbate while you watch?"

Do see those as the same? I don't. Most don't. 

But maybe you have different sexual standards. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

vs.

Haven't we already had a "He asked me to dinner, and I felt I couldn't say no" sexual harassment story?

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

vs.

First off:

On any given day of the week I literally text a string of random girls I have on the hook "hey, want to come over and bang?"

It's rare for me to ask them to dinner. 

So, that may help.

The other aspect of note is no, I don't see a difference. And I don't know why it's wrong to ask.

On 11/12/2017 at 5:47 AM, Rob's House said:

Do we know if that's true? I haven't heard anything about him wrecking their careers.

Here's a bit of an update, his manager just issued an apology for the cover up:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/louis-ck-dave-becky-sexual-misconduct-1202613798/

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/pamela-adlon-louis-ck-dave-becky-1202614115/

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't see anything about destroying their careers. I just see a guy throwing his client under the bus for propositioning women to engage in what appears to be a consensual encounter. 

I think conflating this with people who actually force themselves on women or pressure them into quid pro quo situations is destructive.

I really don't see a meaningful distinction between asking a girl if she wants to !@#$ and asking her if she wants to watch you jerk off. The only difference is that the latter seems weird, but to each his own.

13 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

vs.

Just because they're not the same doesn't make one inherently wrong. If you're having drinks with a girl and ask her if she'd like to see your satin sheets it's quite a bit different from asking her if she'd like to go on a picnic, but it doesn't make it wrong outside of puritanical circles.

Is trying to get laid a crime?

6 hours ago, bbb said:

So the last few years it's been all about getting consent.  So, Louis asks for consent for what apparently is his thing.  And, now he's too successful to do that.  What? 

It won't stop until they've completely criminalized straight male sexuality.  The ultimate goal of modern feminism is to invert the sexual market to the benefit of ugly women by removing all constraints on female sexuality and any moral agency from women while maximally restricting and criminalizing (even pathologizing, if I may) male sexuality and placing all of the moral responsibility on men.  Case in point: the below poster which lays out how a university in this country treats a particular situation between two adults:

072215JakeJosie.jpg

3 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

It won't stop until they've completely criminalized straight male sexuality.  The ultimate goal of modern feminism is to invert the sexual market to the benefit of ugly women by removing all constraints on female sexuality and any moral agency from women while maximally restricting and criminalizing (even pathologizing, if I may) male sexuality and placing all of the moral responsibility on men.  Case in point: the below poster which lays out how a university in this country treats a particular situation between two adults:

072215JakeJosie.jpg

I can't wait for somebody to challenge that bull **** under the equal protection clause.

15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I can't wait for somebody to challenge that bull **** under the equal protection clause.

Personally, I'm wondering how any halfway decent lawyer wouldn't be able to shred any case followed the setup of that poster.  I can't wait for the day where two people are simultaneously charged for rape.

edit: And what school is that?  The bottom corner is too blurry for me to make it out.

Edited by shrader

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Personally, I'm wondering how any halfway decent lawyer wouldn't be able to shred any case followed the setup of that poster.  I can't wait for the day where two people are simultaneously charged for rape.

edit: And what school is that?  The bottom corner is too blurry for me to make it out.

Coastal Carolina.

Oh but here's the thing: a college can have their own disciplinary board (read: kangaroo court) and can suspend or expel "Jake" without him being able to face his accuser or be represented by an attorney. It's not prison, but it sucks.

48 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Coastal Carolina.

Oh but here's the thing: a college can have their own disciplinary board (read: kangaroo court) and can suspend or expel "Jake" without him being able to face his accuser or be represented by an attorney. It's not prison, but it sucks.

That poster is unbelievable. Not to make light of this whole thing, but dang I want to Slippery Rock and never had a girlfriend in college. I would wager 90% of my hookups were when we were both drinking.

And BTW in relation to what you post above, Richmond football coach left there last year in large part because a player was hushed out of school in that very same manner.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Look at the Stanford swimmer rape case. He was destroyed by the media and all idiots who buy in to this crap

=

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

Coastal Carolina.

Has this changed yet.  I know it was instituted by the Obama Admin, and then the supposed she-devil Betsy Devos was going about changing it early this year - to put it where it should - in criminal courts.

33 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That poster is unbelievable. Not to make light of this whole thing, but dang I want to Slippery Rock and never had a girlfriend in college. I would wager 90% of my hookups were when we were both drinking.

In my college years, the atmosphere was not many boyfriend/girlfriends compared to constant hooking up.  I think the 90% number would be low. 

Just now, bbb said:

=

Has this changed yet.  I know it was instituted by the Obama Admin, and then the supposed she-devil Betsy Devos was going about changing it early this year - to put it where it should - in criminal courts.

In my college years, the atmosphere was not many boyfriend/girlfriends compared to constant hooking up.  I think the 90% number would be low. 

the 10% was the next morning(well, i was sober, she had to be still drunk after getting a good look at me in full light)

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If I go the Ripe Tomato, is it okay if I jerk off (before I get wings; I don't want to make a mess)?

Definitely do it before you get wings.  Doing it after sounds like a recipe for pain.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

072215JakeJosie.jpg

Interesting history on this poster. Actually was from 2007/8 school year, but made the interwebs rounds in 2015.

This is Coastal Carolinas poster from 2015..i won't post the picture, its in the link )

Hmm, enthusiastic and sober..I would still be a virgin if that was a condition for a woman to have sex with me

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ever-had-drunk-sex-thats-rape-according-to-this-university/article/2568742

27 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Interesting history on this poster. Actually was from 2007/8 school year, but made the interwebs rounds in 2015.

This is Coastal Carolinas poster from 2015..i won't post the picture, its in the link )

Hmm, enthusiastic and sober..I would still be a virgin if that was a condition for a woman to have sex with me

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ever-had-drunk-sex-thats-rape-according-to-this-university/article/2568742

The poster has changed, but how do you think they're enforcing that rule when both parties are drunk?

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

With that definition, I'd love to see a stat on how many children are the product of rape.  Would that have to be just about every single person born around the start of October?

Any other news I am quite satisfied and no that an overwhelming majority, likely pushing 90%... Maybe even 98%events in which the girl was not consuming alcohol upon first fornication. And only those who had been inebriated we're already in established relationships with me for that month I dated them. This is very reassuring to my self of steam that I am not a rapist

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

The poster has changed, but how do you think they're enforcing that rule when both parties are drunk?

Yeah, it's still problematic when you're encouraging the idea that "I'm not responsible for making bad decisions while I'm drunk."  

Sure, it seems fine applying it to sexual consent.  But now let's extrapolate that to DWI.

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, it's still problematic when you're encouraging the idea that "I'm not responsible for making bad decisions while I'm drunk."  

Sure, it seems fine applying it to sexual consent.  But now let's extrapolate that to DWI.

It's almost as if they didn't think it through! 

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'm not responsible for my bad decisions when I'm drunk.

But when you're drunk, you're still responsible for your bad decisions, and you're also responsible for mine as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.